International Simulation Football League
PTs / TPE gains - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: PTs / TPE gains (/showthread.php?tid=1129)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

PTs / TPE gains - Durden - 06-09-2017

So a few problems with the current system:

1) You take time to do PTs and can potentially get NOTHING? Seriously? I don't care if it's quoting someone else's predictions or making a mock draft.... if you don't get things right you get NOTHING? You need to at least give out base TPE for completing a PT or people won't do them.

2) Something has to change; cash gains, training cost, TPE earned per training or the update scale.

I have an average contract of 1.5m. That affords me ONE training for an entire season. And that training nets me a whopping THREE WHOLE TPE. This can get me from 70, to 71 in a stat. Wowzers! Then I come and do PTs and get nothing because I got things wrong, waste of time.

Want to just train every week? You HAVE to do large pieces of media to get another week of training.

I'm not trying to be a dick for once, but this is a serious concern. I'm a GM in SHL, Commissioner in GOMHL, and I've been a part of a handful of other sim leagues.

The gains system is inherently flawed, and it's going to push people away. You may see hardcore users keep trucking, or those that want this place to survive, but your general every day user is going to get disheartened and leave after 3 weeks because they can't improve their player, and improvements come super slowly.

I hope changes are made, because I WOULD like to see this place succeed. The WFL was promising, and it went south. I'm hoping this place doesn't.

PTs / TPE gains - WinstonKodogo - 06-09-2017

1) Getting 0 tpe for the mock drafts was annoying, I at least showed effort to complete it on my own and not just copy and paste.
2) I completely agree about the point about training costs.The only thing I can think of is that it's a way to get us to post more media as well which I can understand but you risk wearing people out with them having to come up with a media piece almost every week, plus some people might not even have the time to do media and are only able to update every week.

PTs / TPE gains - Bengals1Fan - 06-09-2017

I also second these concerns. I also quit the job because I was paid 3M for a season which makes me 9 TPE in a season... I make 3 TPE at an SBA job a week, so in 3 weeks I make more AS WELL as a real PT.

I agree that the system is flawed and that we need better.

PTs / TPE gains - Admin - 06-09-2017

I'm ok handing out TPE for participation of any PT, that can change.

What would you like to change about training? Worth more? Cost less? I don't want to hand out too much tpe every season and then have to change the update scale or pull back the TPE handed out in the future.

Should media be worth more money? If your contract isn't covering enough cost for training that could also be a potential solution. I'm open to discussing what you guys think here.

PTs / TPE gains - RainDelay - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 11:57 AM)Ballerstorm Wrote:I'm ok handing out TPE for participation of any PT, that can change.

What would you like to change about training? Worth more? Cost less? I don't want to hand out too much tpe every season and then have to change the update scale or pull back the TPE handed out in the future.

Should media be worth more money? If your contract isn't covering enough cost for training that could also be a potential solution. I'm open to discussing what you guys think here.

Thanks, participation TPE is a good idea.

Either 500k for 3 TPE or 1 mil for 5 TPE seems right to me. If the issue is giving out too much TPE, then the former makes the most sense.

Maybe the media scale can be bumped up a bit more in the lower amounts...idk here though

PTs / TPE gains - RavensFanFromOntario - 06-09-2017

Keep in mind it takes significantly less to max out here than say SHL.

PTs / TPE gains - Admin - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 10:09 AM)RavensFanFromOntario Wrote:Keep in mind it takes significantly less to max out here than say SHL.
I'll lay out what I had planned for the seasonal TPE earning.

To be elite it will be around 900 TPE. Fully maxed is around 1300.

Activity Checks + Training every week = 5 TPE/ week x 8 - 9 weeks = 40-45 TPE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draft Order Prediction = 0-6 TPE
PT #1 = 3 TPE
Mock Draft PT = 0-12 TPE
Rookie Minicamp = 10 TPE (Rookies only)
Team Training Camp = 10 TPE
Season Predictions = 0-10 TPE
Weekend PT = 1-3 TPE
Pre Season Stat Predictions
Week 1 Predictions = 0-3 TPE
PT #2 = 3 TPE
Week 2 Predictions = 0-3 TPE
Week 3 Predictions = 0-3 TPE
Week 4 Predictions = 0-3 TPE
PT #3 = 3 TPE
Week 5 Predictions = 0-3 TPE
Week 6 Predictions = 0-3 TPE
Week 7 Predictions = 0-3 TPE
PT #4 = 3 TPE
Week 8 Predictions = 0-3 TPE
Week 9 Predictions = 0-3 TPE
Week 10 Predictions = 0-3 TPE
Week 11 Predictions = 0-3 TPE
PT #5 = 3 TPE
Week 12 Predictions = 0-3 TPE
Week 13 Predictions = 0-3 TPE
Week 14 Predictions = 0-3 TPE
Playoff PT = 10 TPE
Playoff Predictions = 0-3 TPE
Milestones = 0-8 TPE?

Other earning opportunities:
Equipment = 0-10 TPE
Shoes +2 Speed and Agility
Gloves +2 Hands and Pass blocking and Run blocking
Shoulder Pads +2 Tackle and Strength
Extra time after practice +2 Intelligence and Endurance
Professional QB coach +2 Arm and Throwing Accuracy
Professional Kicking coach +2 Kick Power and Kick Accuracy

MAXIMUM earnable of 183 TPE if all predictions were correct. Most people will earn somewhere around 130 TPE if they did everything.

PTs / TPE gains - Nick - 06-09-2017

I think with the weekly tasks, there should be 1-3TPE just for participating and then make getting your predictions right can have a better reward? So maybe +2 instead of +1 for getting it right.

PTs / TPE gains - RainDelay - 06-09-2017

In reality, the predictions are ridiculously solid ways to earn TPE

PTs / TPE gains - adam2552 - 06-09-2017

My player archetype takes 1156 TPE to max.

In the current model:
Weekly TPE
Activity Check: +2
Weekly Training: +3
Random Other Point Tasks: +4 (arbitrary estimated number based off the ones posted so far)
Total: +9 TPE per real life week

Seasonly TPE
Training Camp: +10
Equipment/Coaches: +26
Total: 36 TPE per season

Let's say a season takes 6 weeks.
9 Per week * 6 weeks = 54 TPE
Seasonly TPE = 36
Total per season = 54 + 36 = 90

Now 1156 / 90 = 12.8 seasons

It will take me roughly 13 seasons to max my player.

Not sure if that's how it was intended or not, or if there will be more rewarding PTs or anything else planned. 15 seasons to max a player seems like a lot though.

(Edit: forgot activity checks)