International Simulation Football League
(S14) Ultimus Week! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S14) Ultimus Week! (/showthread.php?tid=13069)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S14) Ultimus Week! - Bigred1580 - 04-22-2019

Hello and Welcome to Ultimus Week in the NSFL! You will have ten days to complete the Ultimus Week point task so the deadline will be May 2nd, 2019 11:59PM PST.

CHOOSE 4 TASKS, EACH WILL BE REWARDED 2.5 TPE FOR COMPLETION FOR A MAXIMUM OF 10 TPE Smile

Rules:
1) Written tasks must be at least 200 words (No exceptions).
2) You can do any option for any task, they can be a mix, but please only do each task once.
3) Only submit one post in this thread.
4) Graphics must be more than text on an image, it is Ultimus week, show Ultimus effort. It is up to graders discretion to give credit, so don’t give us a reason to deny you TPE
5) This year we will keep the podcast options, please stay on topic for the task, make sure to include 5 minutes of talk on the task you are working with. Podcast options can be used in place of any of the Written options.
6) As it is too hard and complicated to time the podcast for media money and task credit, if you do a podcast it can only be for Ultimus week. Do a separate podcast if you want media credit.
7) You may use a PBE, SHL, and GOMHL PT as credit for a maximum of 2 tasks here.
8) You can only use each affiliate once, even if it is different weeks (So no PBE PT week 4/21 and PBE PT week 4/28 as an example).
9) These tasks can be written about the NSFL or DSFL playoffs.

Here we go with the Tasks...

1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews:
Written: Give a short write up of one or multiple playoff matches. If completed before the airing of the sims have predictions, after if it is a review the game.
Graphic: Make a graphic displaying the matchups in the playoffs. If completed before sim, predict scores and show stats, if after, give a summary of game showing stats and top performers.

2) Underdog
Written: Write about one of the away teams in any matchup and explain why they can win. Must be completed before the sim.
Graphic: Create a graphic showing why the underdog will win

3) All about the QBs
Written: Write 200 words on one of the QB matchups in this year's playoffs. What are you most excited to see (Or excited to have seen), who will play better (Or who played better), etc.
Graphic: Create a graphic on a QB matchup, (Pictures with side-by-side statistics).

4) Head to Head Matchups
Written: Write about two offensive and defensive players that will go against each other in the playoffs or who have faced off in the playoffs, can be DL/QB, WR/CB, RB/LB or whatever matchup you see fit.
Graphic: Show the head to head matchup between these 2 players with statistical comparisons and previous game examples.

5) Spotlight on Youth - Only task that is specifically for the NSFL and not DSFL
Written: Write 200 words on one of the players in this year's Ultimus Week that are Season 12 or newer and spotlight on how they can affect this year's Ultimus. (Or have affected)
Graphics: Create a graphic of a Season 12 or newer player with a statistical breakdown on their season.

6) Our Time
Written: Why should your team be looked at the favorite to win the Ultimus or Ultimini.
Graphics: Show with a graphic why your team is/was the best team.

7) Next year
Written: If your team has been eliminated, why will next year, or the year after that, be the year that your team is going to win the Ultimus or Ultimini.
Graphics: Create a statistical summary of what improvements your team has made from the previous year or why your team was better than their record.

8) Enemies
Written: Not everyone loves each other, write 200 words on an opposing player or player in this year's Ultimus or Ultimini playoffs about how they will struggle, why do you want them to lose? (Don't be too mean).
Graphic: Create a graphic of a player showing maybe they are overrated with statistical back up, or a statistical prediction of what they will do in the game.

9) Rivalries
Written: Write about another team and why they are overrated and why you want them to lose.
Graphic: Show a statistical representation of why said team is overrated.

10) Trades
Written: Talk about a player who was traded this past offseason or was a free agent signing and how they will affect the Ultimus or Ultimini, or how they helped their new team in making the playoffs, or cost their old team.
Graphic: Create a graphic for said player showing how they helped their new team and compare to their old team.

