International Simulation Football League
*Toasty's Week in a Nutshell Podcast - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Toasty's Week in a Nutshell Podcast (/showthread.php?tid=11442)

*Toasty's Week in a Nutshell Podcast - Toasty - 12-25-2018

Podcast

The Semi Accurate Transcript

Welcome to Toasty’s Week in a Nutshell Podcast presented by myself Fire-Bred. Today we are going to look at the start of the Otter’s Season. The Otters are currently 3-1 and second in their division, the ASFC. They are being led by 3rd year quarterback Gus T.T. Showbiz, 3rd year running back Rickey Adams, Rookie Wide Receiver Sunnycursed, and 5th year linebacker Rickey Ramero who is in his 2nd year with the team. Showbiz is putting up career number and entering himself in to the MVP race. In just 4 games he has managed to put up 1297 yards in 172 attempts, which is 3rd in the league behind Borkus Maximus and Micycle McCormick He has a 59.9 completion percentage which is tied for 3rd with the Sabercats’ 2nd year play caller Joliet Christ. His long is 52 yards, he has completed 103 of his throws for 10 touchdowns and just 2 interceptions which is tied for the least amount with Childish Gambino and Ryan Applehort. He currently has a 97.9 QBR which is the highest in the league. He is averaging 7.5 yards per attempt and 12.6 yards per completion. His touchdowns per throw percentage is 5.8% and his interceptions per throw percentage is 1.2%, but he is sacked 6% of the time he drops back which is close to being the worst in the league which is currently 6.8. At this point last season Gus was throwing 100 for 186, 1078 yards for 53.8 completion percentage 7 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. His QBR was a sad 70.1. He was averaging only 5.8 yards per throw and 10.8 yards per completion. His touchdowns per throw was a measly 3.8 and his Interceptions per throw percentage was 3.2% and was getting sacked 6.1% of the time he dropped back. So, talk about a night and day difference between Season 11 and Season 12 Showbiz. What ever the Otter’s did to fix him amazes me and they deserve a round of applause.

Now on to Rickey Adams, man ohhh man can this guy do ever thing. He can run it between the tackles he can catch it out of the backfield or even from the WR position whether it is the left wide receiver and right wide receiver position it doesn’t matter. He currently had 213 yards receiving and 230 yards rushing. He also has 6 touchdowns with 3 on the ground and 3 through the air.

Next, we have Sunnycursed who currently has 316 yards through the air and 2 touchdowns. However, he does lead the team in drops with 3. He leads all rookies in receiving yards and is 7th in the league in receiving yards.

Now on to Rickey Ramero. When he came to the Otters last season I was told he would not have the Brown effect. But sure, shit he has the brown effect. He has 42 tackles which is second in the league to passes defend and 1 int. So now to get down to the games.

In week one the Otters faced to Colorado Yeti. The Yeti Quarterback Micycle McCormick found Howard Miller for a 9-yard touchdown pass. Then McCormick found John Watcher for a 27-yard pass with just 4 seconds to spare in the 4th quarter. So, now The Yeti came to the Otters Home and put up 2 unanswered touchdowns in the 1st quarter before Tegan Atwell was able to hall in a 52 yards touchdown pass from Showbiz. At well was found once again not even 2 minutes later for a 36-yard pass from showbiz for the score. It is a tied game when Rickey Adams halls in a 23-yard pass from showbiz and the score. 21-14. 3rd quarter 1st and goal after a 23-yard dash by showbiz and showbiz finds Adams again for another touchdown. Is this gonna be orange county’s next iconic duo Showbiz to Adam? Still 3rd quarter and Carlito Crush is able to get a touchdown but the extra point is no good. Come one Anderson this is the 2nd kick you have missed this game first the 52-yard kick to end the 2nd quarter and now this come on man. Now with 1-minute left in the 3rd quarter Peg Leg nails a field goal from 45 yards away. Now it’s the 4th quarter and Sunnycurse is able to hall in the 1-yard lob pass in the back corner of the touchdown from showbiz. Showbiz seems to be giving everyone touchdowns tonight. Then right after the touchdown grab by sunnycursed Howard miller returns the kickoff for 104 yards and a touchdown. Now 2nd and from the one Seer Zephyrous is able to get a 1-yard run and a touchdown. And then in garbage time Adam Anderson is able to hit a 26-yard field. The Offensive Player of the Game was Gus T.T. Showbiz, who was 27 of 36, 378 yards, and had 6 touchdowns. The Defensive player of the Game was Norman Bagwell who had just 3 tackles but 2 sacks. Carlito Crush was the top receiver with 103 yards and a touchdown. Seer Zephyrous was the leading rusher with 85 yards. This was a big game for Mason Brown who was able to record his 2nd forced fumble to move him up to 3rd with 11 forced fumbles in his career.

