International Simulation Football League
*Breaking News out of Los Angeles - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Breaking News out of Los Angeles (/showthread.php?tid=11484)

*Breaking News out of Los Angeles - nunccoepi - 01-02-2019

Epictitus Milburn and Icy Douglas walk to the front of the small press room of the Tijuana Luchadores training facility in Los Angeles. As they ducked beneath the lights and the boom mics already set up, they knew there would be no going back.

By now, it has already been leaked that Epictitus Milburn and Icy Douglas have each completed the paperwork necessary to declare for the Pro Baseball Experience S9 draft. This news of course comes as a surprise given the advanced age of the duo--very rarely do draftees over the age of 35 find major league success, with Epictitus being 35 and Icy being 33. A Naval officer turned player agent turned General Manager of the Tijuana Luchadores, Milburn, for his part, has never pursued a professional career as an athlete in any sport. He does, however have some familiarity with the sport. Milburn's father worked for most of Milburn's childhood as a pitching coach for a minor league MLB team. On the other hand, Douglas played baseball, along with football, in college at University of Colorado. However, he never pursued either sport professionally, focusing on his predictive analytics skills. Douglas worked as a private trainer and agent before joining Epictitus as Co-General Manager of the Luchadores.

[Image: wgMzH3W.jpg]

As he looks into a small crowd of journalists and media personale, Milburn begins, "First of all, I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and thank you all for being here. Reflecting on these last 5 years with the Luchadores organization, I could not be more proud of what we have accomplished together. When I first arrived here back in S6, I'll admit that I saw an organization in shambles, largely the result of poor and inconsistent leadership, and I had no idea what to expect. At times I doubted whether I had made the right decision at all. But under the leadership of Payton and due to an incredible S7 draft class consisting of the Pennington brothers and Ben Horne, it soon became evident that un dia nuevo had dawned south of the border. The Luchadores won the SFC Championship that season and every season since. Along the way we won 3 consecutive DSFL Championships on the backs of DSFL legends like Adriana Falconi, Thad Pennington, Xavier Flash, Ricky Adams, [DSFL Legend] Kyle Corbett, and many more. I'm happy to report that despite our loss in the Ultimini last season, the team is looking better than ever and is already making noise this season as they hold the best record in the league so far--in some circles we are already being talked about as favorites to win it all again. And so, as all good things come to an end, there may be no better way to leave than to go out on top. This is my goal as I officially report that this season will be Icy and my last as General Managers of the Tijuana Luchadores. I'd like to give three final thank yous. One to Verso L'Alto, one of the only clients that I have retained from my days as a agent, for pushing me to apply for this position and providing such a kind recommendation; to Icy Douglas for his support and level thinking in and out of the war room--our adventures are far from over; and finally to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with more success and happiness than I'll ever deserve.”

Cameras flash and reports clammer to ask questions as Milburn backs away silently from the podium.

[Image: UkMqhBY.jpg?1]

Douglas steps up to the mic to say a few words: “Thanks everyone for being here. Epictitus really summed up well our time here in Tijuana. I’d like to think we changed the culture here in Tijuana to a winning culture. Players who are drafted to this organization expect to win, and even get a ring in their time here, ultimately boosting their draft stock for the NSFL. I think both Payton’s leadership in the S7 draft and Epictitus leadership throughout have stabilized this culture change. And the novel strategic approach to game planning I introduced in S8 has helped us win ball games. This combination of constantly having great scouting, even players willing to hold out to play for Tijuana, and spending hours game planning each and every week has been magical. So, I want to thank the fans for trusting our process and Epictitus for giving me the opportunity to be apart of such a strong front office duo. As a duo we have truly been blessed. As the stats guy, let me give you some stats of our career together so far: Regular Season: 33-23, Post Season: 7-1, 3 Ultmini Championships, 4 DSFL SFC Championships, and 3 GM of the Year Awards. And hopefully these stats only get better after this S12 season.”

Epictitus quickly steps up to the mic for one last word: “Now lets go win a Championship!”

TIJ TIJ TIJ TIJ

Code:
please split pay 50/50 between nunccoepi and @[iseedoug]

*Breaking News out of Los Angeles - iamslm22 - 01-02-2019

Truly a legendary GM duo. Congrats to you both.

*Breaking News out of Los Angeles - iseedoug - 01-02-2019

TIJ

*Breaking News out of Los Angeles - manicmav36 - 01-02-2019

Fantastic work doing one of the (if not the most) important jobs here, developing young talent. Sad to see you guys go but, the league is a better place thanks to your hard work.

*Breaking News out of Los Angeles - Daybe - 01-03-2019

grats on a great career and a fun rivalry together.

POR TIJ TIJ POR

*Breaking News out of Los Angeles - Trautner - 01-03-2019

Pumped to see the dynamic duo join PBE! Congratulations on a fantastic stint in Tijuana.