International Simulation Football League
Shorter Season - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Shorter Season (/showthread.php?tid=1241)

Pages: 1 2

Shorter Season - Perkules - 06-14-2017

To me it seems like the time between games is kind of dragging I would like to see if be 4 games a week rather than 3. This would make the entire season a month rather than 6 weeks.

Purposed Schedule

M - F 4 games ( this gives @princekyle flexibility, and a 3 day weekend from sim bs.)

Sat - Sunday - Weekend PTS, Next Week Prediction Threads go up, Written/GFX Contests/Specials, Updaters update.

If a team starts the season 0 - 6 the likely hood of them making the playoffs is pretty low. Players sitting around for a month plus on a losing team is going to greatly impact retention of players. Changing to the schedule above makes each season ~1 month. I know this only cuts the sitting around time to like 2 1/2 weeks. 10 days is 10 days.

Recruiting drive should start at the beginning of playoffs so that the new recruits are introduced to the hype of the championship, and draft. Not the lull between draft and file work complete.

Shorter Season - Admin - 06-14-2017

@princekyle I'm open to this, how does it work for you as the simmer? Could even work this week with games today, Thursday, and Friday.

Shorter Season - Ltsmashie - 06-14-2017

From a selfish point of view, this would work out less well for me,
I tend to browse the forums and do articles etc on my lunch break during my office job - when the weekend comes around i'm more than likely browsing on my phone and not going to be sitting down to do the points tasks etc (or at least if I do it's more of an effort to do so.)

I also like having a bit of space between games as it gives time to analyse previous games and will build up suspense come the money end of the season.

I understand what you are saying by some people getting disheartened waiting around for the next season to start - but I honestly don't see why people would drop off just because there team is doing poorly - it certainly wouldn't have an impact on me.
Plus, I see the fun part of this sim being when it comes around to free agency after a few seasons and surely if players are on a team doing poorly this would be a fine time for them to start writing articles about wanting to get out of their current situation etc.

If this was a democracy I'd be voting to keep things as is, at least few a few seasons until we can see what the effect of the current season length is actually having.

Shorter Season - princekyle - 06-14-2017

I think we should listen to some other opinions on it.
As it stands right now we're actually simming every 2nd day so we're looking at 3.5 games per week.
But I'd like to see some more thoughts on it.

Shorter Season - Admin - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 10:17 AM)princekyle Wrote:I think we should listen to some other opinions on it.
As it stands right now we're actually simming every 2nd day so we're looking at 3.5 games per week.
But I'd like to see some more thoughts on it.
I know weekends are busy for you, so doing four per week all on weekdays may be a little easier, but that's up to you to decide.

Shorter Season - princekyle - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 11:19 AM)Ballerstorm Wrote:I know weekends are busy for you, so doing four per week all on weekdays may be a little easier, but that's up to you to decide.

Extremely true.

Shorter Season - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 06-14-2017

Just gotta ask the question "Why are our members gonna come to the site today and spend some time there?" Every day. Gotta draw people in and keep them engaged. Once we have a NCAA/Feeder league this will be a lot easier as we could stagger the sims so nearly each day there's some kind of action going on. Until then its kinda tough. 4 of 5 weekdays having games could be nice though. The league seems to be taking the slow and steady approach with the time between the draft and the games and opening week to the times between games. May be by design so we don't burn thru seasons.

Just spitballing here

Shorter Season - adam2552 - 06-14-2017

I think swimming every other day is good. Makes it so you have game day, then a day to digest it and write an article or whatever. Then another game day. Then repeat. I think having back-to-back game days or even 2 weeks played in a day causes a lot of the stats/analysis to get missed.

Shorter Season - PoloPro - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 12:33 PM)adam2552 Wrote:I think swimming every other day is good.  Makes it so you have game day, then a day to digest it and write an article or whatever.  Then another game day. Then repeat.  I think having back-to-back game days or even 2 weeks played in a day causes a lot of the stats/analysis to get missed.

I agree with this @Raven and I are talking about do a Kicking article after every game day but if you do them all back to back like this it might just turn into a weekly dump of information. I guess I would be fine with either I would like more games and progressing faster from a selfish stand point. I dont know I see it both ways

Shorter Season - Raven - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 06:33 PM)adam2552 Wrote:I think swimming every other day is good.  Makes it so you have game day, then a day to digest it and write an article or whatever.  Then another game day. Then repeat.  I think having back-to-back game days or even 2 weeks played in a day causes a lot of the stats/analysis to get missed.

I have to agree with this. Swimming is a great exercise when done every other day.