11) Sit-down with a star
Written: Interview a player from a team that is not your own that is in the playoffs. You must ask them four questions and at least three must relate to the league in some way. YOU MUST POST THE QUESTIONS AND THEIR ANSWERS FOR CREDIT.
Graphic: no graphic option

12) Sit-down with a fan:
Written: Answer questions for an interview from a player that is not your own. You must answer at least four questions and at least three must relate to the league in some way. Link to the interviewers PT to receive credit. NOTE: THEY MUST POST THE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR YOU TO GET CREDIT.
Graphic: no graphic option

13) That Magic Moment
Writen: Pick one moment from a playoff game and describe what made it so amazing to watch.
Graphic: Create a graphic immortalizing that moment

14) Going to Disneyland!
Written: Who was the Ultimus or Ultimini MVP? Give us a rundown of their celebratory trip to Disneyland, or describe how they celebrated.
Graphic: Depict said celebration and trip.

15) Unsung Hero
Written: Who was the unsung hero of the playoffs, convince us.
Graphic: Show is player and their statistical reasoning for being the unsung hero.

16) Robbed
Written: Write about why your team was robbed from making the Playoffs, how did the sim screw you and why were you more deserving:
Graphic: Explain with a graphic why your team was better than a playoff team.

17) Banner
Written: no written option
Graphic: Create a championship banner for your team winning the Ultimus or Ultimini

As always have fun with it and please let me know if you like the new additional tasks this season, and how I can improve it for next season. Also, PM me with any questions about how this will be graded or what I am looking for with these questions.

(S14) Ultimus Week! - Bigred1580 - 04-22-2019

3) All About the QBs
[Image: d3YVPoj.jpg]

7) Next Year
[Image: NeA2Cdu.png]

13) That Magic Moment
[Image: fCPQyIb.jpg]

15) Unsung Hero
[Image: lpqb6uo.png]

(S14) Ultimus Week! - CalvinP - 04-22-2019

9 - Now what can I say about my biggest fan Richard D'Attoria V? It came across my feed this guy randomly decided to downplay my DPOY bid.... Now I'm a busy man and I've never even heard of this dude so I decide to do my research thinking to myself "Well he has to at least be impactful on the field to put my name in his mouth" apparently not. A safety that can't read receivers or the QB managed to get friendly with the NSFL GMs and brown nose his way into a high projected pick. I'm not impressed. Maybe less concern about the players in the media and more concern about the players on the field, those WRs wouldn't be blowing past you. Here's the kicker though folks, when I decided to acknowledge him for his efforts at getting my attention he starts playing cornerback, what does that mean, he starts back peddling. I let it slide after he clarifies he wants no issues and you'll never guess what happens.... He starts downplaying your boy Logan again. This is the top projected Safety? Hey GMs, I'll let my work on the field do all the talking for me.

------------------

6 or 7 - SeaWolves for life. I don't know what the future holds, where I'll be drafted but I know where I came from. The SeaWolves will be ultimini champions next season. This expansion team came with no expectations, no one picked them to do anything and was a bad referee call away (which we'll get into later) from being in the ultimini this year. How will it be different this season? It all starts with the fans. The SeaWolves boast the loudest, most hostile fanbase the DSFL making it a terror for opposing teams to communicate on field. Every game was sold out and the Norfolk faithful have the same expectations as I do. More importantly though, the owner has hired an absolute brilliant GM. In his very first year Norfolk managed to snag, not one, but two elite running backs in the draft with Jimbo and Reed and Managed to find Two top ten reception yard leaders with Landers and Espeeyeeseetee, and at the front of it all is the absolutely fearless QB Longshaw. But what I think is this organization's biggest asset to build an elite defense regardless of where they pick. Let's take a look at just how impressive some picks were and how spread out they were. Allen Josh was the number 1 pick and lived up to all expectations, Acho quietly having just as great a year as Josh, the ball hawk Knight is one of the best cornerbacks in the league and two INCREDIBLY underrated safeties with Kroustis and Rambo who always know when to step up at the right time. With all that sprinkle the possible DPOY, Logan Uchiha, being drafted at 61st overall by the team you can see they have a real eye for defensive talent. They also have the ability to wheel and deal if necessary, picking up former QB Ryan 'alrighty' Leaf Jr, and transforming him into an absolute stud on the D Line. I fully expect my boys to draft great and continue creating a winning culture. Fear the fleet.

