International Simulation Football League
*NSFL MVP Rankings (Week 2 & 3) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *NSFL MVP Rankings (Week 2 & 3) (/showthread.php?tid=12888)

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Week 2 & 3) - nickyvmlp - 03-30-2019

With three games now in the book for each team, we have a much better idea of in what direction the MVP race will go. Single-game anomalies are fading out while consistent, sustained success can be properly rewarded. Here's who I'd put my MVP votes toward, if I had any (which I do not).

1. SJS Sabercats QB Joliet L. Christ (Prev.: 1st) (@`AndrewWarren13`)

How can anyone look at what Joliet L. Christ is doing and not think MVP? This guy is leading the league in a ridiculous amount of categories: passer rating, passing touchdowns (tie), fewest interceptions (tie), completion percentage, rushing yards by a quarterback. The top performances page has Christ with the 1st, 2nd, and 8th best performances of the season. These are Madden levels of production. Madden on rookie difficulty. Unless someone else on this list puts it into overdrive, and takes their great play to a whole nother level, Christ will run away with the MVP. Christ Almighty.

2. BAL Hawks QB Childish Gambino (Prev.: 2nd) (@Renrut)

If anyone can make a legitimate run at Christ, it's Baltimore's Gambino. All three of his performances so far this season have been superb, even his Week 2 loss to Orange County. He's got nearly 1,000 yards on the season, is tied for the lead in passing TD's, is right behind Christ in a lot of the stats that he's leading in. The Hawks are definitely playing like a playoff team on offense. If their defense can catch up to them, Gambino might not just win MVP, but maybe an Ultimus as well.

3. SJS Sabercats LB Chad Pennington (Prev.: NR) (@caltroit_red_flames)

There's a whole host of people on the Sabercats defense I could put on here (Sackerman and the Tucks come to mind), but it's hard to argue against Chad Pennington. 26 tackles on the season so far, good for a tie for 2nd in the league along with two sacks and two TFLs. Pennington's a maxed out player at nearly every position and has already pulled down a Defensive Player of the Year during his time in Yellowknife, him picking up an MVP may not be a radical thought if he keeps up this pace.

4. BAL Hawks WR Vinny Valentine (Prev.: NR) (@Unicorn)

Last time, I had a really hard time deciding which Hawks receiver should get the sixth and final spot in these rankings, Vinny Valentine or Verso L'Alto. I went with L'Alto, but since then Valentine has been making me regret that decision. VV has had at the minimum a 5-95-1 statline in every game so far this season. He's got remarkably good hands as well, with only one drop on the season so far. His 330 receiving yards gives him the current edge on the season for most receiving yards, and his connection with Childish Gambino should keep those yards coming in spades.

5. COL Yeti QB Micycle McCormick (Prev.: NR) (@infinitempg)

McCormick's season has been steadily gaining in momentum. From a mediocre performance in Week 1 at San Jose, to a solid day in Week 2 vs. Philly, to a day for the record books in Week 3 at Arizona. More than 400 yards and 5 TDs are more than enough to grab the league's attention. Colorado had a brutal first two weeks, matching up with only two undefeated teams left, as of time of this writing. Despite that, McCormick is either on par with, or only slightly behind Christ and Gambino in all of the major passing categories. With Colorado's season easing up just a bit, we might start to see McCormick's MVP chances go up from here.

6. YKW Wraiths RB Dick Wizardry (Prev.: NR) (@AdamS)

The final spot was a tough call between Dick Wizardry, Vladimir Fyodorovich, or Kazimir Oles, and what ultimately led me to choose Wizardry over the other two was that Vlad and Kaz's best games came earlier in the season. Wizardry has been hot lately, leading me to believe he's going to continue that positive momentum. In his last two games, he's had at least 100 rushing yards, at least one touchdown, and six receptions. He's doing it all right now for the Wraiths, and their success depends on him. If Dick's having a good day, then Yellowknife is having a good day.

741 words

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Week 2 & 3) - Trautner - 03-30-2019

I really look forward to this being a recurring series!

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Week 2 & 3) - infinitempg - 03-30-2019

*checks email*

"Oh hey, I was tagged, interesting."

*opens link*

MVP Rankings??? I'm honored you think I'm an MVP candidate! That being said, this is gonna be a two horse race between Gambino and Christ I think.

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Week 2 & 3) - Duilio05 - 03-30-2019

You are killing it with media articles. Keep up the good writing.

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Week 2 & 3) - nickyvmlp - 03-31-2019

(03-30-2019, 09:56 PM)infinitempg Wrote:*checks email*

"Oh hey, I was tagged, interesting."

*opens link*

MVP Rankings??? I'm honored you think I'm an MVP candidate! That being said, this is gonna be a two horse race between Gambino and Christ I think.

Yeah but if I only post with two people, that's not gonna get me much money, and would get boring after a few weeks lol

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Week 2 & 3) - AdamS - 03-31-2019

I appreciate the mention and I hope to crash the party as the year goes on

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Week 2 & 3) - Renrut - 03-31-2019

(03-31-2019, 01:16 AM)AdamS Wrote:I appreciate the mention and I hope to crash the party as the year goes on

I don’t. I already have it tough trying to catch Christ, I don’t need more competition up top.