International Simulation Football League
Otters Make The Switch: Berc To Start Week 3 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Otters Make The Switch: Berc To Start Week 3 (/showthread.php?tid=1262)

Pages: 1 2

Otters Make The Switch: Berc To Start Week 3 - Merica - 06-15-2017

[Image: Mike-Bercovici1_0.jpg]

"With the 96th overall pick in the NSFL Draft, the Orange County Otters select QB Josh Bercovici out of Arizona State University"

When the Otters announced Bercovici at #96, the immediate reaction was why?, and well, this must mean he is changing positions, right? He has no chance with Boss and Hunt there!". Both the GM and Co-GM reached out to Bercovici after the draft and asked him to change positions, but the gunslinger held fast and refused to switch, launching a very public campaign for the starting position.

Now, as we fast forward three weeks, there is no name on the forefront of media coverage more than Josh Bercovici. He hasn't taken a single snap yet, but he is arguably the most polarising player in the league and now is about to become the complete center attention in week 3 when he will make his highly anticipated debut.

After two weeks, the Otters incumbent starter Mike Boss has played himself out of the job, with 1 touchdown, 9 interceptions and the worst rating in the league. The Otters managed to win in week 2, but so far their offense has been a massive vulnerability, with no chemistry to speak about- it's been difficult to watch. Is Mike Boss a bad quArterback? I don't think so, he's just having a rough start to the season and it's not all his fault, but unfortunately for him he has Josh Bercovici looking over his shoulder and telling everyone why he should be the starter, so when Boss throws 9 picks in two games it becomes a problem, and management is forced to look at other options.

You can see the frustration in Orange County mounting, with every interception thrown by Boss sowing seeds of doubt within the offensive unit, as they question whether or not Bercovici would be better, which is the brilliance of Bercovici's campaign, as he constantly presents an alternative, one that has becomes increasingly more desirable.

The pressure will be on Bercovici to perform at a high level, and I am sure the room for mistakes is a small one- Orange County is making this change because their sick of turnovers and want immediate results, and I have no doubt they won't hesitate to return to Boss, or even go to Ethan Hunt, should Bercovici stumble out of the gate. Failure definitely isn't on Josh's mind, though, as answered questions from the media.

Romana Moana
- Josh, first, congrats on being named the starter for week 3. Are you nervous? How much pressure are you feeling?
Berc
- Thank you, it's about time. I don't get nervous, I have ice in my veins, I fucking live for this. I feel all the pressure, and I gotdamn love it, the more pressure the better, it'll just make my legend even greater when I crush it.

Ava Gaper
- Berc, you ran a very public, savage campaign against Boss, do you think that'll come back to bite you?
Berc
- hey, you can bite me anytime baby...I mean, no, I don't think it will. I came out swinging against Mike, sure, but I'm not the one who threw 9 interceptions in two games, so if he had played really well none of this would be happening, he has no one to blame but himself. The other thing is nobody gets what they want in life sitting on their hands waiting for shit to happen, you have to go out and get it, and that's what I'm doing.

Saucy Poussey
- Your first opponent is the San Jose SaberCats, thoughts?
Berc
- You mean first victim? On a serious note, the Cats have a solid secondary and some decent pressure up front, and I'm expecting they'll come out fast and swinging in an effort to unhinge me- but that'll be futile because that's my secret, I'm always unhinged.

Dava Pooterson
- how have your teammates reacted to the change?
Berc
- Positively, from what I've seen. I've been working hard to be ready in case they needed me to play, and I've been very involved, so the guys know what I bring to the table, and their excited to see what will happen. Expectations are high, as they should be- their looking to me to resurrect an offense that has been non-existent, and they won't be very forgiving if I mess up. They want a quarterback to lead them and be apart of the reason they win, not someone they win despite of.

