International Simulation Football League
(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day (/showthread.php?tid=12811)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Bigred1580 - 03-24-2019

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. All graphic responses must show at least some effort. Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S14 claim thread.

This task is due next Sunday, March 31st, and 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: This record setting DSFL draft class got us all reminiscing about our own drafts, and the day our player's career changed forever. For this point task, write about the day your name was called. Whether it was being picked earlier than expected, or waiting all day in the green room. Maybe your family hosted a special event that evening. You could describe the phone call you received from the coach and/or GM.

Or

Graphic Option: Create a graphic showing the event in question. Whether it's shaking hands with the commish, holding up your new jersey, celebrating with family, arguing with your agent, or just show something from that day. Must include a player render, and something that happened.

Reminder, Graphic Options are unable to be submitted for GFX grades. It is either one or the other.

As always, you can link your affiliate PT:
SHL,
GOMHL,
NSHL,
PBE

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Raven - 03-24-2019

Quote:Written Option: This record setting DSFL draft class got us all reminiscing about our own drafts, and the day our player's career changed forever. For this point task, write about the day your name was called. Whether it was being picked earlier than expected, or waiting all day in the green room. Maybe your family hosted a special event that evening. You could describe the phone call you received from the coach and/or GM.

I remember my draft like it was yesterday, mostly because it happened this offseason. A long awaited moment had finally come true and it was time for my name to be called out during the NSFL Draft. Many early reports had reported me going second overall to the Baltimore Hawks and after all the chats I had with the Baltimore Staff this was my prefered destination. There's something magical about the Hawks which just drew me in.

Me and my family all went to the draft event expecting me to go early on and that sure happened. It was time for the Second Pick and the Baltimore GM stood on the podium. I could see him do a quick gaze around the room and met eyes with him. He smiled and then leaned to the microphone... "With the second overall pick in season 14 NSFL draft, the Baltimore Hawks, select. CORVO HAVRAN, from the Tijuana Luchadores.

My heart started racing and I went down to the podium. I shook hands with the commish and my new GM and was given a jersey.

That night was full of partying with family and friends and much anticipation to get the season started again.

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - infinitempg - 03-24-2019

oh fuck these are due at midnight EST now? welp.

first missed pt since S5 Sad

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Rising Equinox - 03-24-2019

When my name was called during the draft, I was very surprised and excited for so many reasons. There were so many great players in this past draft class that there could've been so many different outcomes. After the first round, I don't think anybody could have really accurately predicted who was going to be picked when and where they would go to. I'm not going to lie; I was actually somewhat surprised to here my name being called as early as it was, #27, and by the team that drafted me, Portland Pythons. Up until the unofficial draft class TPE ranking was released, I didn't even realize how high up on the boards I possibly could be. So, I never really expected to go as early as I did, even though I really wanted to. Also, although the Pythons were one of the few teams to contact me prior to the draft, I honestly expected to go to one of the expansion teams, specifically the Solar Bears, because they showed their interest in me earlier than any other team. Overall, it was a very exciting day, and I can't wait to get to work and start playing for my team. I will try my hardest to be the best player I can be.

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Air Crou - 03-24-2019

Draft day. How was my draft day? I can't say I was disappointed. I was picked as I expected, 6th round. I mean, being the 4th best safety in the class, I never thought I could slide lower. What surprised me though is that it took 3 full rounds till a safety was picked. I mean, defensive backs are quite demanded in the league, most due to their versatility. I was surprised I was picked by Norfolk as well. I mean, the Seawolves were not a team to really get in contact with me. I don't even recall speaking to any of their GMs. It was mostly the Polar Bears, followed by the Pythons and the Luchadores. Did I ever think I would end up on a team on rebuilding process? Obviously. Did I want to be in one? Absolutely. I mean, even if they draft to win now, nobody expects you to win. Hence the benefit of the doubt takes pressue off of your shoulders, allowing you to perform better. #31 overall pick, 6th rounder. Am I a steal? I doubt it. Will teams feel bad for passing on me? Well, that's on me to prove... We will see what the future holds.

