International Simulation Football League
DTs Dominating the Trenches, The League Responds - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: DTs Dominating the Trenches, The League Responds (/showthread.php?tid=1265)

Pages: 1 2

DTs Dominating the Trenches, The League Responds - Blake Bortles - 06-15-2017

The Nike "Speed-75" is a new shoe product that they are releasing, proclaiming that it will make you faster.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: YnsqL7S.png][/div]
But what's special about these new Nike shoes? Well the typical football cleats look something like this:
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: SM48UbT.png][/div]
Spot the difference? General football cleats have spikes in front and spikes in back, helping to prevent slipping and sliding on a grassy surface. The Speed-75, however, is more similar to track-and-field cleats than it is to football cleats. Track-and-field cleats only have spikes in front and have a thinly padded heel, which is not made to put pressure on during running. That is made to aid the track-and-field style of running, that involves running using primarily the forefoot, and leaving the pressure off the rest of it.

Now how does this pertain to the NSFL? Players in the NSFL have started to use the Nike "Speed-75", particularly players at the Defensive Tackle position. I know, that's probably not the position you'd think would be using sprinter's shoes. What that's causing is that the initial push by the big defensive lineman will be significantly stronger, and they can get to the quarterback significantly faster. However, there is an issue with that too. The style of running in track-and-field is not made to be combined with contact.

Using a track and field style of running and shoes could significantly increase the rate of injury among players at the defensive tackle position. Running like that flexes nearly all of the muscles in your calf, which makes that part of your body vulnerable. You wouldn't think that defensive tackles would get hit on their calf, but in the chaos of the game that probably happens regularly. In addition, that method of running increases the likelihood of tearing your hamstring or gastrocnemius.

In order to prevent the multitude of issues that could be caused by these shoes and the methods surrounding them, the NSFL will be banning them at the end of the season. The players who have the shoes will be fully reimbursed in shopping points that can be used to buy any NSFL gear. For the rest of the season it will be allowed, but NSFL executives stress that any player who uses those shoes and style of running do so with extreme caution, as an injury is likely.

So who are the players who use Speed-75?
Bert Metas (@Bertiswho, SaberCats), Romeo Devitt (@Evans, Otters), and J.J. Reigns (@Shaka, Otters)
Thank you for reading!

DTs Dominating the Trenches, The League Responds - White Cornerback - 06-15-2017

I was wondering how you would write this article, mainly what angle you would take. Great article, one thing I would recommend is fixing your formatiing, eg something like aligning pictures to the center goes a long way! Good read though!

DTs Dominating the Trenches, The League Responds - dropbear - 06-15-2017

Awesome article man! Great take on the issue, too. It would have been so easy to roll with a PED scandal Smile)

I agree regarding the formatting. Cleaning things up would go a long way. But that said, your content is great and I'm happy you're a SaberCat!

SJS SJS

DTs Dominating the Trenches, The League Responds - timeconsumer - 06-15-2017

Good article, but I disagree on nerfing DTs. I want them bigger, faster, and stronger. You can put a rhino in at DT and I'll pancake him.

DTs Dominating the Trenches, The League Responds - Blake Bortles - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 09:53 AM)Dermot Wrote:I was wondering how you would write this article, mainly what angle you would take. Great article, one thing I would recommend is fixing your formatiing, eg something like aligning pictures to the center goes a long way! Good read though!
(06-15-2017, 10:04 AM)BenLongshaw Wrote:Awesome article man! Great take on the issue, too. It would have been so easy to roll with a PED scandal  Smile)

I agree regarding the formatting. Cleaning things up would go a long way. But that said, your content is great and I'm happy you're a SaberCat!

SJS  SJS

Thanks! I tried to clean it up a little. Does this work better?

DTs Dominating the Trenches, The League Responds - adam2552 - 06-15-2017

Awesome job here. This is exactly what we want with this type of stuff. A writer to take the headline and run with their own idea. Great job.

DTs Dominating the Trenches, The League Responds - dropbear - 06-15-2017

(06-16-2017, 01:30 AM)Blake Bortles Wrote:Thanks! I tried to clean it up a little. Does this work better?

Massive improvement man! Looks a lot more inviting now and really simple to follow Smile

DTs Dominating the Trenches, The League Responds - Bertiswho - 06-15-2017

I got them Fred Flintstone feet.

DTs Dominating the Trenches, The League Responds - 7hawk77 - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 11:10 AM)Bertiswho Wrote:I got them Fred Flintstone feet.

Well our mascot is prehistoric so it fits :rofl:

DTs Dominating the Trenches, The League Responds - Anti-Hype - 06-15-2017

These "Speed 75s" are dangerous and should be banned from the NSFL. Nothing above Speed 70's allowed.
Tongue Tongue

Great read hahaha gave me a good chuckle.