International Simulation Football League
*Dizzy's Week in Review - RIP Playoffs Edition - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Dizzy's Week in Review - RIP Playoffs Edition (/showthread.php?tid=13010)

*Dizzy's Week in Review - RIP Playoffs Edition - dizzyDC - 04-14-2019

Code:
Ready to be graded, 1609 words

Alright, so here we are almost at the end of my first true regular season in the league and my first as the co general manager of the Palm Beach Solar Bears. We’ve had a few ups and a lot of downs this season, but ultimately I am still super proud of what our draftees were able to accomplish over the course of their rookie season. We’ve had some guys really step it up and I think that they will be huge assets for whatever NSFL team manages to get their grubby paws on them. Okay, lets get right into the games from this last week and then I’ll give my players of the week at the end of the article… lets get to it.

Regular Season Week 9: San Antonio Marshals SA @ Palm Beach Solar Bears PB

It’s no secret that the Solar Bears, and most of the league for that matter, have struggled this season against the incredible depth of the San Antonio Marshals. I know that they have given me some headaches this season in trying to figure out a game plan that can do some damage against them to no real avail. This game… yeah about the same as previously. So, at quarterback for the Palm Beach Solar Bears was still Lange who struggled in another outing. He completed 13 of 25 passing attempts for 98 yards and 2 interceptions good for a whopping quarterback rating of 28.4. His counterpart from San Antonio, Bigsby, completed 18 of his 29 passing attempts for 182 yards with 2 touchdowns and 1 interception for a quarterback rating of 88.6. Bortboy and Bigby split carries for the Solar Bears gaining 89 and 47 yards respectively with Bortboy getting Palm Beach’s only touchdown on the day. For the Marshals, Marshall went for 131 yards on 33 carries with a touchdown while Vaz went for 73 yards on 15 carries. For Palm Beach, Jensen was Lange’s primary receiver catching 6 passes for 55 yards. The two top targets for Bigsby were Baxtor and Big Chest who got 63 and 54 yards respectively with each hauling in a touchdown. Gabagool led the way for the Palm Beach defense as he collected 15 tackles and a pass defended while Nikko had 10 tackles and an interception. Berry was the leader on defense for the Marshals with 7 tackles and Henry added 6 tackles with 3 tackles for losses. Same story at the end of the day as the Solar Bears could not handle the firepower of the Marshals.

Final Score: San Antonio Marshals 31, Palm Beach Solar Bears 9

Regular Season Week 10: Tijuana Luchadores TIJ @ Palm Beach Solar Bears PB

So, for the Solar Bears to even have a remote chance of making it into the playoffs this season they needed Tijuana to lose out this week. That didn’t happen as the Luchadores pulled off a week 9 victory and well… yeah, they got another victory in week 10 and the Solar Bears hopes of making a late season push were put to rest. Lange for the Solar Bears put together one of his most efficient games of this season. He completed 12 of 19 passing attempts for 139 yards and a touchdown for a passer rating of 102.7. Havran for the Luchadores also had an impressive day completing 18 of 25 passing attempts for 156 yards and a touchdown for a passer rating of 101.4. As per usual, Bortboy and Bigby split carries with Bortboy getting 24 carries for 84 yards and Bigby getting 16 carries for 65 yards. Roronoa and Gump split carries for the Luchadores with Roronoa breaking the century mark as he carried the ball 20 times for 103 yards and a touchdown while Gump had 90 yards on 18 carries. The lead receiver for the Solar Bears was Jensen who hauled in 5 catches for 101 yards while Wright added a touchdown. For the Luchadores, Rey had 55 yards on 5 receptions and a touchdown while Tidwell brought in 47 yards on 5 catches. On defense, Gabagool once again led the way for the Solar Bears with 12 tackles while defensive back McKinnie added 10 tackles. Slothface led the Luchadores with 11 tackles and a sack while Cheese Jr had 10 tackles and a sack with a forced fumble. The Palm Beach defense did a decent job of trying to contain the Luchadores offense, but had trouble generating any of their own.

