International Simulation Football League
(S1) - PT #3 - Rivals - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S1) - PT #3 - Rivals (/showthread.php?tid=1326)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

(S1) - PT #3 - Rivals - Admin - 06-18-2017

There is always that one player that comes to mind when you think of your rival. Maybe your'e friends, and it's a friendly rivalry, or maybe you genuinely dislike this player. Whatever your reasons are the rivalry is there and it drives you every time you play them.

Requirements

Written: Must include 200 words. Talk about who your rival is. You can talk about how you have played against them in the past, why you have a rivalry, or anything else to do with the subject

Or

Graphic: Create a picture where you posterized your rival. Maybe your'e juking him out of his shoes, or maybe you're laying him out.

Payout

Full Payout = 3 TPE

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Saturday, June 24th, 11:59 PM PST

(S1) - PT #3 - Rivals - Admin - 06-18-2017

John Canton, my damn rival, the first CB who tried to match up with me this season. That was week 1 of the pre season where my Yellowknife Wraiths beat his San Jose SaberCats 24-7. I admit I didn't have the greatest game of my career, but it wasn't because of Canton, and I still caught a touchdown. I finished with 5 catches for 48 yards and a touchdown. John Canton only got his hand on ONE pass the entire game. The rest of the time he was just trying to keep up, always being one step behind and getting to me AFTER I made the catch. We played the SaberCats again in Week 1 of the regular season and again we came out on top. This time the score was 27-14, and this time I was on my game. I lit John Canton up for 102 yards on 5 catches for a huge 20.4 YPC average. All Canton could do was struggle to keep up, and he really didn't this time. He only managed to tackle me twice and got a lucky hand on one other ball. The rest of the game his linebacker A.C. Hackett had to cover his ass and tackle me. What's even crazier is I probably could have put up 150 yards on that scrub if I hadn't dropped 2 catches. I look forward to every game we play against the SaberCats so I can make John Canton look foolish all game.

247 words

(S1) - PT #3 - Rivals - theFlock - 06-18-2017

Rivalry is defined as a competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field. The definition has nothing to do with how one sided a rivalry can become, and some people don't consider themselves rivals with somebody else if they can't seem to come out on top. If you look back at the New England Patriots within their division, they are clearly on top of all of their rivals, and have been for some time.

That is the best way to describe this rivalry. Josh Garden and Ryan Flock dueled back in College, and they've already had one match-up in the regular season. When you look back on these events, Garden has had trouble coming out on top, managing to only edge one victory over Flock in the 4 times they've matched up. Most recently, the Yellowknife Wraiths faced off against the Arizona Outlaws in week 4 of the NSFL Season 1. The game ended with a low scoring game, 13-14, with Arizona coming out on top. With these results and his losing record against the defensive back. Garden doesn't recognize the match-up as a rivalry, but more of a "another game" match-up.

With Gardens low production against young corner Isaiah Rashad, only 5 catches for 36 yards, the coaching staff and QB adjusted trying deeper throws to get the star receiver going. With blanket coverage by the Arizona safeties, Garden found himself in a few hairy situations. On three attempts at a deep ball, one go-route and two deep post routes, Garden found himself on the receiving end of some massive hits. Two of which separated Garden and the ball, bringing Garden to a poor 3 drops and only 5 catches on 10 targets.

Not to discredit Garden alone either. The Wraiths could only manage 21 completions on 150 yards, while also throwing an interception, resulting in quite an abysmal turn out.

With a lot of the season left to go, will the receiver finally get his revenge, or will Flock and his defense trump him once more.

@Destroyer @Ballerstorm
Code:
339 words

(S1) - PT #3 - Rivals - SimmerDownBruhh - 06-18-2017

Being a TE, I have two main rivals that I plan to prove that I'm better than. SaberCats TE Break Bottles and Hawks TE Gabriel Tenzini has been fairly neck and neck with me as far as performance goes.