The controversy in Orange County continues to escalate, as now back up Mike Boss is reportedly very unhappy with the decision to replace him, citing their lack of loyalty. When we asked Berc about the Otters loyalty to players, his answer was mic drop worthy and will end this article:

"Did you just say loyalty and Otters in the same sentence? *laughing* Remember Ethan Hunt? The #24 overall pick they chose to be their franchise quarterback? Yeah neither do I. So if you thought you were gonna get loyalty from this team you were setting yourself up for disappointment, because they have none, and that's just how it is, this is a business, you either perform or you get sidelined...unless your Hunt, then you just get sidelined."

Otters Make The Switch: Berc To Start Week 3 - SimmerDownBruhh - 06-15-2017

Savage.

Otters Make The Switch: Berc To Start Week 3 - Player1 - 06-15-2017

We have loyalty on the Otters, we're loyal to the team and each other. You QBs have spent more time focusing on your own damn selves than being a part of that, and now you're on the outside looking in. If you want loyalty, you'll have to earn it on the field and in the locker room. Nobody's gonna spoon feed it to you.

Otters Make The Switch: Berc To Start Week 3 - Merica - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 10:23 AM)Player1 Wrote:We have loyalty on the Otters, we're loyal to the team and each other. You QBs have spent more time focusing on your own damn selves than being a part of that, and now you're on the outside looking in. If you want loyalty, you'll have to earn it on the field and in the locker room. Nobody's gonna spoon feed it to you.

But the fact is management hasn't been loyal to any of the QBs whatsoever. They drafted Hunt #24, basically telling him he was the guy, and then take two more QBs and drop him to third string.

It's cool that everyone else on the team doesn't have to worry about their status on the team, aside from maybe the RBs but their both getting carries. Rest of the team should be paying attention to what's happening, because without a competent quarterback you won't win shit, and you're seeing firsthand how Hard it is when a QB struggles. EVERYTHING centres on the QB, whether you like it or not, and it would behoove of management to choose a QB and get behind him befor they risk alienating all three of us.

Otters Make The Switch: Berc To Start Week 3 - timeconsumer - 06-15-2017

So when are you buying the offensive line a nice steak dinner?

Otters Make The Switch: Berc To Start Week 3 - Grapehead - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 10:13 AM)timeconsumer Wrote:So when are you buying the offensive line a nice steak dinner?
You've had enough steak, tubby Wink

Otters Make The Switch: Berc To Start Week 3 - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 06:01 AM)Merica Wrote:But the fact is management hasn't been loyal to any of the QBs whatsoever. They drafted Hunt #24, basically telling him he was the guy, and then take two more QBs and drop him to third string.

It's cool that everyone else on the team doesn't have to worry about their status on the team, aside from maybe the RBs but their both getting carries. Rest of the team should be paying attention to what's happening, because without a competent quarterback you won't win shit, and you're seeing firsthand how Hard it is when a QB struggles.  EVERYTHING centres on the QB, whether you like it or not, and it would behoove of management to choose a QB and get behind him befor they risk alienating all three of us.

Too late they already did. Says a lot when your "coach" doesnt even introduce himself to you or explain anything and relies on Shaka and timeconsumer to do the work for him.

Otters Make The Switch: Berc To Start Week 3 - Grapehead - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 10:41 AM)JBLAZE_THE_BOSS Wrote:Too late they already did. Says a lot when your "coach" doesnt even introduce himself to you or explain anything and relies on Shaka and timeconsumer to do the work for him.
:lol: keep throwing that tantrum over a sim

Otters Make The Switch: Berc To Start Week 3 - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 09:20 AM)Grapehead Wrote::lol: keep throwing that tantrum over a sim

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

You can release me any time youd like. If it's only a sim this shouldn't be a big deal. Just go right on over to the transactions page and post that youre releasing me. Dont need a backup QB anyway and I'm definitely never gonna change positions for you, so release me.

Other teams-Ill gladly switch positions to fit in.

Otters- Name me the starter or release/trade me

Easy enough

Otters Make The Switch: Berc To Start Week 3 - daBenchwarmer - 06-15-2017

shut up merc