Final Score: Tijuana Luchadores 24, Palm Beach Solar Bears 10

Regular Season Week 11: Norfolk Seawolves NOR @ Palm Beach Solar Bears PB

One last matchup on the season between the 2 new expansion teams, who will come out on top? Well, I mean I guess you could check out the index or you already know but I’m going to tell you anyway! Lange put together another solid day at quarterback for the Solar Bears. He completed 12 of 19 passing attempts for 116 yards with 2 touchdowns and 1 interception for a passer rating of 93.3. Longshaw for the Seawolves completed 19 of 37 passing attempts for 182 yards with 2 touchdowns and 1 interceptions for a passer rating of 72.1. The stars of the day were the running back tandem of Bortboy and Bigby. Bortboy ran for 101 yards on 24 attempts while Bigby ran for 111 yards and a touchdown on 22 attempts. The running back tandem for Norfolk tried to keep pace with Reed running for 103 yards and a touchdown on 16 attempts while Jimbo went for 71 yards on 12 attempts. Espeeyeeseetee was Longshaw’s top target on the day catching 7 passes for 73 yards and a touchdown while Lange’s top target was Thornton who caught 4 passes for 47 yards and a touchdown. 3 for 3 on the week, the Solar Bears top tackler was Gabagool with 12 tackles while Hardshaft added 6 tackles and a sack. Acho and Josh were the standout defenders for the Seawolves with 12 and 10 tackles respectively amongst those players. Did the Solar Bears do enough to win this game though? Fuck yes they did.

Final Score: Norfolk Seawolves 24, Palm Beach Solar Bears 27

Regular Season Week 12: Palm Beach Solar Bears PB @ San Antonio Marshals SA

So it really felt like nothing happened this season except for the Marshals putting a beatdown on the Solar Bears, but finally, the last matchup of the season between these 2 teams. The coaches changed up the game plan a little bit for this game and gave Lange a little bit more freedom with playbook after his last 2 performances. He completed 20 of 34 passes for 216 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions for a passer rating of 77.6. Bigsby for San Antonio completed 18 of 23 passing attempts for 180 yards with 2 touchdowns and an interception for a passer rating of 110.1. Same combo of running backs back at it for these 2 teams. Bortboy and Bigby went for 72 and 60 yards respectively while Vaz and Marshall went for 98 and 68 yards respectively with Bortboy and Vaz each getting a touchdown. Jensen had another big day receiving for the Solar Bears as the tight end caught 7 passes for 99 yards while Varga caught 6 passes for 56. Baxtor was the main receiver for the Marshals with 5 receptions for 79 yards and a touchdown. The streak is broken on defense for the Solar Bears as the lead tackler for this game was Hardshaft with 13 tackles and a forced fumble while Gabagool added 7 tackles. Bode and Gott were the 2 top tacklers for the Marshals in this contest as they got 13 and 11 tackles respectively. I mean, look, it was unlikely that the Solar Bears were going to win this game anyway, but it was nice to see the final score a little bit closer than in some of the meetings between these 2 teams.

Final Score: Palm Beach Solar Bears 10, San Antonio Marshals 24

So yeah, like I said the Solar Bears are out of the playoffs for this season but I still want to congratulate all of my players on the effort that they put forth despite the record on the season. They stayed diligent and I think that we will be seeing some Solar Bears go early in the upcoming NSFL draft which has me super excited. I can’t wait to see where everyone ends up, but before that can happen we have to close out the regular season and then get through the playoffs. Alright lets get to my players of the week.

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK – QB APOLLO LANGE @RohnJobert

It’s no secret that Lange has had a rough season, but honestly, I was super happy to see him string together 3 games in which he was efficient and lacked major mistakes. Interceptions happen at this level, but he managed to limit them this week. Shocking that the player of the week here wasn’t one of our running backs, but I thought it was time to give another player a chance at the spotlight.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK – LB TONY GABAGOOL @shipwreckrising

I mean, yeah, what can I really say. Gabagool led the team in tackling in 3 out of the 4 games we played this week. That’s what I call consistency and is a major trait you look for in a starting linebacker. He puts in the work week in and week out and it is really starting to show in the stats sheet as he always manages to be around the ball which as a general manager I can’t complain about.

*Dizzy's Week in Review - RIP Playoffs Edition - shipwreckrising - 04-15-2019

Honoured to be back to back dpow on such a stacked team. Season didn't work out the way we wanted it to but it has been a great ride this year with this group!