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - JVMjrDOT - 03-24-2019

PBE PT

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - br0_0ker - 03-24-2019

I was sitting at home, watching the draft on television with my team from high school. Right around the time I thought I was going to be picked, we started having wifi connectivity issues, so we actually missed my name being called. But I'll tell ya, it was a hoot watching the video of the call, finally having people know how to pronounce my name and to the Seawolves no less! I definitely thought I'd be taking a more developmental role, but to be lining up marquee opposite Brock Landers, it's a dream come true. We had talked to Coach previously about the possibility of being taken by Norfolk, but with our network out we had no idea where I was being drafted. When my WR coach heard I got taken right at the top of the fourth, man he nearly fainted. I used to wear number nineteen during high school as a sort of tribute to him, since he was nineteen when he got the bone-marrow disease that stopped him from being able to play football. I told him, Coach, I'll wear number nineteen and every time I run across the endline it'll be like I'm running one in for ya. Well, it just meant a lot to him to be picked nineteenth overall, there really just weren't words to describe it.

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Duilio05 - 03-24-2019

I spent the S14 DSFL draft at home in Kuna, Idaho with family, friends, and supporters. We opened up the family barn with music blasting and a banquet to feed on. You ever tried Rocky Mountain Oysters? Had a nice big project and white sheet that we displayed the draft on for everyone to view.

I didn’t want to spend all day nervously fidgeting in anxiety. I knew Richard D’Attoria, with the advantage of playing a few DSFL games already, was the top safety in this draft class and it’d be unrealistic that’d I’d be selected before him. Add in the knowledge that all GMs get drafted in the second round; who knows how far down the draft order I’d finally be picked. That would be a long time of waiting that I’d rather spend with those that matter the most to me.

All offseason leading up to the draft my goal was to be one of the first 3 safeties picked. I had a few meetings with many of the DSFL GMs talking about my career goals and what they look for in a player. It was from those meetings that I learned just how valuable being the fastest player on the field is. So every bit of training I managed to get in before the draft was focused on that task - to be the fastest player on the field. I know I’m still behind a few, but I know my speed was key to me being the 2nd safety picked in the S14 DSFL draft.

When my name was called at pick #28 my entire family screamed and shouted with joy. We were hugging and jumping with excitement. Pictures were taken to commemorate the moment. Someone busted a bottle of champagne out and sprayed me and everyone else with it. I had a smile on my face for an entire week, I had finished another one of my many goals.

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - gucci - 03-24-2019

Draft day way a rough one for Brock Landers. He came into the draft expecting fame and glory. Expecting his legend to grow to new heights that night. What he got was completely different. As the hours passed and the draft announcers made dad jokes and fawned over players destined to be huge busts, Landers watched on as his name went uncalled. He continued waiting, and he watched as 4 other QBs got their moment before him. Finally, Norfolk drafted him to be a backup QB. This didn't fly for Landers.

He realized that the best chance he had to remain committed to the DSFL was to be playing week-in week-out. That wasn't an option so long as he chose to remain a quarterback. That night, before he even left the building, he met with the Norfolk GM's and discussed a position change that he believed would benefit both him personally as well as the SeaWolves.

So a night that began with so much hope and optimism turned into a nightmare, but Landers was able to see himself out of the darkness and into a new opportunity. That night killed Brock Landers the wild boy QB and created Brock Landers the budding superstar receiver.

Code:
204 Words

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - 124715 - 03-24-2019

I've been drafted twice, once with Richard D'Attoria V (that was just a few days ago) and another with Paul DiMirio (S2 draft, without which the league may never have survived, was almost 2 years ago). With DiMirio, I was at a boy scout camp for the week of the draft. I walked around the area, chasing a signal to find the results, even though I was pretty sure I'd be going to the expansion Liberty with the 23rd overall pick. Why? Well, only four teams had reached out to me (the Outlaws, the Otters, the Wraiths, and the Liberty) and Philly was the only one I really had extensive conversations with. Plus, Philly said they might take me in the second if I agreed to position switch to LB, which I didn't want to do. Funny story - I was soooo close to switching to QB before S3, but that never happened. I would like to visit that alternate reality sometime. But as I refreshed the page and saw the first 22 picks in, I figured I would be going next. I wasn't the first TE off the board - the Liberty drafted Perry Tucker 21st OA, even though he immediately switched to LB before the season started. But just two picks later, they snagged me and I got the chance to start my career in that awesome LR.

Code: