International Simulation Football League
Player Insights: Mayran Jackson - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Player Insights: Mayran Jackson (/showthread.php?tid=1293)

Player Insights: Mayran Jackson - ErMurazor - 06-16-2017

Player Insights: Mayran Jackson
By Clark Kent

This week we’re going to look at the most dynamic safety duo the in NSFL and its leader, Mayan Jacson.
After catching headlines a few weeks ago for being a hero, Mayran Jackson is now being a hero to the Outlaws’ inaugural season. Jackson has stepped up as one of the leaders in the Arizona locker room, working behind the scenes to get his team some wins.

Jackson is a speedy, rangy safety with a good head on his shoulders. In the heat of the moment you’ll find him barking orders and laying the wood. He typically serves as the last line of defense for the Outlaws defense. When other parts of the defense breakdown, Jackson is there to prevent the scoring play.

Complimenting Jackson is another safety with the size and instincts to make plays. If Mayran Jackson is the lightning, Ryan Flock is definitely the thunder. Flock really shines when he plays underneath. He can cover underneath routes with the best of him and is not afraid to put his head down and hit the running back in the hole, in fact he seems to relish in it. Flock leads all safeties in the league in tackles, and sometimes he looks like a linebacker with the way he plays in the trenches. He is physical against the run and attacking tight ends off the line and he doesn’t miss tackles. Flock’s aggressiveness, and effectiveness, against the run enable Jackson to help corners break up passes and make wide receivers regret trying to make them.

Personally, I think the soundness in the play of this dynamic safety duo allows the corners to play aggressive and generate turn overs, a category where the Outlaws lead the league.

We took some time to talk to a few of Mayran Jackson’s teammates and fellow busty young women enthusiasts, Ryan Flock—his partner in crime, and Jayce Tuck—the leader of the front end of the defense.

Here’s what they had to say:

Kent: Lets talk about Mayran Jackson.

Ryan Flock: Ok, story time- When I was drafted, there was all this talk about Mayran not being happy being drafted to our team. Watching all these outlets, and listening to the media, you would've thought he was a huge asshole. Hell, I even thought that, but what they didn't report to you is what happened after he inked his deal.

Mayran has been one of the biggest locker room presences on the defense, if not the whole team. When we walked into OTA's and Minicamp, the defense was rallying around Jayce and Mayran, and the chemistry started to build very early. I consider myself a great silent leader, but these two were vocal like I've never seen. I'm always the first one to practice, but these guys make it look like a race. Sometimes I leave before them, too. When I experienced that, I knew these were the guys I was going to build with. They are some of the best teammates I've ever had the chance to meet and get to know, we're already great friends off the field, hell, we all even bought houses on the same street!”

Kent: Is there anything else we should know about Mayran?

Flock: Let me tell you this, too, Mayran cookouts are better than anything you could imagine. He has some secret rib dry rub and sauce combo. It's to die for. I never eat as many ribs as I do over his house

Kent: Tell us about Mayran’s playstyle and how you guys work together on the field.

Flock: Mayran is as rangy as they come, and probably has the best hands of any DB I've ever seen. He's always causing problems for opposing teams, it makes my job so much easier! If hes constantly causing the QB to check out of a read, it gives our pass rush that much more time to cause pressure. While we might not have the sack stats, I can assure you our big guys up front are causing hell down there for the Quarterback. It shows in our games so far. We lead the league in interceptions because of it!

I feel like I'm very similar to Mayran. We are both fast, rangy safeties with excellent instincts. While he might be better at jumping routes or reading the QB than me, I feel like I'm better underneath than he is, hence why I've been slotted as a Strong Safety this year. You can trust both of us in coverage, and we are a force down low. We aren't afraid to hit the Running Back or Fullback in the hole, and we damn sure aren't afraid to put our body on the line to give our team a goalline stand.

I believe I am one of, if not the best, at open-field tackling. I don't miss tackles, and I don't allow big plays. As safeties, we are the last line of defense, and I take pride in keeping big plays from happening. If I have to play Strong Safety alongside Mayran my entire career, it would be an honor, and I promise you I will be the most physical Strong Safety to play the game. My Free Safety instincts will never go away, and I will only improve at my new position.

