International Simulation Football League
*A look at the top 6 tailbacks through week 8 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *A look at the top 6 tailbacks through week 8 (/showthread.php?tid=11490)

Pages: 1 2

*A look at the top 6 tailbacks through week 8 - TheDangaZone - 01-03-2019

Since I have not done any media on the site since my draft season and I am really hurting for money to train at the moment I thought it would be a good idea to look at the top 6 backs in the NSFL right now. Why 6 and not 5 or 10? All will be revealed by the end. All stats are taken through week 8 and will include both rushing totals and receiving totals for a nice yards from scrimmage total. I did not include any return yardage because it's not even footing for everyone to be on the return team for their respective teams as mostly wide receivers dominate in that department.

Disclaimer: I do not keep up with league happenings much so my takes on everyone will be kind of just from what I see through stats. I usually only keep up with the Otters and my player alone. I will probably mess something up or say something wrong.

The running backs will be listed from 1 to 6 based on their rushing totals but at the end I will include a listing based on total yardage and touch downs which changes the total yards backs listing order. I was just too lazy to do write ups for everyone and figured top 6 in rushing would be enough for the purpose.

1. Marquise Brown - The most dominant back in rushing is no surprise. He has been an absolute stud for the Liberty and looks to continue that dominance for quite some time. My fellow season 9 running back has run away from me in TPE and has proven to be an amazing pick in the draft.

Through 8 games Brown has racked up 966 yards on the ground which is just eye popping. There is not a better work horse back in the league as Brown also has roughly 50 more rushing attempts then the next closest back, Canton.

Brown has not been as much of a threat through the air but has a respectable 107 yards receiving which is not bad at all for someone who runs the ball as much as he does.

Rushing stats: 966 yards. 8 touchdowns.
Receiving stats: 107 yards. 2 touchdowns.
Total: 1073 yards and 10 touchdowns.

2. Jerrod Canton - Canton comes in as a season 11 back who has put up amazing numbers on the ground for a player as young as his. While he has rushed roughly 50 less times than Brown he has also put up only 76 less yards then Brown as well. Canton should be a stud for a long time to come for the SaberCats and if he keeps up seasons like this he should be a perennial MVP candidate.

Through the first 8 games Canton has put up 890 yards on the ground. Having over 100 yards a game is no easy feat but he has made it look like such. Adding to that 890 yards is his 6 touchdowns, showing he is not afraid to get in the end zone either.

Canton unfortunately has been a nonissue through the air. Only having 4 receptions for 13 yards he is just not a threat at the moment for the SaberCats passing offense. But things can change as he's still incredibly young.

Rushing stats: 890 yards. 6 touchdowns
Receiving stats: 13 yards. 0 touchdowns
Total: 903 yards and 6 touchdowns.

3. Dick Wizardry - Wizardry is a season 12 running back making his NSFL debut this season for the Wraiths and boy has he made his presence known immediately. As a rookie Wizardry has been an absolute stud for the Wraiths on the ground and at this rate will just take it up a notch every season.

Through the first 8 games Wizardry has 637 yards on the ground. While not quite 100 yards per game on the ground it's still an amazingly high number for a rookie running back in the league. He has also been able to find the end zone 5 times for the wraiths which is definitely respectable for any running back in the league. For a rookie to be top 3 in rushing yardage is an amazing feat.

Wizardry has also been a decent threat for the Wraiths through the air this season as well. Having 191 yards receiving and being so close to breaking that 200 yard mark is another great feat for the rookie sensation. Unfortunately though he has not been able to find the end zone through the air yet but I am quite sure that will change.

Rushing stats: 637 yards. 5 touchdowns.
Receiving stats: 191 yards. 0 touchdowns.
Totals: 828 yards and 5 touchdowns.

4. Antonio Summer - The season 11 running back for the Hawks is a speedy threat for the Hawks on any play. It shows in the amount of touchdowns Summer has been able to rack up for Baltimore through the season so far both on the ground and in the air. The elusive back will look to add many more this season as he continues to further his young career.

Through the 8 games Summer has put up 619 yards on the ground and an eye popping 8 touchdowns to go with it. The 8 touchdowns is an amazing stat with such smaller total yardage than the top 2 backs on the rushing list.

The passing attack has also been fairly kind to Summer as he has 119 yards receiving so far. He also has added 2 touchdowns through the air to help his total out as well, proving he can play anywhere.

Rushing stats:619 yards. 8 touchdowns
Receiving stats: 119 yards. 2 touchdowns.
Totals: 738 yards and 10 touchdowns.

5. Slim Shady - The season 11 rap god and running back has had a fairly good rookie season so far for the Outlaws. While not putting up a ton of scores so far the rookie has been able to put up respectable numbers in his debut campaign. I expect Shady will continue to grow and develop for the Outlaws and will be a great back for them as he continues to grow on this solid season so far.

