International Simulation Football League
Week 1 Tight End Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Week 1 Tight End Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=1233)

Week 1 Tight End Rankings - Blake Bortles - 06-13-2017

Hello, and welcome to the weekly Tight End rankings. Each week we rank the tight ends in the NSFL based on how well they played in that week. As a quick note, the rankings are based on play quality and only on play quality. Other factors such as TPE are not taken into account. Now that that's out of the way, let's go right into the rankings!
Week 1 Tight End Rankings
1. Rolf Larsendorf, Yellowknife Wraiths
[Image: Hw3vh3K.png]
This came as a surprise to myself and basically everyone else at the studio. Larsendorf cemented himself as a great blocker and a reliable checkdown receiver in the preseason, which made it a surprise when he lead his team in catches in week 1. Not only did he lead his team in catches, he averaged nearly a first down per catch, helping to advance the Wraiths offense. Early on in the game, Larsendorf put helped set up his kicker with two relatively easy field goals and helped to set up the game winner by rushing the ball near the end. Larsendorf did not drop a single pass in week one, while even star players Ricky Maddox and Josh Garden did.

2. Gabriel Tenzini, Baltimore Hawks
[Image: FgQ1xAC.png]
Gabriel Tenzini did exactly what the Hawks drafted him for: reliably catching nearly everything that came at him. Tenzini used his size and catching ability to lead his team in catches, and by a significant margin. Tenzini had twice as many catches as the second most guy, and several of them came to pick up the first down in crucial situations. In addition to reliably catching passes, Tenzin was a reliable blocker too. Tenzini did not give up a sack and helped out the team by adding a pancake block to his impressive stat line. Whether it's through catching or receiving, Tenzini has solidified himself as someone that his quarterback, Scrub Kyubee, can trust.

3. George Wright Jr., Orange County Otters
[Image: 8pnW5Ng.png]
Saying George Wright Jr. blocks like an offensive lineman is not even remotely an exaggeration. As a matter of fact, a case could be made for Wright blocking better than some offensive lineman, as he had more pancake blocks than two of the offensive lineman on his team. Wright is easily the best blocker out of this year's tight end class, but he's not just a blocker. Wright was tied for leading his team in catches, and while the yardage average might not seem impressive, half of the passes he caught were on 3rd down of picked up a first down, which is an impressive stat line. Wright Jr.'s solidity as both a blocker and receiver is becoming invaluable to his team.

T-4. Ricky Maddox, Yellowknife Wraiths
[Image: 7TuFxs4.png]
Maddox is physically impressive as a tight end, and is impressive in all facets of the game. He can block, catch, and run, which he demonstrated in week 1 of the season. He caught 5 passes in week 1, and the majority of them were for 7 or more yards, demonstrating his ability to turn and get up the field. In addition to that, Maddox had an impressive 2 pancake blocks in week 1, displaying the perfect balance for a tight end. There were a few miscommunications on his part, however, as he had 4 drops in week 1, 2 of which were on third down and resulted in his team punting or kicking a field goal. Despite that, Maddox had a solid week 1 showing.

T-4. Break Bottles, San Jose SaberCats
[Image: YxwqKkS.png]
Break Bottles' stat line is eerily similar to Ricky Maddox's, which is even more coincidental considering they were playing each other's teams in week 1. Despite not coming away with the win in week 1, Bottles helped his team stay in the game with a 10-yard touchdown reception and several late game receptions. Bottles didn't have much of an impact in terms of blocking, however, as he did not notch up a single pancake block. Bottles is tied with Maddox in this ranking, however, Maddox might have a slight edge due to his two blocks, but Bottles evens it out with a touchdown? I'm not really sure.

6. Mark Hargrove, Colorado Yeti
[Image: o3sSbRX.png]
Mark Hargrove had a very good game for the Yeti in week one, catching passes from short to medium distances. In addition, Hargrove had a good blocking game, creating two pancake blocks against the strong Baltimore defense. Logan Noble, the Yeti's quarterback, loved to throw to Hargrove on 1st down, where 4 of Hargrove's 5 catches came. This displays Noble's trust of Hargrove as a legitimate receiving option, showing that Hargrove can reliably help to move the chains on first down, or at least narrow the distance.

7. Josh Davidson, Orange County Otters
[Image: xu7DQv2.png]
Josh Davidson displayed impressive pass-catching ability in week 1, catching 4 passes for 24 yards. Davidsons' pass catching ability helped to complement the primarily blocking play of George Wright Jr. Davidson was solid in blocking too, however, as he did not give up a single sack to the Arizona Outlaws. Despite Davidson's solid play, the Outlaws managed to pull away in week 1.

8. Wren Piper, Baltimore Hawks
[Image: fui35XW.png]
There isn't much to say about Wren Piper's performance in week 1, other than the fact that he is a legitimate red zone threat. Piper is a big guy, 6"5' and 250 pounds, and he used that to his advantage to snatch a touchdown in week 1. In the preseason, we were already able to determine that Wren Piper would be a solid Red Zone threat throughout the year.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed. I plan to make this a regular thing, ranking the play every week. At the end of the season, I'll do a total year rankings, and we'll see who the best tight ends are!

@SimmerDownBruhh, @Viktor1980, @princekyle, @Player1,@HazardouSpork, @Bingbongday, @zerxiez
[div align=\\\"left\\\"]Preseason Rankings[/div][div align=\\\"right\\\"]Next Week's[/div]

Week 1 Tight End Rankings - SimmerDownBruhh - 06-13-2017

Time to hit the gym more. Not good enough for me individually but I'm glad that Larsendorf was able to pick up my obvious slack this past game.

Awesome analysis of the position! Can't wait to see next week's edition.

Week 1 Tight End Rankings - Blake Bortles - 06-13-2017

(06-13-2017, 05:10 PM)SimmerDownBruhh Wrote:Time to hit the gym more. Not good enough for me individually but I'm glad that Larsendorf was able to pick up my obvious slack this past game.

Awesome analysis of the position! Can't wait to see next week's edition.

Thanks! I had fun writing it. It'll be interesting to see how the rankings change throughout the season, and one of the factors I'll use at the end of the season to determine the total ranking will be the average rank for the player. Rolf Larsendorf is currently in the lead!

Week 1 Tight End Rankings - Player1 - 06-13-2017

Maybe some day I'll get faster, probably not but... maaaaybe.

Week 1 Tight End Rankings - Admin - 06-14-2017

Second string TE and starting FB gets top honors. Bizzaro world!

Week 1 Tight End Rankings - CaptainCats - 06-14-2017

Nice article, love giving TEs a bit of respect. Would probably move Bottles solely into 4th due to the TD but that's me.

Week 1 Tight End Rankings - 7hawk77 - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 11:21 AM)CaptainCats Wrote:Nice article, love giving TEs a bit of respect. Would probably move Bottles solely into 4th due to the TD but that's me.

Yeah I'd probably have done that too. However since he wrote the article, he's probably going a bit harder on himself.

Week 1 Tight End Rankings - timeconsumer - 06-14-2017

(06-13-2017, 09:16 PM)Player1 Wrote:Maybe some day I'll get faster, probably not but... maaaaybe.

Don't need to be fast when the other 5 teams in the league are sleeping on you. Their loss....

Week 1 Tight End Rankings - Blake Bortles - 06-21-2017

Should I just figure out the money for this myself?
973 words
973,000 + 400,000 bonus