Although there is a positional rivalry that exists between us three, it's clear that the main one I have a focus on is Gabriel Tenzini. We were both heavily praised as two Tight Ends that can be clear cut difference makers in the future.

What makes Tenzini the main rival is where we both were drafted. I saw him get drafted early second round and I immediately scoffed and said "I can't wait to play the Hawks so I can show them what they missed out on." Seeing myself falling to the ninth round was something I personally didn't think was possible. For the caliber of player I knew I was, it was clear disrespect of how long it took for my name to be called. Little did I know at the time, it was truly a blessing in disguise.

That doesn't mean I shouldn't feel some type of way about it.

It fueled my fire even more. I hit the gym three times as hard because of it. I work on my technique everyday. I stay in peak form because this is how I plan on succeeding. The hard work is gonna show. Even right now I proved to be one of the better players in the game. Currently tied for 3rd in the league in catches. Tenzini is number 5 on the list.

Regardless to that, Tenzini has been in my shadow since I declared for the NSFL. He's got some serious skills, but is he up to my caliber? We'll see about that.

-Ricky Maddox

295 words

(S1) - PT #3 - Rivals - Noppadet - 06-18-2017

edit: I originally wrote this on a team, so I'm editing it in with the correct type of rivarly article.

Stephen Harrison's rival is Bowers Jr. from the Sabercats. Stephen Harrison decided that this was his rivalry after last night's game against them (which would be week 4 of the regulary season). Harris ran all over Harrison last night which pissed Harrison off. I mean like really if anyone is going to run all over Harrison it's going to be a division rival who watches game film all of the day, not some guy who isn't even in the conference. I mean come on 77 yards and 4.5 yards per rush? That's unacceptable for Harrison. Harrison doesn't like that. Harrison is going to try to get Bowers Jr. to draw a little blood the next time they meet up. Harrison doesn't like being unhappy, and he sure as heck doesn't like looking a fool out there. Watch your neck Bowers, Harrison is coming for you. Bowers Jr is just lucky that he didn't score a touchdown on Harrison or things might get really sticky for Bowers Jr. next time. He'd better be scanning the field for Harrison the next time they meet up. Harrison is looking forward to week 14, the final week of the season, when Harrison gets to show Bowers Jr. what smash mouth football really means.

206 words.

(S1) - PT #3 - Rivals - Jiggly_333 - 06-18-2017

While Leroy Jenkins is very slow to anger, there is only one player that he doesn’t like: Chris Orosz. Not much is known about the origins of the feud, but some believe that it stems from the days of their youth in Chicago. Chris not only went to a rival school, but also was a part of a rival hockey team to his good friend Dakota Reid. While she has accepted and forgiven him after he moved on to focus on football, Leroy never did. This rivalry went so far that in college Leroy lined up as a linebacker on a few specific plays against Navy just so he could get some hits in on him. This included a massive sack and fumble, which Leroy easily picked up and returned around 50 yards. On the next drive, Chris was the new free safety, and attempted to take down Leroy on a breakaway rush. This did not end well for the poor QB, who was knocked unconscious and missed the next week due to a concussion. Leroy has very few Twitter tirades, but they almost all have been directed at Chris, usually in the form of a gif war. Whether this war will grow greater within the NSFL is unknown, but Chris might very well be fearing his life if Leroy ends up on the defense against the Wraiths.

(S1) - PT #3 - Rivals - Apache_Chief - 06-18-2017

Franklin Harris is not one to really hold a grudge, but he does feel a need to prove himself better than the 3 D-Tackles drafted before him. While he know's Reigns is a head above most of the Tackles and still wants to prove he's superior at the position, he mainly focuses of Mark Ramrio and Vinny Cox, as he thinks that he is comparable to the two, and should've been drafted ahead of them. After each week's game he checks out his rival's stats and whether or not he's better then them determines his attitude for his off days.