----------------------

10 - How on Earth is everyone ignoring the best trade in DSFL history? ALRIGHTY, I guess I'll have to do it myself. You see that 6'7 manly man? Those 310 pounds of pure athleticism? What if I told you the greatest QB prospect of all time decided to give the rest of the DSFL a chance by deciding to make an impact on the other side of the field? You'd probably think "well that won't work" and I'll walk right up to you, look you directly directly in your eyes and say one word. ALRIGHTY. Ryan Leaf Jr is a generational talent that can do whatever he set his mind to and the Coyotes just gave him away for nothing. After reports of a toxic culture in the locker room, Leaf took charge of his career and demanded a trade. Coyotes rushed to get rid of their diamond in the rough and made a trade with the Norfolk SeaWolves. Little did they know the QB that holds 'THE MOST EXCITING QB PLAY IN HISTORY' wasn't coming to create some QB competition controversy; No, no, no not Leaf Jr. He is a true teammate and because of his freak athleticism he managed to become a starter on the defensive line racking up an impressive 11 tackles, 8 for loss and one fumble forced with his time with the SeaWolves. Undoubtably the best trade made throughout the season.

--------------------------

16 - Let's not discuss us, the Seawolves, being robbed from making the playoffs and instead focus on the blatant theft of an ultimini appearance by the referees in our playoff game. I swear the story never gets old and it's one that has become more apparent over the years, "the refs decided the outcome of that match". You've heard it, I've heard it, we've all heard it before and it definitely played a major role in our game this year. After an absolutely dominating first half the refs decided in the third quarter to screw the seawolves. Two supposed stops instead lead to first downs that eventually lead to points on the board. Fighting back from the momentum in the being switched on the final drive of the game the refs gave our opponents 4 flags to continue their drive and eventually win the game. The money game wouldn't have had the 'new' team in the ultimini and the refs made sure it didn't happen. I will be sending in multiple letters via the players association to have these refs looked at and retrained because after that abysmal half they clearly wanted to make more interesting, they managed to screw a more deserving team at an opportunity from reaching their first bowl.

(S14) Ultimus Week! - tlk742 - 04-22-2019

Playoff Predictions:
Let’s start in the ASFC as the Otters play host to the Sabercats. I have a feeling that the team that has yet to win a playoff game will keep it close, but fail to come away with the win. The Otters are playoff pros, and while the Sabercats looked better, they once again failed to keep the lead resulting in a choking of their home field advantage. I see the Otters winning this by 7 against the leagues best defense. Then we have the NSFC Hawks playing host to the Philadelphia Liberty, while the story of the great Marquise Brown being denied a ticket to the Ultimus game by his former team would be fun, I don’t see this happening as the Hawks lopsidedly win by double digits. This is where it’s fun, who wins the ultimus? Well hard to say, but if Points for is the tiebreaker, the Otters will have to win Baltimore, and that dream team is scary hard to beat, but if there’s one thing the hawks are great at, it’s being their own worst enemy at the most inopportune times. I don’t think the Otters will win it, but I can see the otters threepeating as the NSFL champions

Unsung hero:
Can the hero not be on the field but in the box? It is of Professor Chaos himself, @ckroyal92. Seriously, I say this enough but man am I envious of this guy and his unending patience. Which I guess finally paid off. He took the team, saw it come close, end its playoff drought and then lose on back to back to picks vs Orange County, denying them the elusive playoff win back a while ago. Finally, this year, the patience has paid off, having to rebuild the roster entirely, the sabercats, with the leadership of ck, have finally done it and gotten a ring. No more do the names Sharpei, Miller, Bayley, and Smallwood ring through the halls, but Poopsie, Canton, Christ, Tuck. And despite the loss of Canton, the team hasn’t even hit the regression stride yet. The San Jose Sabercats, persevered and pushed through, challenging the doubters and getting the much coveted ultimus win. Seriously, behind every great team there is a great GM, and ck and also aw, have most assuredly won that much earned title by giving the San Jose Sabercats of California their much needed win after upsetting the otters at in orange county and dominating the Liberty in san jose.

