International Simulation Football League
*Don't @ Me Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Don't @ Me Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=12459)

*Don't @ Me Mock Draft - Bigred1580 - 03-09-2019

BigRed’s Season 14 mock!

Last season I published a Rookie’s Mock draft and I was so far off I decided I needed to redeem myself this season. I am older, wiser, and my takes are hotter than ever before. Yet, I still am untainted by not being in a war room. We have a solid crop of prospects although nothing close to what we will see next season’s Super Draft. Our first round looks pretty solid with a top tier of very active recreates. We have a good mix of first timers and a few members who were here long ago and are now back and ready to rock. The highlights of the draft have to be the 3 quarterbacks. Cooter, Havran, and Jenkins are all solid TPE earners, but it seems like a two man race for the top spot. This draft also has a strong representation from the front 7, with 3 solid LBs, and a few standout D Linemen. We also have 2 stud kickers that may surprise some people by going early.

Yellowknife leads the draft with 3 first rounders. Baltimore has 2 and Orange County, San Jose, and Colorado are all unrepresented. While this draft isn’t as deep as next years, there should be a few players that provide valuable building blocks for these teams in the future. This draft has some difference makers and I’m excited for the future of the league. So, without further ado, here is BigRed’s Season 14 Mock!

Pick 1 YKW Cooter Bigsby, QB, San Antonio Marshalls
With the first pick it will be no surprise that those proud Canadians pick their quarterback of the future. Although Ryan Applehort still has a few good years left, he has already begun to regress. They may be looking for someone to learn the ropes under Applehort, and be his heir apparent. We have 3 solid QBs to choose from in Cooter Bigsby, backup QB for the Marshalls, Corvo Havran, who came on strong to lead the Luchadores to a Ultamini championship, and Rose Jenkins, who put up good numbers after taking over mid season, but for some reason has failed to impress the scouts. It should be no surprise that the Wraiths pluck star QB Bigsby. He is a solid earner and locker room guy and they can’t go wrong taking this stud. Talk about a can’t miss prospect.

Pick 2 BAL Corvo Havran, QB, Tijuana Luchadores
The hawks have a slightly less need for a future QB. Childish Gambino is putting up good numbers and still hasn’t begun to regress. He is playing at his peak level ever. However, there will come a time when they will need to replace him. The hawks could look elsewhere and try to pluck their future QB out of next years loaded draft. However, I’m projection that the Hawks take the sure thing in Havran. The native Czech gunslinger put up great numbers at LSU then led the Luchadores to an Ultimini championship (It helps having stand out WR Nate Swift to throw TD’s too). Havran is a solid Locker Room addition and just turned out to be too good of a player to pass up.

Pick 3 ARI Gekyume Stokeley, LB, Portland Pythons
There are some important needs for the Outlaws to fill. They are in trouble at QB, but may feel that Jenkins will fall to them with one of their 3 picks to start the second round. They also need help on their front 7. This is why I believe they will take the best LB in the draft, Gekyume Stokeley. Gek was a relative unknown going into this season and he greatly impressed scouts on film and at the combine by proving to be a top TPE earner. They are looking at getting a future defensive star with this pick.

Pick 4 NOLA Stan Francisco, TE, Portland Pythons
One of the biggest holes on New Orleans roster is their absence of a TE. This is the perfect match in which the biggest need for a team matches up with the best player available. Stan is a star TE in the making. There is no doubt he will be the pass catcher of the future for NOLA. They are getting an all around athlete that will help in all areas of their offence. This is one of the easiest picks of the draft. I wouldn’t be surprised if no time went off the clock before they put in their pick.

Pick 5 PHI Maxwell Beard, DT, Kansas City Coyotes
Philadelphia has quite a few needs entering this draft. They lost their star running back to free agency and are missing important pieces at both the TE and CB position. However, no valuable picks appear to be available at this spot in the draft. So, the Liberty take Maxwell Beard, the best player on their board. Max had a strong showing all season for the Coyotes, and an even more impressive combine. He brings a presence to their Defense and their locker room.

Pick 6 YKW Joseph Henry, DE, San Antonio Marshalls
The Wraiths still have a lot of needs to fill and luckily they have two more of the next three picks to fill some of them. Their defense has a lot of holes and they could reasonably take a Defensive End, Defensive Tackle, Cornerback, or Safety. Additionally, they will need to replace their kicker soon but can probably wait until 8 since there are two standout kickers still on the board. This is why Yellowknife selects Joseph Henry. He fills an important position of need, is the biggest remaining TPE earner that isn’t another QB, and would be an active member on the roster. Can’t go wrong adding elite pass rushers.

Pick 7 BAL Sandip “Sandy” Bakshi, LB, Tijuana Luchadores
With their recent off season moves, the Hawks roster seems close to already complete, so they could be considering trading away some of their picks for the future when regression hits. However, their only hole may be on the D Line. Additionally, their secondary may experience regression soon. This is why they take Sandy. Although they are filled at LB, taking Sandy here allows the team the versatility to turn one of their LBs into a DE or a S. Both positions are close enough in skill sets to make Sandy able to fit just about anywhere. Plus, he is a good locker room guy and TPE earner. He joined the league late enough that he wasn’t able to build up as much TPE, but his progress has been solid

Pick 8 YKW Stephen Harris Jr., K, Tijuana Luchadores
The Wraiths are in need of a kicker for the future and having a solid TPE earner allows them to not have to worry about the position in the future. Stephen is another solid locker room guy who gives them a clutch weapon in stressful situations. In this past Ultimini, he was 3 for 3 including a 53 yarder at the end of the first half and then he won the game in overtime nailing a 35 yarder with everything on the line. The Wraiths end their run of three first rounders with a bunch of solid active members.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope I’m right, but if not, it’s your own fault for copying my picks.

Code:
1230 words

*Don't @ Me Mock Draft - YoungTB - 03-09-2019

Nice mock. I can definitely see us taking Cowboy Hairdryer with our pick.

*Don't @ Me Mock Draft - Raven - 03-09-2019

(03-10-2019, 01:35 AM)YoungTB Wrote:Nice mock. I can definitely see us taking Cowboy Hairdryer with our pick.

[Image: tenor.gif]

*Don't @ Me Mock Draft - Ben - 03-09-2019

(03-10-2019, 11:35 AM)YoungTB Wrote:Cowboy Hairdryer

lol nice