International Simulation Football League
*The Offensive Line Draft Pool - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Offensive Line Draft Pool (/showthread.php?tid=12361)

*The Offensive Line Draft Pool - caltroit_red_flames - 03-07-2019

Code:
1054 words
double media

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]The Offensive Line Draft Pool[/div]

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]For a couple seasons now we've been hearing rumbles about how the offensive line is a barren position. Stuck with no other choice, the NSFL instituted an experimental robot being placed on the offensive line rather than humans when there were no live players to take the spot and it has been that way ever since.

This offseason though we've seen some players declare for the DSFL draft and next to the word "Position" on their declaration forms they wrote down "OL", Is the position making a resurgence? As of right now the player agents @Blastmeaway, @caltroit_red_flames and @cpetrella have stated that they now represent at least one offensive lineman currently playing in the High School ranks that they expect to be at least DSFL caliber in the future if not NSFL caliber, and they've heard rumblings of other agents getting close to signing contracts with other young players to finalize their legal representation in the future as well.

It would seem that the proposed rule change sparked some conversation and excitement in the younger football players to do their best to pioneer a change in the league. Players are already asking why they're forced to test their skill against a robot when they should be testing it against other humans, with the defensive linemen specially disgruntled. Now we we're seeing the first real draft class with offensive linemen in the mix and I for one am extremely excited.[/div]

Rahm Kota - Represented by @Furrand
The first of these brutes to declare for the DSFL draft is Rahm Kota, represented by a new player agent known as Furrand. Kota didn't state where he was born, but he did play for the University of Houston Cougars. Down in Texas they play some serious ball and that goes double when you hit the college ranks. Being 6'1" and 330 lbs I can tell you right now that Rahm Kota isn't one of the biggest and linemen you'll see in this league, but dammit he is one of the toughest. The guy is so smart with the way he plays, recognizing defensive schemes and always keeping himself between the lineman and his quarterback, he's going to make some waves for whatever team he's on. He's already held a press conference to gain some notoriety around the league and hopefully get the attention of some DSFL GMs (read it here). If I had to give on thing to work on, it'd be his strength. You have to be able to hold the line against some fast and shifty defensive linemen in the NSFL and the best way to do that is with pure strength.

Gregor Clegaine- Represented by @VossSauce14
Up next we have Gregor Clegaine who is represented by another new agent, VossSauce14. Clegaine decided to cut his collegiate career short in order to declare for the DSFL draft, which does not require you to attend 4 years of college to declare, and he already seems like he's ready for the pro ranks. He may not have the the techniques down perfectly that you'd like to see out of draftee due to lack of experience, but what he lacks in experience he makes up for in spades with his athleticism. I swear the guy is a freak. He's 6'6" and 315 lbs with the agility to stay in front of any defensive lineman even if he fumbles his legs or gets caught in a bad stance. He's smart enough to recognize defensive schemes and will only improve at that with experience. At this point he should be focusing on hitting the gym and getting stronger. The one sure fire way of stopping a defensive lineman is by pushing him on his back, away from your QB.

Jacob Rowan - Represented by @Vedin
Here we have the final beefcake being represented by a new agent, Jacob Rowan. Rowan is represented by player agent Vedin after attending 4 years at Boston College. BC isn't known for winning football championships like some of the other schools in the NCAA, but being born in Boston you have to imagine Rowan wanted to play for his hometown school and with the likelihood of Rowan playing in the pro ranks some day increasing every day you have to think he did his hometown proud. Rowan is an offensive lineman who specializes in delaying pass rushers and at this point I think he does it better than any other offensive lineman in this draft or the DSFL right now. He stands at 6'3" and 330 lbs, so he isn't held by being so big that he stumbles over his own legs. That also means he's able to push the opposing linemen back not only with his strength but with his speed. He protects the pocket too well for any team to pass on him into the middle rounds of the coming draft. He could definitely work on his strength, but I think you're sensing that pattern by now. Offensive linemen need to be strong.

Brave Ulysses - Represented by @PaytonM34
As of right now Brave Ulysses is the 4th and final offensive linemen to declare for the DSFL draft and he's represented by highly regarded and distinguished player agent PaytonM34. Payton has been around the block a few times already and it's clear that he knows how to identify talent in its early stages. Ulysses hails from London, England and surprisingly went to Oxford University for his education. Due to this he was unable to play in the NCAA and therefore is a bit of an unknown commodity. His ability to slow down defending players on passing or running plays won't be as refined players that have spent the last four seasons training, playing games and being coached by some of the best coaches in football, but after the combine you can tell he put his time to good use. As of right now Brave Ulysses is by far the strongest, play to enter the DSFL draft, and at 6'7" and 340 lbs I'm certain that we're going to see him dominate defensive linemen in the DSFL. Payton dug deep to find a player that is in the perfect mold for an offensive lineman and I think he may have hit a home run. These two are going to make a lot of money together.

*The Offensive Line Draft Pool - cpetrella - 03-07-2019

Our sport is being overrun with robots, much like our economic market. There are hundreda of thousands of Offensive Liners who cannot make ends means because their jobs have been taken my machines.

Cal, Blast, and I will be starting a union for Offensive Liners around the world, and will help them through these tough times, and will bring them into a future where they can thrive and prosper.

*The Offensive Line Draft Pool - Ben - 03-08-2019

The Offensive Line renaissance starts now and it starts with Tijuana!

TIJ

@PaytonM34