Next Year
Man, I could write about how the Otters are the inevitable and that despite this loss, the odds of them bouncing back and being the champion is still very possible. Like, @speculadora even admits, this team is not an underdog team, so rather than focus on the ASFC powerhouse that didn’t win, I want to focus on the Balitmore Hawks. Feugo Wozy once chased a ring, and it took him announcing this year to be his last before he got a ring, Marquise Brown @YoungTB is having similar luck. As Baltimore started the season they got better and looked like the force that would be the team that needed to be beaten heading into the postseason. The Roster was stacked and while it underperformed, the FA splash made people think this was the best team. I don’t know why people think the Crabs strategy of trading for top name talent after getting a bunch of free agents is a sure fire strategy for success, but here we are. Those that don’t study history are doomed to repeat it. After losing their star player, the Liberty got better, and managed to keep the tradition of beating the hawks and ruining the postseason dreams like they always do, so where does that leave Balitmore? Well with the Wraiths looking stronger, it’s on the wild card liberty to lose and the Hawks to win.

PBE

(S14) Ultimus Week! - br0_0ker - 04-22-2019

1. Playoff Review
This year's DSFL playoff was filled surprises. Starting off with the Tijuana and San Antonio matchup, it was widely the consensus belief this was just a warm-up game for the Marshals before the Ultimus. In what was a rather uninspired effort, San Antonio succumbed to the Luchadores in the first round, sustained by Tijuana's second quarter scoring onslaught. Forest Gump lead the charge with a whopping one hundred and sixty yards on the ground, with over an eleven yard-per-carry average, and two touchdowns. The Luchadores backfield combined for over two hundred and fifty rushing yards, and while potential MVP candidate Morgan Marshall did his best to match, in the end San Antonio simply could not keep up. The Marshals fell to Tijuana 30-21.
The second of the conference championship games featured a Norfolk heartbreaker, ending the season poetically with headscratchingly poor sim decisions late in the game. Despite shutting the Portland Pythons out through four minutes to go in the third quarter, after a pair of field goals were exchanged, Brother Longshaw made his appearance and delivered a pick six to the Pythons, cut the lead from ten to three. The Seawolves would go scoreless in the fourth, Longshaw deciding late in the fourth was the best time to start featuring his WR3 underneath, and Norfolk would lose the affair 16-13.

2. All About the QBs
I think for this year's S14 Ultimus I was most excited to see how Joliet L. Christ would perform. I don't think anyone can forget how Christ set the tone for the season, shattering the single game passer rating record against the Colorado Yeti in week one. Christ couldn't quite exceed the season opener in terms of rating, but kept it exciting with lots of offense throughout the season. It was almost disappointing to see the lack of fireworks in the conference championship against the Otters, given their own proclivity for offensive explosion, but it was satisfying to see Christ put up an all-around effort in the Ultimus win, carrying the team both on the ground and to his receivers. Overall, I was pleased with Christ's performance in the Ultimus, and his ability to not only distribute through the air but contribute on the ground had to have been a backbreakingly difficult task for the Liberty defense to prepare for. Christ was so inspiring, I nearly forgot the prompt is to write about the quarterbacks from both teams. But fear not! Falconi delivered a championship worthy performance as well, but the dual-threat nature of Christ was simply a higher standard Falconi could not obtain. Nearing three hundred yards and a ninety overall passer rating, if the Liberty quarterback had been better with ball security Philadelphia might have won the game. But Falconi's untimely only interception lead to a Christ score, and the fourteen point flip proved more than the ultimate differential. You have to be perfect to beat Christ it seems.

