International Simulation Football League
Preseason Tight End Rankings (Weekend PT) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Preseason Tight End Rankings (Weekend PT) (/showthread.php?tid=1179)

Pages: 1 2

Preseason Tight End Rankings (Weekend PT) - Blake Bortles - 06-11-2017

The preseason is a small sample size. However, this sample is a good indicator of how a player will be used by their team, and how the player will produce within that system. In the 4 games of the preseason, plenty of Tight Ends had their mettle tested. Here is a tier-based ranking of NSFL Tight Ends, using only quality of play and no other statistics.

Tier 1: Potential Superstars
#1 Break Bottles, San Jose SaberCats
[Image: hqnKWfOCX.png]

This might seem biased, but the stats don't lie. Bottles was #2 in receptions and yards amongst tight ends, and #1 in Touchdowns, yards per catch, and pancake blocks. Both of Bottles' touchdowns came in week 3 of the preseason, where he put up two touchdowns to take the lead after previously being behind by 10 points. Bottles uses his size and athleticism to create a mismatch every play, and creates pancake blocks with his blocking ability frequently. He is well rounded enough to be #1 on this list.

#2 Ricky "Mad" Maddox, Yellowknife Wraiths
[Image: hqRwWT345.png]

Ricky Maddox was a close second on this list. He had more yards and receptions than Break Bottles, and he created the 4th most pancake blocks amongst tight ends. Maddox caught a touchdown in week 3, and played a large role in his team's impressive 3-1 record. His versatility makes him a 3 down player, and he is tough to cover. His confidence is one great attribute, as he undoubtedly sees himself as the #1 tight end, and will likely dispute this article.

Tier 2: Impact Players
#3 Mark Hargrove, Colorado Yeti
[Image: hrgOqaj2t.png]
Mark Hargrove is kind of a surprise, as he was slept on by basically all NSFL GMs. He slipped down to 106th pick, where he was drafted by the Yeti. Despite his low draft standings, Mark Hargrove had an immediate impact on his team in the receiving game. He was 3rd amongst tight ends in yards and receptions, and snatched himself a touchdown in week 2. Hargrove did not have a large impact in terms of blocking, as he didn't have a single pancake block.

#4 Gabriel Tenzini, Baltimore Hawks
[Image: hruxcTqP3.png]
Tenzini was highly touted coming out of college, and was drafted 8th overall by the Hawks. That was 42 spots higher than the next tight end to be drafted. Tenzini's reliability as a receiver was his most remarkable trait, and for the most part he delivered on that. Tenzini was 4th in both yardage and receptions, and was tied for fifth in the league for pancake blocks. He solidified himself as a reliable target in the middle of the field. Whether he lives up to his 8th overall selection is still to be seen.

#5 George Wright Jr., Orange County Otters
[Image: hrFi4nzkT.png]
George Wright Jr. is another player who was slept on in the NSFL draft. People were quick to label him a blocking tight end or fullback, but he was 5th amongst tight ends in receptions and yards. His blocking was even more impressive than his receiving though, as he did not allow a single sack and was second amongst tight ends in pancake blocks. While nothing is set in stone, it appears Orange County has found themselves a rock alongside the O-Line

Tier 3: Solid Role Players
#6 Rolf Larsendorf, Yellowknife Wraiths
[Image: hs3CJPdWA.png]
Rolf Larsendorf was a solid blocking tight end for the Yellowknife wraiths, and complimented up-and-coming star Ricky Maddox. Larsendorf was third in the league in pancake blocks, and caught a touchdown in week 4 to round out an impressive preseason for a backup tight end.

#7 Wren Piper, Baltimore Hawks
[Image: hs9QASHLY.png]
Wren Piper is not as small as his name would suggest. He used is 6'5" frame to soar into the endzone for a 10 yard touchdown in week 1, and followed up with a few more receptions. Piper was one of the two tight ends in the NSFL to give up a sack however, which is not a good look.

Thank you for reading my list, I hope you enjoyed!
The people I listed: @SimmerDownBruhh, @Viktor1980, @princekyle, @Player1,@HazardouSpork, @Bingbongday

727 Words

Preseason Tight End Rankings (Weekend PT) - Admin - 06-11-2017

I love these kind of articles. Well done man

Preseason Tight End Rankings (Weekend PT) - Player1 - 06-11-2017

Wow, I had no idea you beat me in pancakes that's very impressive. I hope to move up into that Tier 1 category but you can't do it unless you can be a real receiving target. Right now I'm just a checkdown.

Preseason Tight End Rankings (Weekend PT) - Blake Bortles - 06-11-2017

(06-11-2017, 08:39 PM)Player1 Wrote:Wow, I had no idea you beat me in pancakes that's very impressive. I hope to move up into that Tier 1 category but you can't do it unless you can be a real receiving target. Right now I'm just a checkdown.

Yeah, not sure why that happened, to be honest. Both of your blocking stats are significantly higher than mine. The only thing I can think of is that I must have got more playing time.

Preseason Tight End Rankings (Weekend PT) - SimmerDownBruhh - 06-11-2017

Haha No disputing. This time. Lol

I said that you was in my top three TEs article before the draft and I knew there would be competition. We've all did well so far in the preseason and I see us all continuing our success in the future.

Great article, my TE Brotha!

P.S. My mom says that I'm the #1 Tight End. ????

Preseason Tight End Rankings (Weekend PT) - Sweetwater - 06-11-2017

(06-11-2017, 08:51 PM)Blake Bortles Wrote:Yeah, not sure why that happened, to be honest. Both of your blocking stats are significantly higher than mine. The only thing I can think of is that I must have got more playing time.

You could have also faced some weaker DLine opposition? :shrug:

Preseason Tight End Rankings (Weekend PT) - Player1 - 06-11-2017

(06-11-2017, 08:51 PM)Blake Bortles Wrote:Yeah, not sure why that happened, to be honest. Both of your blocking stats are significantly higher than mine. The only thing I can think of is that I must have got more playing time.

Could be something to do with height as well. I'm not sure what impact it has on blocks but we are on opposite extremes of size for the position. I would still rank myself above Tenzini and Hargrove, I think the difference in receiving is negligible but the difference in run blocking is significant. We'll have the regular season to iron that out!

Preseason Tight End Rankings (Weekend PT) - RavensFanFromOntario - 06-11-2017

Maddox is easily the best TE in the league.

Preseason Tight End Rankings (Weekend PT) - RainDelay - 06-11-2017

(06-11-2017, 08:58 PM)Sweetwater Wrote:DLine

Too soon.

On the real though, great article! Keep doing you Break and you'll be a top TE for a long while

Preseason Tight End Rankings (Weekend PT) - NUCK - 06-11-2017

YKW topping the charts yet again!