International Simulation Football League
*Announcing... - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Announcing... (/showthread.php?tid=13229)

Pages: 1 2

*Announcing... - Oles - 05-01-2019

As the draft draws near there is still something that has to be done, and that is announcing my expansion team info. After multiple rounds of polls, and then getting a logo made, and touched up, I finally have something I feel is ready to be brought to the public.

First off, I gotta draw this out and what better way than to throw in my co-gm announcement, after many talks and what I thought was gonna be a no from him due to burn out, @Muford has joined the team as the co-gm. Muford is someone who draws friendship (or hates it depending on who you ask) wherever he goes and should be a great locker room presence, while also providing a big man on the defensive line. Muford and I talked a lot early on about gming the team together, and as he burnt out I expected him to not want to do it anymore, but he agreed and now he is helping me bring the future Ultimus winning team to life.

Next up is the name, after I narrowed it down to 3 names, I used the public to help decide the team name, although they were not the end all be all. The 3 names were the Louisville Pedigree, the Louisville Bootleggers, and the Chicago Butchers. Each name brought its own appeal. The Pedigree name brought the rich history of Horse-Racing to life in a city that really isn’t represented in sports. The Bootlegger name was based off one of the biggest industries in Louisville, the alcohol industry. And the Chicago Butchers were focused on redeeming what became a meme-city in the NSFL, while also based on the butcher industry that exists in Chicago. At the end of the day, I can only pick one team, it was a hard decision but ultimately we’re bringing NSFL Football back to Chicago as the Chicago Butchers.

Now, you may ask, why give Chicago a second chance, why not forge a new legacy with Louisville? To me it’s simple, the city of Chicago is a city that has seen plenty of failure in the sim league world, including in the NSFL, and I want to make it not seem like a place destined for failure. I would have loved to bring a team to Louisville, and still would like to if the chance comes again, but for now Chicago is the destination that we have chosen to make our home.

Next up is the colors, I know this has already been leaked so I’m not gonna beat around the bush for this. The colors quite simply are red, silver, and black.

And now, I guess I’ve dragged on for as long as I can so it’s time to show off the logo. The logo is brought to you by @enigmatic. I’ve always been a huge fan of Enig’s logos, and once again Enig has knocked it out of the park in my eyes bringing another fantastic logo. I'll show both the logo with a red background and the logo with a transparent background (which will be the one used).

[Image: unknown.png]

And here is the transparent background, which will be the main logo.

[Image: JL6ZXCp.png?width=571&height=677]

That's all for now, hopefully you all like the logo because I think it's a fantastic logo and Enig really did well with it, thanks for reading and be ready to lose to the Butchers if you don't end up in Chicago as part of our team.

*Announcing... - ScorpXCracker - 05-01-2019

Oh that's a beatiful logo

*Announcing... - iamslm22 - 05-01-2019

Love the logo

*Announcing... - Jiggly_333 - 05-01-2019

IT'S CHICAGO!!!!!!!
[Image: source.gif]

*Announcing... - ValorX77 - 05-01-2019

Love that logo design.

I love the little six pointed star on the knife

[Image: 36-361796_chicago-chicago-stars-vector-clipart.png]

*Announcing... - adam2552 - 05-01-2019

I like the logo and the branding overall, but am a little disappointed that we now have 30% of the league with a Red/Black color scheme.

Time for an Outlaws rebrand.....

*Announcing... - 124715 - 05-01-2019

Absolutely beautiful

*Announcing... - enigmatic - 05-01-2019

(05-01-2019, 08:07 PM)Jiggly_333 Wrote:I love the little six pointed star on the knife

[Image: 36-361796_chicago-chicago-stars-vector-clipart.png]
I did it for you Wink

(05-01-2019, 07:31 PM)enigmatic Wrote:I did it for you Wink
[Image: giphy.gif]