3. Rivalries
It is simply unacceptable that the Portland Pythons won the Ultimini this year. That one hundred percent should be the Norfolk title. Somehow Portland was able to amass a dearth of first-year defensive talent, and when they needed it most were capable of (seemingly at-will) conjuring a turnover. And not just a turnover, one that goes the opposite way for a score. How outrageously lucky you have top be to be gifted that sort of gamechanger down thirteen with thirteen left to go. Norfolk scores on that drive and the game is iced. Instead, the sim decides Lanzer Grevious gets to be a hero, Longshaw doesn't need to target either of his near 100-yard receivers, and Norfolk shouldn't muster a scoring drive despite having been able to move the ball and score in each of the first three quarters. It's times like these I question the integrity of the officials. I mean, c'mon, there had to have been contact early on the pick, right? There's no way he made that pick clean. I refuse to believe it. The Pythons are a bunch of cheating scum and I can't wait to play them as a send down after all their high TPE players get drafted and start in the NSFL. Good riddance. It really is going to feel good to watch them lose to the Seawolves in S15, and hopefully we get to exact some revenge if the last matchup is in the conference championship game again.

4. Next Year
The fact a bunch of rookies were able to rejuvenate the dying carcass of the Norfolk pride should rattle the DSFL to its core. We took what should have been an extra bye week (ahem PB ahem) and turned it into a fight every week. Not only are we going to have a squad of returning players for S15 as send downs, but this group features some of the most active TPE earners of all the DSFL teams. The equates to maximum expenditure caps being reached and experienced for a greater number of games. I expect nearly half the send downs for Norfolk in S15 to have maxed their TPE expenditure before the midseason mark. The team is going to draft well, but there shouldn't be too many holes to fill after all the send downs come back for the year. And given the stronger teams are losing their top talent to the big leagues, a new dominance is about to be instilled in the DSFL. The quest for the Ultimini will be fulfilled. If it wasn't for the fact the sim robbed us against Portland, we'd have already satisfied that yearning for greatness. Nonetheless, the loss of top talent at top position assures a rapid ascension for the Norfolk fleet.

(S14) Ultimus Week! - PSanchez55 - 04-22-2019

PBE Affiliation
GOMHL Affiliation

Corvo Havran versus Franklin Armstrong will be interesting to watch. Corvo is a 250 TPE capped out QB playing in his second consecutive Ultimini. Armstrong is a rookie QB who will be playing in the Ultimini with approximately 220 TPE. After a hot start, Armstrong cooled off a bit to still be one of the best QBs in the league (in league history ...). His 2614 passing yards were second in the league to one Havran. His 59.8% completion percentage was third in the league; while his 86 QBrating was first. His 11 interceptions were tied for 3rd worst in the league. However his TD/INT ratio of 22/11 is elite. 22 touchdowns, yes, Armstrong set the league record for TDs in a season, breaking the record of 19 (set by multiple QBs including Adrianna Falconi and Caleb McCoy). Corvo had a very good season in his own right. He lead the league in passing yards and completed 62% of his passes. In this upcoming matchup both QBs are capable of having big games. Both have a top receiver on the outside to throw to; although I give the advantage to Portland with their deep threat Bonaberi Jones. In the two previous matchups, Portland won in a blowout week 1, and Tijuana rebounded to win a close week 9 game.

#?.
Trading Lightsout Lewis was a difficult thing to do as a GM. Rules are rules however. Lewis became the Co-GM of the Coyotes. I had to trade him. But as the Pythons GM, I couldn't just take a couple draft picks for Lewis. I owed it to my guys to give them the best chance to win... This season and not next season. Have any of you looked at the roster KCC was roling this season? Aside from asking their star running back Terry Taffy, no-one was worth trading one of the top up and coming linebackers in Lewis for. In the end, a first round pick and a pretty good rookie defensive end was the best deal available. Getting the first round pick from the team that finished with the worst record in the league is nice. Does losing Lewis hurt our chances to win this season? It has to have hurt a little. Approximately 100 TPE separates Lewis and DE Frasier Crane. Frasier has looked good as a Python, But Lewis is going to be a high pick in the S15 NSFL draft. The future in Portland is looking bright as Crane and the 1st will make impacts for a couple seasons to come.

