International Simulation Football League
*LB Sandy Bakshi hosts pre-draft presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *LB Sandy Bakshi hosts pre-draft presser (/showthread.php?tid=11892)

*LB Sandy Bakshi hosts pre-draft presser - Player1 - 02-18-2019

While Tijuana's newest linebacker has yet to play a snap in the DSFL after being claimed on waivers, the prospect's sights are already set on the upcoming draft. Sandy Bakshi hopes to make a big impact on the field, as he only has a short period of time to solidify his draft position.

Bakshi is not a blue-chip prospect at this point, as his college career included only one year of significant playing time. What tape there is shows a linebacker who lacks technical polish, but whose physical talent and athleticism allowed him to terrorize opposing quarterbacks and keep up with Tight Ends in coverage. With time to grow in the DSFL, he could be a versatile player in any defensive scheme, able to pass rush off the edge or play sideline to sideline as an ILB. Bakshi's agent hopes that a productive press conference will raise his stock with GMs and help him land on the best team for his future career.

As Sandy Bakshi walks up to the podium in a full suit, he begins his press conference, "Thank you all for coming today. Since I announced my entry into the upcoming draft I have received a lot of requests for questions and interviews, so I hope that this press conference will be productive and that you can learn something about me as a player and a person. I'd like to start off by thanking the management and coaches of the Luchadores for claiming me and having confidence in me as a player. I've only been a part of the team for a short period but I feel very welcome here and I look forward to playing with the team. Let's start with some questions."

Q1: You were claimed by the Luchadores after Week 6 but have yet to be active for a game. When do you think you will start taking snaps and what sort of role will you have on the team?

"Well, obviously I can't discuss the coach's plans for me on the field. I've been learning the defensive playbook and fully participating in practice, so I feel like I'm ready to go. I think I will be active for the upcoming game against the Marshals, they're a top team and a win against them would be huge for our playoff hopes so I'd like to be a part of that. If not though, I will continue to work on improving so I can make the most out of the time I get on the field."

Q2: Do you see yourself as a better fit for a 4-3 defense or a 3-4 defense?

"I have a lot more experience with 4-3 schemes, I even spent some time at Syracuse as a defensive end. As a pro though I think a lot of GMs will look at my build and pass rushing history and want to play me outside in a 3-4. I have no doubt I can do that and excel as a pass rusher, and I think scouts will be impressed by what I can do in the coming games and at the pre-draft combine."

Q3: A lot of scouts have criticized your ability to penetrate the line against higher end OLs and shed blocks. Have you been working on your moves at all and do you foresee yourself being able to match up against NSFL linemen?

"I've been working with both the LBs coach and the defensive line coach here in Tijuana. They're both very smart and skilled coaches with a lot of playing experience. They've really been helping me adjust to some of the moves I should expect at this level of play and what I need to do to get around professional tackles. Hopefully you'll see it on the field soon."

After a short bout of awkward silence, Sandy prompts the questions to continue, "Alright, let's get some questions from the national media now."

Q4: Are you looking forward to the NSFL draft? Any early preferences of where you would like to see yourself go?

I'm not too worried about the draft or where I go at this point, I suppose I'll probably spend a couple of seasons in the DSFL before I'm at the level to go up. Since the DSFL wasn't a thing when I joined before I'm not very familiar with how it works. When I played before I was on the Otters which I really liked, but whichever team I end up on I plan sticking with if unless it's a really bad fit for me. I would prefer not to bounce around the league.

Q5: How does it feel to be back at it here at the NSFL?

Good! My life has been really hectic the past year and a half, so it's nice to be back at a point where I have free time to do things I enjoy and de-stress a bit. I don't really have anyone in my life that shares my love of football so I pretty much have to take it out on the internet.

Q6: What can we expect from your player going forward?

I'm not sure if I'll end up as one of the elite players in the league, but hopefully I will be someone that can be a reliable long-term piece of a roster. I'm easy to get along with and try to avoid drama and I think GMs will appreciate having players that they can depend on to stick with the team.

Q7: This a hot dog a sandwich or not?

A hot dog is undeniably a sandwich. On a very fundamental level a sandwich is defined as some time of main ingredient (usually meat) placed within a vessel of bread. A hot dog definitely meets those criteria, and if you use a New England style roll it's even more obvious that you're just eating a sausage sandwich. I would also like to state for the record that cereal is a soup because it is grain placed within a milk broth, making it essentially a cold chowder.

Q8: Does pineapple go on pizza?

No, pineapple doesn't go on anything or anywhere near me. That shit is gross. However, ice cream on a cheeseburger is delicious and I highly recommend it.

Q9: What are the best and the worst changes since you used to be in the league?

I think the best change from my perspective is implementing a developmental league. This helps new players get into shape and get used to simming. I'm not sure if anything has gotten worse however the excitement and charm of the inaugural season are gone, and they made simming a lot of fun since basically no one knew which teams or players were going to pan out.

Do you think the Luchadores have a shot at winning the Ultimini this year and why do you think they will beat the Marshals to do it?

I think we do have a chance. We're putting together a really good late season including a huge away win over the Marshals. If we're going to win it will require a really great defensive performance, especially clamping down on RB Fast Boija who has been terrorizing the league this year. When we beat them on the road Boija got almost 200 rushing yards, so maybe it's a foregone conclusion and we just have to play around him. Their passing game is vulnerable so if we can take the lead and make them one dimensional we can bring a lot of pressure.

Q10: Is there a NFL or NSFL player that you want to emulate your career after?

No one in particular. As a Bills fan I admire players that stuck with the team through thick and thin and have always shown up with their best. Guys like Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, and Lorenzo Alexander are some of my favorites but I hope I will make the playoffs more often than any of them. In the NSFL I admire Angus Winchester, who was a monster of a player and simmer for several seasons and helped carry my sorry ass to some Ultimus Cup wins.

Code:
Word Count: 1,237

*LB Sandy Bakshi hosts pre-draft presser - Raven - 02-18-2019

Are you looking forward to the NSFL draft? Any early preferences of where you would like to see yourself go?

How does it feel to be back at it here at the NSFL?

What can we expect from your player going forward?

This a hot dog a sandwich or not?

Does pineapple go on pizza?

If you answered no to the previous question, does pineapple go on a burger?

If you answered yes to the previous question, then how about pineapple on a pizza burger?

*LB Sandy Bakshi hosts pre-draft presser - nunccoepi - 02-18-2019

@Player1 I will move this to the Presser section. When you go to answer the questions don't forget to edit the questions and answers into the OP to get paid for them.

*LB Sandy Bakshi hosts pre-draft presser - nunccoepi - 02-25-2019

What are the best and the worst changes since you used to be in the league?

Do you think the Luchadores have a shot at winning the Ultimini this year and why do you think they will beat the Marshals to do it?

Is there a NFL or NSFL player that you want to emulate your career after?