I trust Mayran in the deep third preventing big passes, while I stop all the short and intermediate plays from developing. I don't give up big runs, and I don't allow any run after the catch to pass me. If I'm not in the right spot, or the QB is able to go through his reads and avoid me, you better believe Mayran is right there to teach the ball carrier a lesson. Hell, even Isaiah is waiting for that ball. Me and Mayran are going to be the best safety duo in the league, and we are going to build one of the most dominant defenses, quote me on it!

Kent: Jayce how do you feel sharing the spot light with another guy on the defense? In college you were the de-facto face of the defense.

Jayce Tuck: Look, I’m here to win games. I don’t have a problem sharing the spot light with anybody on this team. We’re a family that put it all on the field every single week. If people are going to step up to help us bring a championship to Arizona, I’ll be the first one to support them.

Kent: Does it ever get complicated having two leaders on defense?

Jayce: Not at all. Mayran and I are on the same page on game days. We spend time watching film, so when we’re on the field we know exactly what the other guy is thinking. This allows Mayran to coordinate the backend of the defense while I work with keeping the front seven focused and on task. We’ve got some young, up and coming guys on this line that I think can be great if we keep putting in the work together.

Kent: I have heard from a lot of people in the league that have told me, quite simply, Mayran Jackson is an asshole. Would you care to share?

Jayce: Laughing. Sure man. I can see that. The first time I met Jackson it was the day after the draft. Me, Mayran, and Reg were arriving at the Outlaws’ facility and meeting the staff, the media, some fans, etc. And this guy is pissed he’s got to move to Arizona. He’s not happy he was drafted here, etc. I didn’t say shit but I’m thinking, “This guy just got drafted #6 overall and he’s bitching? He’s living the fucking dream.” To be honest, I was not happy to have this guy on my team.

Later that day Mayran signed his deal and has been all Outlaws all day since. He is willing to help out rookies, he’s signing autographs for the fans, and he has been vocal and active in the locker room and on the field. Jackson is going to come out and fight for his team and teammates. I do not think anybody on this team would say he has not been a big part of the team’s success or that he does not care about his teammates. Sure, if you are not part of this organization, you may not like him, but he probably does not like you either. Mayran is all about his boys and the rest of the league, including the league itself, is against us.

Kent: If your team is so close, would you care to elaborate on the rumors swirling around the offense and some of the defense’s comments about the offense and QB Vincent Draxel considering retirement?

Jayce: Do you have siblings? Shit. You can say things to your brother that you wouldn’t say to your coworker. When you call a teammate shit on this team. It is not because you’re trying to insult them, it is probably because they played like shit and you need to call them out on that. We don’t want people on this team to be content with mediocre football. When a guy like Arbin Asipi calls out the offense, it’s to motivate them. When Draxel is trying to motivate the offense, he’s doing his job. This was all talk from brother to brother.

After week two, nobody liked seeing Draxel get killed on the field. Nobody liked losing. So brothers said things to brothers and the media caught wind of it and blew it out of proportion. You know what I’m talking about Clark, I read your article. But look what has happened since. The offense got a fire lit under their ass and we’re winning games. Draxel isn’t living in the ice bath anymore. We motivated our teammates to put in some more work and kick some ass and now they are.

This locker room has never had issues within and it doesn’t now. The real story on Draxel are issues with the league and how it’s being run man. We’re all tired of seeing Draxel get bent over and fucked by the league because of the media advertisements he’s doing for his endorsement obligations. If you want a story with issues, there’s your story.

@Kendrick@theFlock@701

Code:
1707 words. Please give @`theFlock` credit for 650 of the words in this piece.

Player Insights: Mayran Jackson - ADwyer87 - 06-16-2017

Quote:Flock: Let me tell you this, too, Mayran cookouts are better than anything you could imagine. He has some secret rib dry rub and sauce combo. It's to die for. I never eat as many ribs as I do over his house

truth @Kendrick

Player Insights: Mayran Jackson - Kendrick - 06-16-2017

We running this! Good article

Player Insights: Mayran Jackson - DeathOnReddit - 06-16-2017

Truth! Another nice article.

Player Insights: Mayran Jackson - Jiggly_333 - 06-25-2017

Graded

@ErMurazor Word Count: 1057 words

@ErMurazor Bonus Tier: $600k

@ErMurazor Bonus: $500k

@ErMurazor Total: $2.157M

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@theFlock Word Count: 650 words

@theFlock Bonus Tier: $400k

@theFlock Bonus: $500k

@theFlock Total: $1.55M

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment: I love to see collabs. It grows the community.