International Simulation Football League
**Unofficial* Prospect Bowl Awards - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: **Unofficial* Prospect Bowl Awards (/showthread.php?tid=12640)

Pages: 1 2

**Unofficial* Prospect Bowl Awards - SouljaBoy2007 - 03-16-2019

Hey y'all, prospect bowl doesn't really matter for anything but lets do awards anyway because that's fun and maybe it will give a GM some reasoning to draft someone. I'm gonna go from smallest award to biggest award and I won't give awards to bot players. These are totally unofficial and I have no power to enforce who actually wins. If someone wants to make a sig because their player won that would be cool but I've never used photoshop so... Anyway lets just jump into it!

Punter of the Year: Alex Dasistwirklichseinnachname

He led all player created kickers/punters in punts inside the 20 by a large margin and his slightly lower punt average shows that he's a bit of wizard at avoiding touchbacks and getting coffin corners. A good punter can be a big part of a team and Alex 'this is what copy paste is for' Dasistwirklichseinnachname was reminiscent of a guy like Sam Koch or Michael Dickson with his skillful punts that seemed to always go exactly where he wanted them to and how we wanted them to.

Kicker of the Year: Paul Dimirio III

Dimirio led all kickers in attempts with 12 and didn't miss a single one, He did miss an extra point but you have to remember that that's a 32 yard kick. Of the other contestants, Dasistwirklichseinnachname missed 2 field goals, one from inside 30 yards and Clutch didn't have enough attempts. Dimirio also led all qualifying kickers in combined kick percentage with 94.7%, for perspective Adam Vinatieri hits about 91.9% of his, though that is with a much larger sample size.

DB of the Year: Andrew Solomon

Andrew Solomon has been absolutely phenomenal. 11 pass defenses, which is 3 more than the next closest, 3 picks, and the craziest stat of 2 pick sixes all in 5 games! These stats, like a lot of defensive stats are slightly inflated by poor QB play. Why would a QB even glance in his direction after seeing those stats. No other DB was even that close to what Solomon did this year and he deserves this award. (Editors note: I was thinking of doing a CB of the year and S of the year but I didn't want to be tempted to give it to my own player so I just went with DB so that the best of the whole group would be recognized as such)

LB of the Year: Allen Josh

This one was really tough, deciding between Josh and Gabagool wasn't easy but I think Josh's stats are a bit more impressive. 5 sacks and 5 pass defenses show a very versatile LB who isn't a liability in any situation. Gabagool had 6 more tackles, and interception, and a FF but the sacks and pass defenses really jumped out to me. Josh could be an edge rusher, like his reverse namesake or he could be Bobby Wagner type middle patrolling linebacker who doesn't allow any completions in his zone. The versatility is the main deciding factor between these two great LBs

DL of the Year: Mick Moekr

This one was pretty easy, while Moekr wasn't getting to the QB as much as some of his counterparts on the DL, he was great against the run and was getting quite a few tackles at the DE spot. Moekr was also one of just 3 players with a safety so that's interesting. With his run stopping ability, a team may want to play him at DT but he was great at DE anyway.

OL of the Year: Brave Ulysses

Ulysses was very far ahead of all other player created lineman. He tied for second with 22 pancakes and the only one to beat him was a Bot who allowed 5 sacks. The next closest player to Ulysses in terms of pancakes is a RB/FB Kermit Stronglegs with 13. At the time of writing this, Brave is also still in the OL survivor pool and I have my money on him to get all the way through this season with 0 sacks allowed.

Reciever of the Year: Mister Big Chest

MBC! MBC! He had an amazing year for how bad the QB play was. One of just 4 recievers who were on pace for 1000 yards over a full 16 game season and one of just 2 who had a TD. I decided to give him the award over Dashawn Jackson just based on yards and YPC, as MBC had 23 more yards on 2 less catches. This was a very close race for this award but MBC just edged out Jackson in my eyes, maybe others see it differently but this is my articleSmile

RB of the Year: Terry Taffy

Best player or fan favorite were the options I had and I went with best player. I know many people like Gump, 3 of 4 QBs said Gump was their favorite player outside of them in interviews. But it's hard to argue with what Taffy did this season. He had 95 less yards than Gump but his Yards Per Carry was .7 higher and he had 6 touchdowns to Gump's 1. He had twice as many touchdowns as the 2nd RB. Taffy is also in contention for other awards so keep reading to find out how he does.