Now onto game 2 vs. the Philadelphia Liberty. Here we have what were suppose to be to great teams going at it but it turned out to be one great team and one mediocre team. Gus was able to find Crush right away for with a 6-yard pass and the touchdown. Then he found Sunnycursed for a 10-yard pass. Then Falconi found Carter Bush for a 5-yard pass. Then Rickey Adams found a hole in the liberty defensive line a ran the ball in to the touchdown from 4 yards out. Next Adam Anderson, making up for his bug time misses last week hit a 22-yard field goal. Then Marquise Brown was able to find a hole in the otters’ defense and ran the ball in from 1 yard out. Then we had a series of field goal by both team first a 39 yarder from Anderson, then a 36 yarder by Kulture Fulture, then a 40 yarder by Fulture and then with 53 seconds left Rickey Adams was able to seal the game with a 5-yard run. The offensive player of the game was Rickey Adams who had 95 rushing yards on 19 attempts and 7 receptions for 76 yards. The defensive player of the game was liberty Defensive end Jesse Marchand who had 17 tackles which is a single game record for a liberty player. Gus T.T. Showbiz lead the game in passing yards with 326 yards in 51 attempts but he only completed 21 of the passes for 2 touchdowns and 2 picks. Marquise Brown led the game in rushing yards with 119 on 27 attempts and was able to find the end zone once. And Tegan Atwell led the game in receiving yards with 98 on 4 attempts.

Next, we had to travel across the country to Baltimore, a battle at the time was between 2 undefeated teams battling for what could decide who gets home field advantage in the playoffs. At the end of the first quarter no one was able to put up points. Then the first play of the second quarter is a touchdown catch and run of 10 yards by the Machine Ricky Adams. Then with one-minute remaining in the second quarter Ricky Adams is able to punch through the line and get a 7-yard touchdown run. It is starting to look like a blow out at this point when Turk Turkleton is able to nail a 24-yard field goal to put the Hawks on the board. The two teams exchange a couple of 3 and outs before Adam Anderson is able to hit a 46-yard field goal at the start of the 4th. It is now a 2-score game for the Hawks if they want to tie the game up and send it into overtime. And on the pursuing kickoff Antonio Summer takes it to the house for a 105-yard kickoff return. This is the second time it has happened to the otters this season and it is only the 3rd week we need to play better than this. But Mr. Dependable in Turk Turkleton misses his extra point. I am going to let you guys in on a little secret in order for Summer to get to the touchdown in the time he did he would have needed to hit speed of 30.68 MPH! This guy is a speed demon no wonder why he was able to take it to the house once he got past the defenders no one was going to catch him. Well anyway Turkleton missed the extra point then after a series of punts and with 6 minutes and change left in the 4th quarter Childish Gambino finds Verso L’Alto for the 20-yard touchdown pass. They are forced with a decision of the game do they trust Turk enough to send him on and kick the extra point and hope the have enough time to get the ball back and march down the field. No, they send out Gambino to attempt the 2-point conversion to tie the game and they failed. They failed the 2 Point conversion. They kick the ball off the otters and the otters are forced to punt with 3 minutes left in the game. The Hawks have 3 minutes and 8 seconds left and get the ball at their own 2-yard line. They end up only getting to their own 39-yard line and the clock hits 0:00. The offensive player of the game was Showbiz who was 26 of 47 had 322 yards and a touchdown. The defensive player of the game was the hawk’s rookie linebacker who had 7 tackles and a pair of sacks. Gus was the passing leader of the game with 322 yards. That speed demon Antonio Summer lead the game in rushing with 18 rushes for 92 yards. Sunnycursed led the game in receiving yards with 5 catches for 104 yards.

