International Simulation Football League
*Breaking News from Baltimore - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Breaking News from Baltimore (/showthread.php?tid=12562)

*Breaking News from Baltimore - nunccoepi - 03-13-2019

Breaking News: The Baltimore Hawks Set to Induct Three New Members into Honor Society

Less than an hour before the S14 NSFL Draft, Baltimore Hawks GMs, Epictitus Milburn and Icy Douglas went live on Instagram for an important team announcement concerning the teams honor society, the "Wing of Honor". Instituted in S10, the Wing of Honor enshrines those players for the Baltimore Hawks who demonstrate leadership and character off the field, high quality of play, and dedication to the Hawks organization by playing at least half of their career with the team. As their first official act as General Managers, Milburn and Douglas formally announced Avon Blocksdale, Trey Willie, and Kurt Hendrix as the newest members of the select club.

Prior to this announcement, the members of the Wing of Honor consisted of Turk Turkleton, Owen Taylor, and Antoine Delacour. We caught up with each of them who were willing to share their thoughts on each the newest members.

Owen Taylor commented on the true heart of the Baltimore gridiron, the offensive linemen turned quarterback, Avon Blocksdale: "Big Papa Avon was a true leader both on and off the field and the best teammate you could ask for. He exemplifies the best qualities of the NSFL and I'm proud to call him my brother." Avon went on to lead the team to its first Ultimus in his last season before retirement.

Turk Turkleton had this to share about the receiving great, Trey Willie: "Trey Willie played a huge role in Baltimore history. From running in the touchdown which gave us the lead and eventual win over the Second Line in the Ultimus finals of S10. To leading the league in receiving stats in multiple seasons. He is the currently league leader in receiving yards and receiving TD's. Besides all that he was a great mate in Baltimore and shared many highs and lows with us. I wish to welcome Trey Willie into the wing of honor for he deserved it with all his hard work." Long considered the paradigm of excellence at the wide receiver position, Trey Willie undoubtedly left his mark on the club.

Finally, Antoine Delcour provided a comment on one of the first great defensive linemen of the NSFL, Kurt Hendrix: "Kurt is the best leader I've seen in the NSFL. Period. Both on and off the field. His numbers speak for themselves as a defensive presence, and I don't think my numbers would have looked so good without him terrorising quarterbacks, if I'm honest. But despite that, I think it was in the locker room where he had the biggest impact. That first year in Baltimore was tough. For all of us. We were just... bad. There was a lot going on and we just couldn't get the wins. Under that pressure, some guys quit, some guys left the team. It was looking worse and worse every day. Kurt Hendrix made the rest of us, who chose to stick around, believe we could be champions. Without his leadership and drive, the Baltimore Hawks organisation may never have reached the heights it has."

On behalf of the Baltimore Hawks, it has been an honor just to present this designation. We thank you for sharing your talents with us and we wish you the best of luck. Know that you always have a home in Baltimore.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: BAL_06-Blocksdale.png?width=338&height=451]
@iamslm22

[Image: BAL_87-Willie.png?width=338&height=451]
@ItsJustBarry

[Image: BAL_55-Hendrix.png?width=338&height=451]
@HENDRIX

[Image: BAL_36-Taylor.png?width=338&height=451]
@manicmav36

[Image: BAL_61-Turkleton.png?width=338&height=451]
@Raven

[Image: BAL_37-Delacour.png?width=338&height=451]
@37thchamber[/div]

@iseedoug

Also huge s/o to @ckroyal92 for creating these graphics

Code:
Please pay out 20% each to Raven, manicmav, and 37thchamber.

*Breaking News from Baltimore - iamslm22 - 03-13-2019

Woah! Huge honor. Thanks a ton. Couldn't be joining a better group of guys. These 5 other dudes really shaped the Hawks so much. All HOF level players

*Breaking News from Baltimore - iseedoug - 03-13-2019

BAL BAL BAL

*Breaking News from Baltimore - 37thchamber - 03-14-2019

Caw Caw Motherfuckers

*Breaking News from Baltimore - ADwyer87 - 03-14-2019

@manicmav36 is this why you asked me about those HOF uniforms you cuck?

*Breaking News from Baltimore - manicmav36 - 03-14-2019

(03-14-2019, 02:46 AM)ADwyer87 Wrote:@manicmav36 is this why you asked me about those HOF uniforms you cuck?

He asked me so I asked around. Geez.