QB of the Year: John Tebow

This one makes me laugh a little bit for a few reasons:
1. John Tebow might be the most christian name possible
2. This is better than Tim would've done by quite a bit, I didn't know a Tebow could have almost 60% completion
3. My criteria for picking this was because he was the only QB with more TDs than INTs
Anyway, Tebow was definitely the best, leading the league in QBR and TDs without too many INTs,
*cough*Jaroppolo*cough* and he leads a playoff team, he was an easy selection

OPOY: Terry Taffy

Told you he was contending for other awards. RB was the only position on offense except OL that really performed exceptionally and Taffy was the best at the best offensive position. His only real competition for this award was Brave Ulysses but I just can't give OPOY to an OL and Taffy's stats are more impressive, at this pace over 16 games he'd be at almost 2000 yards and 20 TDs which is and NFL MVP type season. Taffy was just too good to not win this award. IMO this is one of those races that looks closer than it is, like Harden vs Westbrook from a few seasons back.

DPOY: Andrew Solomon

DBs don't normally win DPOY but he'd be second in recieving touchdowns with his numbers. I'll leave it there.

MVP: Terry Taffy

Taffy with the triple crown!! This is a pretty formulaic MVP pick, but best player on the best team should be the MVP unless someone does something pretty much unheard of. Taffy was so far ahead of all other players save for a few and he was definitely the most VALUABLE. Ulysses was great but he is just 1 of 5 starting offensive lineman. Solomon was very good as well but a CB can only do so much. Taffy just did the most for his team and his team was first in the best division.

1216 words

**Unofficial* Prospect Bowl Awards - PaytonM34 - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 03:52 PM)SouljaBoy2007 Wrote:OL of the Year: Bum Ulysses

Ulysses was very far ahead of all other player created lineman. He tied for second with 22 pancakes and the only one to beat him was a Bot who allowed 5 sacks. The next closest player to Ulysses in terms of pancakes is a RB/FB Kermit Stronglegs with 13. At the time of writing this, Bum is also still in the OL survivor pool and I have my money on him to get all the way through this season with 0 sacks allowed.

Did @Beaver put you up to this

Also thanks for the shout out Smile

(03-16-2019, 03:56 PM)PaytonM34 Wrote:Did @Beaver put you up to this

Also thanks for the shout out Smile
Haha, so sorry, the index said B. Ulysses and when I searched up Ulysses I got an article from Beaver lol. I fixed it up once I saw you sig.

**Unofficial* Prospect Bowl Awards - PaytonM34 - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 04:00 PM)SouljaBoy2007 Wrote:Haha, so sorry, the index said B. Ulysses and when I searched up Ulysses I got an article from Beaver lol. I fixed it up once I saw you sig.

Hahaha no worries, beavers gonna love it tho

**Unofficial* Prospect Bowl Awards - DCross - 03-16-2019

THE ABSOLUTE DISRESPEKT TO THE TE POSITION

(03-16-2019, 04:49 PM)DCross Wrote:THE ABSOLUTE DISRESPEKT TO THE TE POSITION

TEs were grouped with receivers because there weren't many

**Unofficial* Prospect Bowl Awards - Beaver - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 04:00 PM)SouljaBoy2007 Wrote:Haha, so sorry, the index said B. Ulysses and when I searched up Ulysses I got an article from Beaver lol. I fixed it up once I saw you sig.
Lmaooooooooooooo this is my favorite thing to happen so far this offseason.

**Unofficial* Prospect Bowl Awards - ValorX77 - 03-16-2019

How inaccurate is this? Very inaccurate

**Unofficial* Prospect Bowl Awards - CalvinP - 03-16-2019

Great write up

**Unofficial* Prospect Bowl Awards - SouljaBoy2007 - 03-17-2019

(03-16-2019, 07:38 PM)ValorX77 Wrote:How inaccurate is this? Very inaccurate
I know all of these players didn’t have an 87 yard rushing TD but this is just how I felt the awards should go, feel free to list yours