(S14) Ultimus Week! - BWIII - 04-22-2019

2) Underdog
If I were to pick a team that was an underdog in this year's playoffs that had the best chance to win and move on to the Ultimas, I would choose the San Jose Sabercats who are going on the road to face the Orange County Otters. I don't know if I really believe this or if I've just been brainwashed into thinking that the Sabercats are the team that are always on the cusp and taking that next step but never really do, but I'm sticking with them for yet another season. The one thing I can point to is the fact that the Sabercats pitched a 23 point shutout at home against the Otters and only lost to them by three points on a 32 yard bomb to Carlito Crush deep in the 4th quarter, so they definitely showed that they could keep up with Orange County even on OCO's turf. I think for the most part San Jose's 9-5 record is a bit deceiving in that 4 of those 5 losses came on the road and even though one of them was against Colorado, we all know really weird things happen on the road, while their only home loss case to Baltimore who is the other favorite in these playoffs.

3) All about the QBs
I think that the quarterback matchup in the San Jose Sabercats vs Orange County Otters matchup is pretty intriguing and will truly be the one thing that determines the outcome of this game. For the Sabercats, they have Joliet L. Christ, who took the league by storm this only throwing for 3438 yards and 27 touchdowns (only good for the bottom half of the league), but also running for 814 yards and 6 touchdowns, which is basically the same stat line as San Jose's lead back, Jarrod Canton. Basically Christ is the team's majority offensive weapon and if he's shut down its' going to be a bad time. On the other side of the field will be Gus T.T. Sowbiz who was 3rd in the NSFL in passing yards and first in passing touchdowns. In two of Orange County's losses Showbiz threw at least one interceptions, while in all the losses their lead back had 4.2 or less yards per carry. Basically their high powered offensive attack got knocked off balance and their timing plays just weren't in sync. I think that if Orange County wants to win Showbiz needs to put the team on his back and carry them past the Sabercats.

5) Spotlight on Youth
I think that if I were to pick one player from S12 or newer that will have a huge impact during this Ultimas Week, I'd have to go with Luke Smyles. I know we're not looked at as a team that can even win a game during these playoffs, but if we do have some kind of a chance and one of these young players were to be a reason I'd bet anything it'd be him. Smyles has quietly had a huge season for us playing both defensive end and linebacker and in the process racked up over 100 tackles with 9 sacks and two forced fumbles. Against the Hawks he'll be asked to do quite a lot and I think he's definitely up for the challenge, whether or not that'll be enough for a win is neither here nor there because at the end of the day he has had such a huge season for us I think he needs to be recognized in some way. So yeah if we keep the game close or somehow pull off the upset against Baltimore whether it shows up in the stat sheet or not a large impact will be because of him.

12) Sit Down With a Fan
Interview

(S14) Ultimus Week! - 124715 - 04-22-2019

2) Underdog
Written: Write about one of the away teams in any matchup and explain why they can win. Must be completed before the sim.
Graphic: Create a graphic showing why the underdog will win

The Philadelphia Liberty, victims of one of the most aggressive late-season collapses in NSFL history, still have a chance to pull off a huge upset against the surging Baltimore Hawks in the Aviary, Baltimore's home stadium. Even though Philly is on a 3-game slide, they have been the best team in the NSFL for the majority of this season. They demonstrated their completeness against the 11-win Otters in Orange County back in week 4, where Adriana Falconi tossed 3 TDs and the defense forced 2 turnovers. They showed some offensive firepower when they hung 30 on the Hawks, who have the best defense in their conference by points against. And while their other game against the Hawks was less favorable, the Liberty still have a great chance to shock the world and beat the Hawks, who mortgaged their future for another chance at an Ultimus Bowl this year, picking up a host of retiring players for a huge load of picks including 2 1sts. The question is, what will it take? Adriana Falconi needs to sling it - she can worry about the turnovers later. And the defense needs to show up - the defense that held probable MVP Childish Gambino to less than 50% completion and restrained elite WR Vinny Valentine to just two catches. It's tough, but possible.

Code:

3) All about the QBs
Written: Write 200 words on one of the QB matchups in this year's playoffs. What are you most excited to see (Or excited to have seen), who will play better (Or who played better), etc.
Graphic: Create a graphic on a QB matchup, (Pictures with side-by-side statistics).