Rushing the ball has been kind to Shady who has put up 583 yards on the ground. Having a top 5 season on the ground is no easy feat for any back in the league much less a rookie coming in fresh. At this rate and with a little luck Shady might be able to pull of a 1000 yard rookie season which would be an impressive feat for the young back.

Through the air Shady has added only 89 yards so far. I expect that to go up as he continues to grow and develop every asset of his game through his career. At least he is some what of a help in the passing game though.

Rushing stats: 583 yards. 2 touchdowns.
Receiving stats: 89 yards. 0 touchdowns.
Totals: 672 yards and 2 touchdowns.

6. Ricky Adams - Last but not least is me. The entire reason of doing this article was to give myself exposure as a legit back in the league even though I don't have the rushing totals of some of the higher up backs. While I'm not the best earner in the league I still put up amazing total numbers for the Otters as we grown back into another powerhouse in the league.

Through 8 games I have 540 yards on the ground. While it is lower than the rest of the list (obviously as we are ranked by rushing yards) it is again a respectable amount. I have put up this 540 yards in only 101 rushing attempts which is more than double less the top back in Brown. But I have the highest yards per carry of all backs on this list so far. I have also put up 7 touchdowns on the ground showing my ability to get into the end zone is up there with the best in the league.

The receiving game is where I really shine. Having an amazing 534 receiving yards so far and 5 touchdowns through the air I have proven my value as an all purpose back who can burn teams from anywhere on the field. That 534 yards is good for 10th overall in the league in receiving yards. It is also almost roughly 170 yards more than the next closest running back in receiving yards (Asipi III).

Rushing stats: 540 yards. 7 touchdowns.
Receiving stats: 534 yards. 5 touchdowns.
Totals: 1074 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Top 6 running backs by rushing yards:
1. Brown - 966
2. Canton - 890
3. Wizardry - 637
4. Summer - 619
5. Shady - 583
6. Adams - 540

Top 6 running backs by receiving yards:
1. Adams - 534
2. Asipi III - 369
3. Grau - 359
4. Gore - 255
5. Zephyrous - 226
6. Wizardry - 191

Top 6 running backs by total yards from scrimmage:
1. Adams - 1074
2. Brown - 1073
3. Canton - 903
4. Wizardry - 828
5. Asipi III - 821
6. Summer - 738

Top 6 running backs by total touchdowns:
1. Adams - 12
2 (t). Brown - 10
2 (t). Summer - 10
4 (t). Canton - 6
4 (t). Gore - 6
4 (t). Taylor - 6

*A look at the top 6 tailbacks through week 8 - Beaver - 01-03-2019

Adams for RBotY

*A look at the top 6 tailbacks through week 8 - manicmav36 - 01-03-2019

Canton has been an absolute stud on the ground, averaging .7 more YPC than Brown. In terms of best "pure RB" I have to give the nod to Canton.

As far as best all around RB though, that has to be Adams. My only knock on him is that he has received the FB designation, meaning he lines up at the WR position (not just slot) from time to time. Therefore, his receiving stats are just a tad overinflated.

*A look at the top 6 tailbacks through week 8 - iamslm22 - 01-03-2019

Good read! I think it is tough between Canton, Adams and Brown. Will be fun to see how it shakes out.

*A look at the top 6 tailbacks through week 8 - J.G.10 - 01-03-2019

Great article. Ur guys looks like the best on the list. You should include me and Asipi as one RB next time.

*A look at the top 6 tailbacks through week 8 - speculadora - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 05:46 PM)manicmav36 Wrote:Canton has been an absolute stud on the ground, averaging .7 more YPC than Brown. In terms of best "pure RB" I have to give the nod to Canton.

As far as best all around RB though, that has to be Adams. My only knock on him is that he has received the FB designation, meaning he lines up at the WR position (not just slot) from time to time. Therefore, his receiving stats are just a tad overinflated.

he does play some outside WR but in the past few seasons we've actually seen the high end RBs finish with more yards than the high end RBs so I'm not as sure it's such a knock. If I were to knock him for anything in the receiving game it'd be a relatively low yards per reception.

*A look at the top 6 tailbacks through week 8 - BWIII - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 03:50 PM)speculadora Wrote:but in the past few seasons we've actually seen the high end RBs finish with more yards than the high end RBs

O.o

*A look at the top 6 tailbacks through week 8 - speculadora - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 07:59 PM)BWIII Wrote:O.o

I said what I said

*A look at the top 6 tailbacks through week 8 - YoungTB - 01-03-2019

Brown is either #1 or #2 for every stat that matters for a RB that doesn't line up as a WR

*A look at the top 6 tailbacks through week 8 - manicmav36 - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 08:55 PM)YoungTB Wrote:Brown is either #1 or #2 for every stat that matters for a RB that doesn't line up as a WR

Except yards per carry. He's behind 5 other RBs with 100+ carries, 2 by an entire yard per carry.

Regardless, I still think he's in the conversation for RB of the year and I expect it'll be a tight race when it's all said and done.