On to the San Jose Saber Cats Game. If there is one team that surprised me the most this season it is San Jose. They currently are 4-0, there defense is the best in the league, giving up only 14.3 points per game. Last season they were giving up a little over double that with 29.4. So, their defense has improved well with the trade for Chad and Thad Pennington. Along with adding Bayley Benson to the Cornerback room for this season it will be interesting to see when they get their first lost of the season. I honestly don’t see them losing until Week 6 or Week 11. But then again, they might do something to upset the sim gods and give the Yeti their first win. Okay back to the game, it was a quiet first quarter with no one putting any points on the score board Then out of nowhere Joliet Christ throws a pick six the 3rd year safety Danny Grithead. It wasn’t until after the two-minute warning Rookie Kicker Neo Donaldson was able to hit a 47-yard field goal. After the half it was quiet again then the SaberCats started to drive the ball down the field and it was capped off by a 3-yard dash and score for Jerrod Canton. Then after and otter’s punt Neo hits another field goal, this time from 38 yards out. Once again, the Otters’ punt and the SaberCats drive gets capped off with another touchdown this time it was Joliet Christ finding rookie wide receiver Ty Justice with a 3-yard lob. And then out of nowhere with 5 and a half minutes left Showbiz finds Seer Zephyrous with a 2-yard touchdown pass. Giving all Otter’s fans hope once again the Otters’ kickoff the ball and the Otter’s defense stops them with a little under 4 minutes left but it is not enough time for the Otters’ to get a touchdown. Final 14 to 20. The offensive player of the game was Jerrod Canton with 103 yards on 25 rushes and a touchdown. Gus T.T. Showbiz led the game in passing yards with 271 and a touchdown. Canton led the game with rushing yards with 103 yards on 2 rushes with a touchdown. And Sunnycursed, once again, led the game in receiving yards with 109 in 5 catches. barely beating Kazimir Oles who had 101 yards in 6 catches. It is unreal who much these two teams have improved this season and I think you can already plan on seeing them in the ASFC Championship, I don’t know who will be in what seed but whom ever has the homefield advantage plan to see them in the Ultimus.

The NSFC is going to be a harder one to predict but I think you can count out the Yeti, but don’t go sleeping on Applehort and the Yellowknife Wraiths. The Liberty do appear to be getting into the groove of winning but those wins that the got were against 2 mediocre teams. I will say it again and again I don’t not trust the process. By now they should have a ring. It seems like Oles took the GMing Manual with him on his way out of there and forgot to return it because Liberty is the biggest dumpster fire right now. Now don’t get me started on the Yeti, they haven’t even had a season with 10 or more wins and this season does not look like they will either because they would need to do something 10 times and they haven’t even done it once this season. It is time to rebuild Yeti, quit trying to reboot. I just hope you guys do it in better fashion than Season 6 and Season 7 because it is painful to watch those games. Oh, and did you guys hear, oh wait of course you did everyone has Arizona’s Quarterback is calling out the simmer and Head Office for rigging the games. That’s is absolutely bull crap if you ask me. I have seen time and time again where my test sims fail me where I have had an 80%-win percentage and lose or have a 40%-win percentage and win. It is the sim get used to it you can’t go into every game and expecting to win them, you have to go in excepting to lose them. I learned that while I was in the DSFL and I haven’t forgot it. But I am just a DSFL GM so what do I know. I am out of here guys catch you next week on the next edition of Toasty’s Week in a Nutshell Podcast.

*Toasty's Week in a Nutshell Podcast - YoungTB - 12-25-2018

Quote:The NSFC is going to be a harder one to predict but I think you can count out the Yeti, but don’t go sleeping on Applehort and the Yellowknife Wraiths. The Liberty do appear to be getting into the groove of winning but those wins that the got were against 2 mediocre teams. I will say it again and again I don’t not trust the process. By now they should have a ring. It seems like Oles took the GMing Manual with him on his way out of there and forgot to return it because Liberty is the biggest dumpster fire right now.

[Image: jC0xuVN.png]

*Toasty's Week in a Nutshell Podcast - Raven - 12-25-2018

(12-25-2018, 07:45 PM)YoungTB Wrote:[Image: jC0xuVN.png]

[Image: Ow0NTr5.png]

*Toasty's Week in a Nutshell Podcast - YoungTB - 12-25-2018

(12-25-2018, 01:54 PM)Raven Wrote:[Image: Ow0NTr5.png]
I love shoving the process down your throaths

*Toasty's Week in a Nutshell Podcast - Toasty - 12-25-2018

(12-25-2018, 01:08 PM)YoungTB Wrote:I love shoving the process down your throaths
I believe that says our throats not your throats