International Simulation Football League
*Mic'd Up: Marquise Brown - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Mic'd Up: Marquise Brown (/showthread.php?tid=11832)

*Mic'd Up: Marquise Brown - YoungTB - 02-05-2019

Hello friends, Rick Nantz here, thank you for tuning into NSFL Football. Tonight we have a big matchup, between the Baltimore Hawks, and the Philadelphia Liberty!

If there’s one thing Philadelphia runningback Marquise Brown likes to do, it’s talk.

“Hey, let’s go to work. Let’s do work. You ready?” – Pregame to WR Carter Bush on the sideline, while highfiving him.

“Falc, it’s game time. Let’s go to work. New season, let’s do this thang.” – Pregame to QB Adriana Falconi on the sideline, while doing a handshake.

“Aye! JVM! Just another day on the job young blood. Do work boy.” – Pregame to WR Jordan Von Matt during practice time.

“What’s goin’ on bruh. How you been? Let’s have a good game today man.” – Shaking hands with Baltimore RB Antonio Summer.

“You ready dawg? Let’s eat. Let’s eat. I’m hungry.” – To new teammate RB LaMarcus Strike before the game.

Marquise Brown has a reputation in the NSFL. Whether or not it’s a good one is up to you. The three-time leading rusher has built a name for himself and his team, the Philadelphia Liberty, in a very short time span. And after winning his first RBotY award last season, he continues to build his resume as the best runningback in the league. He’s a character for sure, but he’s a fun one to watch.

“Aye! You remember last year y’all! Let’s get some revenge on these fools!” – To the bench before the game.

“Wassup Baltimore! I’m back! Did y’all miss me? I missed you too!” – Brown yells to the fans as they boo him coming out of the visiting tunnel.

The Baltimore Hawks have won the toss, and they elect to defer, meaning Adriana Falconi and the Philly offense will come out first.

FIRST QUARTER

2nd down and 6 at Baltimores 17. Falconi will fake it to Brown and look to throw. Under pressure… throws to Brown on the checkdown, incomplete, the ball goes through his hands!

“Damn! I shoulda had that one! That’s on me Falc!” – Brown after the drop.

3rd down… Falconi takes the snap. Brown runs a route out of the backfield, downfield she’ll throw to Brown… incomplete!

“Again! Granite hands… f***!” Brown yells as he runs to the sideline. “I gotta work on that A. That’s my bad.”

The kick is up, and it’s good by Kulture Fulture, putting Philly on the board 3-0.

“Good kick Kult! Let’s get a touchdown next.”

2nd and 10 on Philly’s 24… Gambino, looking for a target… under pressure… he’ll go down! SACKED by Lennox Garnett!

“WOOOOO!!!! THERE GO OL’ LENNY BOY!!!!!”

1st and 10 from Baltimore’s 32… Gambino takes the snap, fakes it to Summer, and is BROUGHT DOWN by Brock Weathers!

“BROCK LOBSTAH. LET’S GOOO!!!!!!! CAN’T STOP HIM!”

SECOND QUARTER

10:59 in the second. Gambino under center at Philly’s 9 yard line. Takes the snap, throws to Yulic Nagasawa! Touchdown Hawks! 10 - 3 is the score.

“It’s all good. Lots of game ahead baby, let’s go get our own.”

6:40 in the second. 2nd and 6 at Baltimore’s 24 yard line. Gambino drops back. Looking for a man. He’ll throw, and it’s TIPPED, and PICKED OFF! K.J. BECKER! And he’ll go for 3 yards!

“KJ!!!! MY DAWG!!!!! LET’S GO BABY!!!!! Let’s go get a TD!”

3rd and goal, Falconi drops back, and is SACKED by Darren Morris!

“Damn… It’s all good. Let’s get that field goal.”

And the kick by Fulture is good, making it 10 – 6 Baltimore.

“Let’s keep it going y’all! We got this!”

2nd and 10 on Philly’s 35… Gambino looks to throw… under pressure, lobs it to Nagasawa and… IT’S PICKED OFF BY DWYER! DWYER WILL GET A BLOCK! AND HE’LL TAKE IT UP TO PHILLY’S 44!

