International Simulation Football League
A Storm is Brewing in the Desert - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: A Storm is Brewing in the Desert (/showthread.php?tid=1272)

Pages: 1 2 3

A Storm is Brewing in the Desert - ErMurazor - 06-15-2017

By Clark Kent

Is there a storm in the desert?

It appears there might be trouble in Arizona. After an embarrassing loss in week two against the San Jose Saber Cats there are reports that there is some conflict in the Outlaws locker room.
The rumors started after an abysmal offense performance in game 1 against the Orange County Otters. The offense was carried to a victory on the back of an impressive defensive showing that included turnovers and touch downs.

It looked like the offense may improve, the Arizona front office went out and signed rookie free agent Tim Pest to a sizeable two million dollar contract to start on the offensive line. Unfortunately, the additional salary cap devoted to the offensive line did not appear to make a large impact.

The Outlaws running back committee was able to rush for over 100 yards, but they only turned them into 10 points. Up and coming quarterback Draxel paid the largest price for the offensive struggles; a game where he was sacked 12 times. Yes, folks, TWELVE SACKS IN A GAME!

Draxel is probably still feeling the beating he took today. In the early hours he took to social media and announced his frustrating with the league, which culminated in a retirement announcement. After the media, Outlaws team, and the rest of the league scrambled for a few hours Draxel retracted his statement of retirement, but confirmed his frustrations.

The rumors go deeper with reports that Draxel’s frustrations are directed at the league given him unfair treatment, not his fellow players on the offensive line. The league has reported an investigation is underway to see if Draxel or any other players were victims of uneven treatment by members of the league office. Perhaps we’ll see the NSFL develop a player’s union similar to some of the other major sporting leagues.

It is also important to note that while Draxel was under pressure, he did not come out and play lights out. Draxel was just 18/34, throwing one touchdown and two hundred yards, with a quarterback rating of 80.5.
Four of the sacks Draxel took came from unblocked defenders that simply overwhelmed the offense and the young quarterback with blitzes. It looks like there might be some offensive soul searching that needs to be done by the Outlaws’ staff if they’re going to come up with an answer for the blitz.

Offensive lineman Sharp (@adamantium) gave up two sacks and had two penalties for 18 yards. He’s a guy who has simply not shown commitment to the team or the league.

Bigboy is another guy that was responsible for giving up 3 sacks, with nothing else done throughout the game to redeem himself. To be honest, he’s probably not a guy that should even have a roster spot in this league.

Finally, rookie running back Newman (@mnewman19, who was just in conversations for securing the starting role found himself giving up 3 sacks. While he made some plays in the passing game as a blocker he clearly needs to work on his strength and pass protection if he wants to get playing time in this league.
Veteran offensive lineman Alex Thomas (@Pandar) was one of two diamonds in the rough for the Arizona offense, he gave up 0 sacks and secured 3 pancakes.

A surprise for the Outlaws was newly signed free agent Pest(@`TimPest`) who gave up 0 sacks and 6 pancakes, in his first game of the season. As the arguably best player on the Outlaws offensive line we were able to talk to Pest and he was quoted saying. He’s “here to get a paycheck…I did my job. Don’t blame this loss on me.”

We were able to speak with some other sources in the Outlaw’s locker room, here’s what they had to say about the performance of the offense:
Defensive tackle Arbin Asipi (@DeathOnReddit) told us, “They sucked.” Asipi notched two tackles in last night’s contest.

Wide receiver Lincoln Jefferson (@adam2552 said “Funny thing is, dude who we just claimed off the waivers…had 6 pancakes and 0 sacks allowed.” What exactly is going on in their practices that the rookie off the streets is the best guy on their line, statistically? Lincoln did lead the team in receptions and yards, with 5 receptions for 64 yards.

Defensive end Jayce Tuck said, “We’re trying to win as a team. The offensive is going to keep working and I’m going to keep working. I need to step up and help out our offense by making big plays. We know this defense can generate points and turnovers, which will take the pressure of Draxel and the offensive line. I’m just glad he is sticking around to lead that offense. We have a championship to chase.” Tuck had 2 sacks in the game, the only on the defense, as well as a tackle for loss.

The Arizona Outlaws general manager has come out and privately told the team he is going to be taking drastic steps to revamp and improve the offense he put together. Based on the word I am getting from the players, they do not seem too impressed with what he has proposed to them thus far. If the Outlaws want to maintain control in their locker room and faith in their leadership, we expect a public statement to come out shortly assuring everyone, especially the players and fans, that they are taking every step available to them to right the ship and make their offense into at least an average unit in the league that can put up points and win a few games down the stretch.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the Outlaws’ locker room. For now Draxel is sticking around and leadership has rallied around their guy. But that offensive line needs some help. There are rumors swirling of calls to other GMs looking for trades as well as trying out other guys on the team from positions with depth at the offensive line.

I’ll be keeping my ear to the ground and monitoring this particular story closely.

Code:
1010 words

A Storm is Brewing in the Desert - DeathOnReddit - 06-15-2017

Look! Im in an article.

A Storm is Brewing in the Desert - Anti-Hype - 06-15-2017

GOD DAMN shit sounds bad in Arizona. Don't give up on your squad so quick folks. =/

A Storm is Brewing in the Desert - White Cornerback - 06-15-2017

Maybe Draxel should stay retired if getting sacked in a game of FOOTBALL makes him contemplate retirement . Weak. Great article though man!

A Storm is Brewing in the Desert - RainDelay - 06-15-2017

San Jose is the only non-shitshow in the conference, I take it.

A Storm is Brewing in the Desert - ADwyer87 - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 01:58 PM)Anti-Hype Wrote:GOD DAMN shit sounds bad in Arizona. Don't give up on your squad so quick folks. =/
stuff is fine, no one is giving up!

A Storm is Brewing in the Desert - ADwyer87 - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 03:26 PM)Dermot Wrote:Maybe Draxel should stay retired if getting sacked in a game of FOOTBALL makes him contemplate retirement .
was a joke based on earlier stuff Draxel said. this game didn't make him upset, something else did, but it makes a cooler article here

A Storm is Brewing in the Desert - Kendrick - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 03:21 PM)RainDelay Wrote:San Jose is the only non-shitshow in the conference, I take it.
With who they got at QB, they'll crumble soon enough.

A Storm is Brewing in the Desert - Esa77 - 06-15-2017

ARI

A Storm is Brewing in the Desert - Perkules - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 05:53 PM)Kendrick Wrote:With who they got at QB, they'll crumble soon enough.

Didn't have any issues with you fuck boys.