International Simulation Football League
*Slothface Pre-Draft Thoughts - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Slothface Pre-Draft Thoughts (/showthread.php?tid=13225)

*Slothface Pre-Draft Thoughts - slothfacekilla - 05-01-2019

With the upcoming S15 NSFL draft only two days away, I figured I would take some time and talk about my thoughts on my last season, as well as where I'm at heading into the draft. I also wanted to clarify my vision for next season.

The start to my DSFL career was pretty interesting to say the least. I joined very late in the S13 season, and I honestly thought I was going to go unclaimed on waivers. I sat around my phone hoping for news on my claim, but the deadline was fast approaching, and I still had not heard from the league. But luckily, Tijuana had a need for a linebacker and scooped me up off of waivers at the last minute. I really didn't do a whole lot for the team, but we ended up winning the Ultimini after a couple big upset playoff wins. It was a great start to my career, and I was immediately excited for the upcoming DSFL draft to see if I would find a new home the next season.

I can't say I had much contact with DSFL GM's going into the draft. I felt like with my experience the previous season, I had a head start on most other prospects in the draft, and I really hoped that meant that GM's were just using my tape instead of talking with me. I'm not going to lie; I was hoping that I would get drafted in the first round just for the sheer ego boost. But the first two rounds passed, and I was still wondering who my new team was going to be. Thankfully Tijuana brought me home in the third round, and I was ecstatic to rejoin the Lucha for another championship run.

S14 was pretty fun back in Tijuana. We went 8-6, which guaranteed us as the underdogs for the entire playoffs. We were able to pull of the first upset over the Marshalls thanks largely to Forrest Gump's 160 rushing yards and 2 TD's (I did nothing!). Unfortunately, we weren't as lucky in the finals against the Pythons, and we were unable to win back to back rings. It was a bittersweet moment for me, I finally had a game that I could be proud of after a lackluster game against the Marshalls: I was the defensive player of the game with 11 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defense, and my first career interception. I was definitely bummed that we didn't win, but I felt that I put a great game on film in the biggest spot of the year. Hopefully NSFL GM's noticed.

With the offseason started, I've been trying to build my draft stock by sticking to my training schedule and building up my skills for the next level. It seems to be working, as this time I had ample contact with almost all of the NSFL GM's during their scouting. I really enjoyed speaking with everyone, and honestly, I could see myself on any of their teams. I generally received positive feedback, so I am very excited to see where I go in the upcoming draft. I'm looking forward to meeting all of my future teammates and seeing which players from this amazing rookie class join me. I honestly have no idea where I will end up based on the GM interviews, but I hope that my general easy-going attitude and willingness to help the team resonated with the GM's.

In these discussions, I had voiced a willingness to accept whatever my new team wanted in regard to calling me up to the NSFL or staying in the DSFL.

But in anticipation of the draft, I had my exit interview with the new Tijuana Co-GM, Jimmy Duggan. He wanted to get to know me a bit since he had recently taken the job, and I was a bit surprised with what he had prepared for me. Duggan laid out his vision for me on the Tijuana defense the upcoming season. Despite having a solid year last year, the thought of being deployed differently with the Lucha the upcoming season was extremely enticing to me and I immediately bought in. Luckily, I've been banking TPE so I'm still eligible for the DSFL if that is in the cards.

While I'm very excited to be drafted, I am also very anxious to talk with my new GM regarding my future next season. After telling every GM I did not mind getting called up I wanted to set the record straight and say my new preference is to stay in Tijuana for another season and try to finish what we started last year. I do not plan on holding out if I'm called up to the NSFL, and I do not plan on causing a disruption for my new team if I don't stay down in the DSFL. Hopefully I can have a good discussion with my new GM, and we can figure out something that works for both sides. I'll be excited to put on my new NSFL jersey no matter what happens though.

Good luck to all the other prospects, this draft should be fun!

*Slothface Pre-Draft Thoughts - Ben - 05-02-2019

Best third round pick ever <3

*Slothface Pre-Draft Thoughts - TomHanks - 05-02-2019

TIJ TIJ TIJ