International Simulation Football League
Boss-Blocked: Otters QB Under Fire - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Boss-Blocked: Otters QB Under Fire (/showthread.php?tid=1213)

Pages: 1 2

Boss-Blocked: Otters QB Under Fire - Merica - 06-13-2017

The NSFL has finally begun, and week one wasn't without drama and questionable decisions, the chief of these being focused on the Orange County Otters.

Orange County, who made life difficult for themselves in the draft by selecting three franchise caliber quarterbacks, elected to send in Mike Boss as their teams starting quarterback- a decision hailed as the smart move by critics everywhere, because for all intents and purposes Mike Boss would appear to be the "safe" choice, but that's all been thrown into the garbage after week one's massive flop.

After a strong pre-season under Boss the Otters were confident, but that quickly turned into despair as Boss turned in perhaps one of the worst debuts on National Television since Jay Cutler's unforgettable game against Green Bay.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Boss looked completely out of whack and out matched.

Boss completed 30/50 pass attempts for 312 yards- those numbers by themselves are solid, buuuuuuuut then we add in the zero touchdowns and the, wait for it, SIX- count'em- SIX interceptions. It was a nightmare, and Boss refused to stop making bad decisions. It was like watching a parent tell their child "don't touch the stove, it's hot" but the child does it anyway, over and over despite the pain it's causing.

One of those errant throws was returned for a touchdown, and Orange County should be extremely thankful only one of them made it back to pay dirt. Despite losing 27-12, the Otters were in the game throughout, with opportunity after opportunity to regain ground, but they were routinely Boss-Blocked (like cock-blocked).

[Image: ap210929803151.jpg]
Bercovici trying to figure out what the fuck Boss was seeing.

Throughout the game the Fox Sports crew hosting the game continually made sure to catch Josh Bercovici's reactions to what was happening, and at one point analyst Jay Cutler said "That's his, what, 5th now? Does anyone want to explain to me why he is still in the game? There are two very capable players on the sidelines and at this point it feels like their throwing the game away on purpose by keeping him in there."

Although Bercovici was visibly upset with Boss and the staff all game, it didn't stop him from helping out his teammates and going over plays with them on the sidelines, doing his part to try and get the offense going without actually being on the field. It was very odd to see Orange County refuse to pull Boss, because as mentioned earlier they were never out of reach of the Outlaws, and a change under center could of turned the tides.

Perhaps the moment that kind of captured the entire night was when Mike Boss threw the ball directly- and I mean directly- into Outlaw defensive back Rashad's hands for what amounted to Rashad's third interception of the game; As Boss starting walking off the field, a clearly irritated Josh Bercovici standing right next to the coach and drilling down Boss with a look from hell walked out on the field towards Boss, yelling out "Hey Mike, what fucking team you playing for tonight?"

Boss, clearly having a bad night and not wanting to deal with Bercovici, ripped his helmet off and gave Berc a nasty glare, but before things could escalate any further the other back up quarterback, Ethan Hunt, rushed out and pulled Bercovici back, who smiled at Boss, smirking as he turned around, where an angry coach awaited him, but Bercovici beat him to the punchline. "If you need a real quarterback who doesn't fold underneath the pressure I'll be right here on the Gotdamn bench where you put me."

After the game, and Boss' six interceptions, the disgruntled starter didn't show up for the press conference, but Bercovici most certainly did.

[Image: 0.jpg]

Analee Walker:
- Josh, did the coaching staff at any time consider putting you in?
Berc:
- *smiling* I have to imagine at some point they thought about it. Maybe not the first two picks, but I mean, 4 or 5 and I'd think they would of been thinking about it....and by six I'd have to say they had just said fuck it. But no, they never discussed with him.

Robert Bitchum:
- Josh, do you think you're constant presence, always threatening to usurp Boss, could be causing him to play poorly? Are you putting that much pressure on him?
Berc:
- I said from day one I was going to make life difficult, because I'm the best quarterback on this team, and in this league, and I won't sit silently on the sidelines while someone else takes my snaps and throws six interceptions. Yes, I think Boss can't handle the pressure, I think he's never had to compete for a starting job before and you're seeing him struggle to handle the stress of it. That's the difference between me and Mike, I have ice in my veins, I strive under pressure.

American Independence:
- Josh, take us through that pivotal moment when you walked onto the field and called out Boss in front of everyone.
Berc:
- got damn that's a sexy fucking name, remind me to take you out sometime baby. As for that situation my frustration boiled over, it was culmination of the staff refusing to even warm up a replacement and just the atrocious decision making from Boss, id had enough and if no one else on this team was gonna have the balls to say something about it then so be it, I'll be the bad guy- I felt I owed it to my teammates, because their QB was sabotaging the game. If I was the Defense I'd be planning a sock party right now.

Danalee Assange
- Josh, do you think the staff will be taking a look at changing quarterbacks next week?
Berc:
- Not at all. Their married to Boss right now...but I'm doing my best to split them up. *wink*

Eric Cockner:
- At one point during the third quarter, around the fourth interception, you and one of the receivers were seeing very blatantly throwing the ball together before the coach screamed for you to sit down. What happened there?
Berc:
- Oh, I just wanted the fans to see that atleast one of their quarterbacks could throw the football to the right team.

Tensions are high in Orange County, and we anticipate It will only get worse.

Boss-Blocked: Otters QB Under Fire - Player1 - 06-13-2017

It will be interesting to see if Boss continues to put up big turnovers will he be replaced, and who will take the starting job? Neither backup showed much in very limited preseason time.

Boss-Blocked: Otters QB Under Fire - TheWoZy - 06-13-2017

Boss is overrated! Bercovici and Hunt are way better.

(06-13-2017, 10:14 AM)Player1 Wrote:It will be interesting to see if Boss continues to put up big turnovers will he be replaced, and who will take the starting job? Neither backup showed much in very limited preseason time.

It's hard to be any worse than six picks.

Boss-Blocked: Otters QB Under Fire - Admin - 06-13-2017

Berc really should start week 2.

Boss-Blocked: Otters QB Under Fire - Noble - 06-13-2017

Put in Hunt Big Grin

(06-13-2017, 04:41 PM)Noble Wrote:Put in Hunt Big Grin

Fine, just put in somebody that wont throw six picks. Hell, maybe the punter. Smile)

Boss-Blocked: Otters QB Under Fire - Noble - 06-13-2017

(06-13-2017, 12:28 PM)Merica Wrote:Fine, just put in somebody that wont throw six picks. Hell, maybe the punter. Smile)

"And here come the Otters, headlined at quarterback by... their offensive line..."

Boss-Blocked: Otters QB Under Fire - Valtookan - 06-14-2017

DANG, this article I love it! Best I've read. I haven't felt it before now but I feel that this is legit a REAL controversy.

Boss-Blocked: Otters QB Under Fire - RainDelay - 06-14-2017

Another rough game with picks, despite getting the W

Let's keep this discussion going.