I'm sure the QB battle everyone was waiting on was the battle of the top two picks: #1 overall Cooter Bigbsy and his 13-1 San Antonio Marshals hosted #2 overall Corvo Havran and his 8-6 Tijuana Luchadores, the defending champs. Everyone was favoring the highly touted Bigsby, who was coming off a highly efficient season where he put up 18 TDs (good for 2nd in the league behind rookie sensation Franklin Armstrong) and a completion percentage within 1% of the all-time record. Not to mention, Bigsby was part of the DSFL's best team ever and they had home field advantage over the decidedly mediocre Luchadores. Bigsby was deadly in the redzone, posting 3 touchdowns, but struggled elsewhere with a miserable 5.8 yards/attempt and a pick. Havran played more of a backseat role, avoiding mistakes with no turnovers, while leaning on RB Forrest Gump and others to move the Luchadores along. Gump exploded for 160 yards, including a 96-yard scamper where he blazed past the entirety of the vaunted SA defense. Zoro Roronoa, playing in his last DSFL season, was useful where he was needed, getting 87 yards on the ground. But I think the game-manager style from Havran helped propel them over the Marshals by making opportunities for K Stephen Harris Jr and the backs.

Code:

9) Rivalries
Written: Write about another team and why they are overrated and why you want them to lose.
Graphic: Show a statistical representation of why said team is overrated.

I cannot stand the Norfolk Seawolves. Let's start with the stupid name. Why Norfolk? There are so many great aquatic/ocean cities to pick from and you choose Norfolk, a city of like 1 million. And the Seawolves? I know it's a type of military submarine but there are sooo many better names you could have chosen. And what about the players? That guy Logan Uchiha hypes himself up the entire year. He's the only one who actually cares about himself - he's his own biggest fan. He plays LB to pump up his stats, then still wins DBotY then complains about not winning DPOY. Well kid, the GMs and HOs are a heck of a lot smarter than you and not a single one voted for you. There is literally not a single DSFL GM or Head Office member that thought you were the DPOY. His own GMs didn't think he was a DPOY - even Scorp, the guy who spent his entire time either being unproductive or hyping up Uchiha DPOY, didn't vote for him. And let's talk about sEndDowNs. Remember how unfair they were this year? I eagerly anticipate all the same Norfolk guys trashing them next year when they have capped Brock Landers and Ahri Espeeyeeseetee back on the field.

Code:

11) Sit down with a star

I was interviewed by daybe

Code:

(S14) Ultimus Week! - DonnoMania - 04-22-2019

PBE PT

(S14) Ultimus Week! - Frick_Nasty - 04-22-2019

4) Head to Head Matchups
My head to head match up will be the Portland Pythons linebacker group against the runningback group of the Tijuana Luchadores more specifically Forrest Gump. Gump is one of the best running backs in the DSFL. After this week's update Gump is sitting at a speed of 90 and endurance of 89. Gump will be able to break long runs and make big plays in the open to give the Luchadores points needed to seal the game in their favor. On the the other side you have three top tier linebackers for the Portland Pythons. Leighton Lee and Gekyume Stokley are topped out at 250. Third linebacker Lanzer Grievous is sitting at 216 tpe. That is a combined tpe total of 716 for one position group. These three combined should obviously stop Gump in Co in the running game. This is unless the wall that is the Luchadores offensive line slows them down. Look for the Portland play callers to put the three linebackers in position to get past the two bot linemen on the Tijuana offensive line. The Portland Pythons linebackers will also be able to match speed to an extent with Gump. Lee has a speed of 83, Stokely has 85 and Greivous has speed of 82. Look for the speedy for battling it out for Ultimini supremacy.

7) Next year
If a lot of these active San Antonio Marshals get drafted to an expansion team this year or get sent down. Watch out. You will be looking at 9 completely maxed out 250 tpe angry son of guns who want their Ultimini. We we're robbed this year again. Plus with another draft expect the Marshals to make another run at glory. If Cooter Bigsby is sent down for the second year. Morgan Marshall gets drafted by and expansion team expect the higher ups in the San Antonio organization to make a claim for an active wide receiver for Bigsby to throw to when needed then the team would be fully complete. If by some Devine intervention and Bode, Berry and Nero don't end up starting for a NSFL team and get sent down. They will be terrorizing each and every one of the DSFL teams once again. Only so many times can a team get robbed by the Sim Gods. The San Antonio Marshals next year will get their third time's a charm moment and win the big one. Sooner or later the probabilities will fall in the favor of San Antonio and TC will hold up his Ultimini finally.

