International Simulation Football League
*Reese Disappoints in S14 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Reese Disappoints in S14 (/showthread.php?tid=13022)

*Reese Disappoints in S14 - SwagSloth - 04-15-2019

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Reese Disappoints in S14
[Image: rltlh.jpg][/div]
Fans were shocked to see the Outlaws vs Otters game tonight in which the Outlaws lost 7-76. Even for a struggling team, the Outlaws performed miserably with few bright points. And even players that have found ways to stay relevant this season, such CB Jeffery Murphy and LB Raymond Vans, could be contemplating their future with the organization as it continues to spiral out of control. Unfair or not, much of the blame for the team’s performance this season has fallen on the shoulders of Andrew Reese, who stepped into the QB role this season after the sudden retirement of Kevin Fitzpatrick. Reese has found himself struggling on the fielding, currently ranked last in total yards (2245), Touchdowns (14), and QB Rating (66.8). He is also ranked second-to-last in completion percentage (53.5%) and holds the most interceptions in the league (12). Arizona was expected to embrace a run-heavy approach entering the season, but Reese’s inability to call audibles and read defensive schemes has hurt the team’s offense as a whole. The normally talkative Quarterback has been noticeably quiet this season and team officials have noted that he is opting to stay focused on the game, but it clearly hasn’t produced results.

In a rare interview following the team’s devastating loss, Reese spoke to reporters and appeared to be taking tonight’s blowout to heart. “I’ve never been one to make excuses”, Reese said. “The team needed me to step up this season and I haven’t gotten it done. There’s nothing I can say that’s going to excuse the way I’ve been playing this season. The fans expect better out of me. And they deserve better.” Some analysts were critical of the team’s decision to back Reese as the Quarterback of the future. Reese performed similarly during his one year as a QB in the DSFL, leading many to have a hard time feeling surprised by the result.

Prior to the announcement of his position switch, many expected the Outlaws to draft rookie Rose Jenkins and were surprised to see the Outlaws pass on her. It was a controversial move by GM Victoria Danvers, who bet the team’s immediate future on a Defensive Lineman that once chose to leave the QB role behind. One has to imagine Reese would have been better staying put. Unfortunately, injuries and suspensions plagued Reese during his time as a Defensive Tackle, leading many to wonder if his legacy will ultimately be one of mediocrity. Reese currently has two seasons remaining with the Outlaws and seems unlikely to find another starting role if he continues to play the way he has this season. Neither Reese nor the Outlaws have opted to comment publicly on the aftermath of the team’s decision to place their faith in him, but teammates have reportedly noted that Reese remains as quiet in the locker room as he has been in public.

For now, Arizona finds themselves stuck behind Reese and clearly locked in first pick for the S15 NSFL Draft. Experts are wondering if Arizona will correct their mistakes and use this draft as an opportunity to draft a real franchise QB; draft prospects Franklin Armstrong and Jay Longshaw have reportedly been impressing DSFL fans and are said to be playing far better than Reese did at that level. Reese also finds himself entering his fifth year in the league next season and clearly running out of time; by the time his Arizona contract runs out, he may be at the end of his best years. One could hardly fault the team for wanting to move on to a younger option with far more upside.

636 Words
Ready for Grading

*Reese Disappoints in S14 - Fordhammer - 04-16-2019

Sounds like he could use another star receiver on the team...

*Reese Disappoints in S14 - SwagSloth - 04-16-2019

(04-16-2019, 06:40 AM)Fordhammer Wrote:Sounds like he could use another star receiver on the team...
[Image: This+guy+knows+whats+goin+on+_0d76e52dcc...7909e1.jpg]

*Reese Disappoints in S14 - Jiggly_333 - 04-17-2019

Y'all had a chance at a franchise QB. Miss me with that shit.

[Image: tenor.gif]

*Reese Disappoints in S14 - gucci - 04-18-2019

Young QB. He’s got a few years to improve.

*Reese Disappoints in S14 - SwagSloth - 04-18-2019

(04-18-2019, 05:43 PM)gucci Wrote:Young QB. He’s got a few years to improve.
A bad season is the first step to any good comeback!