“ANOTHER ONE!!!! THERE WE GO!!!!”

Immediately after the pick… Falconi fakes to Strike, looking down field, she’ll toss it to VON MATT!!!! WIDE OPEN!!! PAST THE 20, 10, 5, TOUCHDOWN LIBERTY!

“THERE WE GO VON!!!!! THAT’S HOW YOU DO IT!!!!!” yells Brown as he headbutts Von Matt with his helmet.

And we go into the half at 13-10 Liberty.

THIRD QUARTER

The kick is up by Frost, and he’ll make it 13-23 Baltimore with 4:17 left in the third.

“Hey, keep your head up! Keep your head up y’all! Lots of game left!”

Handoff to Strike, and he… LOSES THE FOOTBALL! Picked up by Charlie Trout! And the Hawks will take over at Baltimore’s 27!

“Strike, you’re good baby. Like I said, keep your head up. We still got this.” Brown says as he slaps Strike’s butt.

FOURTH QUARTER

3rd and 1 at Baltimore’s 12… 9:27 left… Falconi will hand off to Brown, he bursts through the hole! And he’ll take it all the way for a touchdown! 20 - 23 Baltimore as Philly continues to fight for the lead.

“FIRST OF THE YEAR BABY! WOO! THERE WE GO! LET’S KEEP THE INTENSITY UP!”
“Hey, we can win this. Don’t give up. Keep your foot on the pedal! Let’s go!” Brown yells to the bench as he claps.

5:53 left in the ballgame as Baltimore is held at Philly’s 20, Frost will come out to kick. The kick… is good! Making it 26 – 20 Baltimore!

“Good stop D! Let’s capitalize offense! Victory is in sight, keep the foot on the gas!”

Falconi will come out to lead her team on a potential game winning drive, let’s see what she can do here.

30 seconds remaining on Philly’s 44… 3rd and 8… Falconi steps back to throw, she’ll find Bush on the slant for 7 as the Liberty take a timeout to think about what they’ll do on 4th and 1. The crowd is roaring here in Baltimore, as the game comes down to this snap.

“BLUE 48, BLUE 48! HEY, PRIMETIME! PRIMETIME!” Falconi yells out to Brown. He nods.
“ALPHA GO!”

4th and 1… Falconi snaps the ball…steps back as Brown runs a wheel route… Falconi… looking to throw, pressure getting to her, she’ll air it out to BROWN, WIDE OPEN!!!! BROWN GETS DOWN TO THE 30! THE 20! STIFF ARMS HONDO AT THE 10!!!!!! HE’S GONNA GO ALL THE WAY!!!!!! TOUCHDOWN LIBERTY!!!!!!! WHAT A GAME!!!!!!

“AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! IT’S PRIMETIME!!!!!!! PRIMETIME!!!!!!!!” Brown yells as he beats his chest with the football as his team come to celebrate with him. “DON’T EVER TEST ME LIKE THAT!!!!!!! I’M THE BEST!! I’M THE FUCKIN BEST!!!”

Brown runs over to his quarterback Adriana Falconi and jumps with her. “THAT’S HOW WE DO IT! LET’S GO BABY!!!”

And on a final rush by Antonio Summer, Philly comes from behind and wins it!

PRESS CONFERENCE

“Marquise, how do you feel about your victory and your team’s performance?”
“Feels great. Feels amazing. On the road in a rival stadium, we never gave up. Good start to the season for us for sure. “

“You’re down 10 late in the fourth, what’s motivating you and your team?”
“Uh… the motivation to win the game. We never felt like we were out of it, we just kept our heads up and went to work one play at a time.”

“How do you feel about the Liberty’s potential this season?”
“I feel good about what we can do. I think a lot of people are sleeping on us this year but that’s fine, happens every year. I think we can make some real noise this year. We got better on all sides of the ball despite losing some players. I feel really good about this team man. Thanks guys.”

Ready to grade.