9) Rivalries
I think at this point two years in a row now the underdog Luchadores knocking of the heavily favored San Antonio Marshals in the first round of playoffs would make it a rivalry. Now let me tell you why they're overrated. We'll look at them. The reason why they were able to stop the Marshals offense was because to stop the Marshals offense was to load the box. The Marshals only had two active offensive weapons for Cooter Bigsby to throw to. When Morgan Marshall a runningback and Timmy Hoss a tight end are your weapons you're gonna struggle to make any drives while down. Tightends and running backs are usually getting covered by linebackers and Tijuana has a good linebacker group. Two send downs in Dick Cheese Jr. And Burr-Kirven. Then the cherry on top is one of the top 3 earning linebackers of the S15 rookie class as well. The end result is shitting down the Marshals offense. The Tijuana offense can definitely be seen as overrated as well. If you take away Forrest Gumps 96 yard run he only averaged 4.9 yards per Cary which is just as average as any other team. Look for the pythons to take an Ultimini home this year.

15) Unsung Hero
The unsung hero for the division championship games is a group of individuals. I'm talking about the Tijuana Luchadores offensive line. This group of individuals known as the wall are the prime reason the Luchadores we're able to handle the best defense in the DSFL. Going against one of the toughest front seven consisting of Nero Alexander, Mo Berry, and Quenton Bode the fab five only gave up a combined one sack. This group not only helped Corvo Havron in the passing game by keeping him clean. They also helped set up Forrest Gump in the running game. Gump ran for 160 yards and two touchdowns. This could not have been done without the help of the big fellas. Especially when Gump got to past the second level and torched the Marshals for a 96 yard touchdown to put the Luchadores in an out of reach position. The wall combined for a total of 13 pancakes. Out of the non bot linemen Ulysses, Beaver-Dantes, and Rowan consisted of 9 of those 13 flapjacks. The linemen in the league won't get credit for much but I will for this game because if it wasn't for them they would be out of the playoffs.

11. Sit down with a star @`Fire-Bred`

Frick_Nasty:What game would you say was your best game? worst?

@`Fire-Bred`:My best game would have to be week 14 when I got my pick six and 8 tackles with 5 passes defended. My worst game was the next week in the playoffs I feel like I could have done more to help my team get the win and I let them down.

Frick_Nasty: Obviously you aren't happy with the playoffs results but what positives can you takeaway this year?

@`Fire-Bred`: All of our rookies put up awesome stats, showbiz threw under half his total picks from last season. Everyone seems to be on the right path to bring us another trophy soon.

Frick_Nasty: If there was a Offensive position you could play what would it be and why?

@`Fire-Bred`: Runningback, It is my position in real life when I played football, and it would be nice to beat TBs records and crush his stats every year just to deflate his ego.

Frick_Nasty: What is your goal for next season?

@`Fire-Bred`: Win it all baby, I also want to put up a career year in every stat so I can boost my ASPARQ score and pass dermot

12: sit down with a fan @`Fire-Bred`
@`Fire-Bred`:okay man...
What was your favorite game of the season?

Frick_Nasty: My favorite game of the season was the overtime win week 14 at Tijuana. Just to come from behind and win was a way to end the regular season.

@`Fire-Bred`: what will you bring to the team that drafts you?

Frick_Nasty: I will bring drive, versatility, and a great locker room presence.

@`Fire-Bred`: What do you feel like is your biggest weakness?

Frick_Nasty: Weakness is I can be too hard on myself and I'm a perfectionist.

@`Fire-Bred`: How do you like the playoffs results?

Frick_Nasty: The playoffs, you wanna talk about playoffs. Next question. I all honesty I'm disappointed with the outcome because I feel we are the better team. For NSFL I thought they were all great games. It was a fun playoff to watch.

@`Fire-Bred`: Out of all of the teams which has the best logo?

Frick_Nasty: Otters... Lol to be real I like the wraiths Logo and secondline. They're different. Wraiths face is intimidating and brings a badass feel to it. The second line logo just screams new Orleans jazz and it's different.