International Simulation Football League
Seeking Applicants to Take Over Draft/Award Duties - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Job Applications (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=226)
+---- Forum: Filled Jobs (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=522)
+---- Thread: Seeking Applicants to Take Over Draft/Award Duties (/showthread.php?tid=11550)

Pages: 1 2

Seeking Applicants to Take Over Draft/Award Duties - infinitempg - 01-11-2019

Due to increasing workload and other personal issues IRL, the upcoming NSFL and DSFL drafts will be my last. Therefore I'm looking to hire people (hopefully a team of them) to take over the responsibilities I've been doing over the last 3 seasons.

This is NOT an easy job, so if you are planning on applying I hope that you recognize that.

Responsibilities:
- Tracking every draft pick and trade ^
- Generating Draft Cards for every player drafted in both drafts *^
- Generating Draft Boards/PPT for both drafts, and ensuring it actually works *"
- Generating Awards Show signatures for all winners *
- Generating Awards Show PPT *"
- Moderating the Twitter stream during NSFL Draft
- Coordinating with broadcasting team in terms of guests/timing/ensuring they have the files in time
- Working with Dear Leader @ADwyer87 to add NSFL Commissioner announcements in Draft "
* = Need knowledge of Photoshop/other GFX program
^ = Requires Excel
" = Requires Powerpoint

EDIT: As mentioned by Dwyer below, there ARE templates for just about all of these things - you're not going in blind! I promise!

In the interest of keeping these presentations as high quality as possible, I am going to require that any applicant seeking to take over the Draft Cards/Sigs portion of the position have knowledge of Photoshop/GIMP/any other graphics program (so basically not MS Paint/Word lol). I may also ask for examples of uniform color/logo swaps as the draft cards require a LOT of these done in a small amount of time. I am willing to help teach Data Sets as well.

I will still be involved at a very minimal level so don't feel like you're being thrown in without a life jacket!

Hope to see people apply! DM me here or on Discord.

You'll also get paid a lot of money probably

Seeking Applicants to Take Over Draft/Award Duties - SwagSloth - 01-11-2019

I don't have anywhere near the talent to contribute to this, but I really hope that people that do will apply. I have to imagine that it's a lot of work for one person.

It gets said every draft (or at least it should) but big props to you for all that you've done to make the draft presentations so awesome.

Seeking Applicants to Take Over Draft/Award Duties - infinitempg - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 10:24 PM)SwagSloth Wrote:I don't have anywhere near the talent to contribute to this, but I really hope that people that do will apply.

I'm really hoping someone takes up the mantle because I will be stepping down no matter what. It really is fun and you get to really flex some Photoshop muscle!

And even if you don't feel good about graphics, there's lots of non-GFX things that need to get done as well!

(01-11-2019, 10:24 PM)SwagSloth Wrote:It gets said every draft (or at least it should) but big props to you for all that you've done to make the draft presentations so awesome.

Thanks! I get a lot of thanks during draft season but I'd like to thank @ADwyer87 for being so supportive while I did this. Couldn't have done any of these drafts without him!

Seeking Applicants to Take Over Draft/Award Duties - dropbear - 01-11-2019

If @infinitempg doesn't win Most Dedicated at some point for his efforts with the draft presentations, I will be very disappoint

Seeking Applicants to Take Over Draft/Award Duties - sapp2013 - 01-12-2019

(01-11-2019, 10:52 PM)infinitempg Wrote:In the interest of keeping these presentations as high quality as possible, I am going to require that any applicant seeking to take over the Draft Cards/Sigs portion of the position have knowledge of Photoshop/GIMP/any other graphics program (so basically not MS Paint/Word lol).

Hey! I make good MS Word Sigs! Although, I have learned a lot from PS so far.

Good Luck with IRL stuff!

For anyone looking at doing this, you get paid quite hansomely. If you need verification of that, look at infinite and my bank accounts (I handed it off to pidgey). CARRY ON THE TRADITION!

Seeking Applicants to Take Over Draft/Award Duties - ADwyer87 - 01-12-2019

(01-11-2019, 11:21 PM)dropbear Wrote:If @infinitempg doesn't win Most Dedicated at some point for his efforts with the draft presentations, I will be very disappoint
ive been voting him ever since i found out how much fucking work it was haha

Seeking Applicants to Take Over Draft/Award Duties - ADwyer87 - 01-12-2019

This is a little bit of a scary application, so let me hopefully help you guys out a little.

I do believe we have a solid template for the drafts and awards shows. This doesnt mean that you wont have to work hard, but it does mean that you dont have to start from scratch every single year, which is nice.

Also, Tracking every pick, award, and trade isnt too terribly hard. You will of course have to make sure to keep everything straight, but I will post the picks and the trades in order in the events committee discord, and i will tally up the awards for you.

Another thing to help is that I can put together the awards show powerpoints if needed. Of course, I would prefer not to Tongue but i have put together the awards show powerpoints in the past and I could do it again if that is needed

lastly, yes you do get paid a boat load of money! After this year, I will have given infinitempg over 100M from doing this over 4 years, more than you can get from any other job. So it is a lot of work, but no doubt you will be compensated handsomely for it

Seeking Applicants to Take Over Draft/Award Duties - infinitempg - 01-12-2019

(01-12-2019, 12:14 AM)sapp2013 Wrote:Hey! I make good MS Word Sigs! Although, I have learned a lot from PS so far.

Good Luck with IRL stuff!

For anyone looking at doing this, you get paid quite hansomely. If you need verification of that, look at infinite and my bank accounts (I handed it off to pidgey). CARRY ON THE TRADITION!

i'm still impressed that you made a lot of stuff in Word, I could never get it to do photo stuff quite right lol.

Also PSA sapp is the one who got sick of livestreamed excel sheets and set up the bedrock that i take all the credit for now

Seeking Applicants to Take Over Draft/Award Duties - infinitempg - 01-22-2019

bump

Seeking Applicants to Take Over Draft/Award Duties - ADwyer87 - 02-06-2019

Still looking for someone to take this over.

In case you're wondering the pay, infinite just got 30M and a most dedicated member award, so yknow, big deal people!