The other obvious rivalry Harris has is with the stars on the offensive line. Ben Longshaw is an especially intense rivalry because he was drafted one spot above Harris. While to most, this is just a product of the lack of lineman, Harris sees it as a challenge. As for the other lineman, such as Angus Winchester and Jogn Floggity, Harris' job is to get to the Quarterback, and the lineman prevent that. It's just a natural rivalry that is always present in the world of football.

None of these rivalries are truly heated, they come from a place of respect. It takes a special talent to play at this level, and Harris just wants to prove he's earned this and that he is going to be an elite player.

(S1) - PT #3 - Rivals - White Cornerback - 06-18-2017

Dermot Lavelle's main rival is his closest team mate, Dirk Cutter. Dirk was actually one of the very first players to welcome him onto the team, along with their GM and owner. This first impression could be the reason that Dermot has set Dirk as his main and only rival. Both players occupy the cornerback spot on the Wraith's, Dermot is #2 and Dirk is #1. Both players aspire to improve each other throughout the season, as it stands Dermot has started hot in his rookie NSFL season and is second in the league in pass deflections. Dirk is the better player of the two but as of now has not yet adapted to life in the NSFL. Dermot hopes he can get drafted by the wraiths and continue to improve alongside Dirk. Dermot hopes to learn lots from Dirk as his aim this season is to overtake dirk hopefully in the #1 CB spot. Regarding next year’s season 2 draft, dirk is adamant that in order to keep Dermot, the wraiths can set up a blockbuster trade in order to avoid missing out and acquiring him. It remains unclear whether Dermot will be on the Wraiths next year, but will his rivalry still continue?

205 WORDS

(S1) - PT #3 - Rivals - 7hawk77 - 06-18-2017

Last week a rivalry was born. Dan Miller and Angus Winchester

The San Jose Sabercats and the Orange County Otters faced off twice back to back. Previously before this game, the Sabercats defensive line shredded the opposition, getting 12 sacks. Enter Angus Winchester.

Dan Miller has generally tore through the offensive line using sheer strength and then after knocking them down like pins, he would get to the quarterback, or open up for Bert Metas (who is much faster) to get the sack.

This week was much different. Dan Miller lined up against Angus Winchester for most of the majority of the game and Dan was quoted saying the following after the back to back loss. "That guy is definitely the toughest offensive lineman I've had to deal with in the NSFL. He's got his feet planted firmly and has incredible strength. His hands and technique weren't the best I've see but the way he was planted and hit you, it didn't matter. He wasn't breaking. We had to completely go around him as if he was immovable. It was tiring and frustrating, but sometimes getting bested helps you to play. I hope I get the opportunity to play him again at some point and best him, but before I do that, I need to improve a little bit."

Code:
219 words

(S1) - PT #3 - Rivals - Muford - 06-18-2017

Vincent Sharpei has had a lifelong rival, by the name of Chris Orosz. It started back when they were in the pee-wee leagues back in Chicago. It wasn’t fair to Vincent, because he wanted to be the Quarterback, but he never had the arm for it. It was natural for Chris and that did not bode well with Sharpei. Throughout playing pee-wee league together, even though Vince was put to the line, he would let defenders past him on purpose to level Orosz and hope that he could become the new Quarterback.

After going to the same high school, and coming to a conclusion Vincent was going to ever play Quarterback, the rivalry should have died there. It did for a while, until senior year of high school. When it was time to make decisions on where to go to college, Vincent Sharpei chose Army and Chris Orosz chose Navy. This brought the rivalry back and made it more intense. When Sharpei continued to hit the weight room, and saw that Chris became even more of a “Pretty Boy” (Makes sense, that’s why he chose the Navy). Sharpei would wait until the Army v Navy game to see Chris and of course run his mouth and talk smack to him. He lined up on a few plays on the defensive end and would do everything in his power to destroy Chris.

Now that they are both in the NSFL, who knows what would happen. Will Vincent Sharpei finally move on from the childish rivalry, or will it become more intense and become something for the ages? Only Time will tell.

(270 Words)

@Aenir