International Simulation Football League
*Quenton Bode Post-Draft Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Quenton Bode Post-Draft Presser (/showthread.php?tid=13309)

*Quenton Bode Post-Draft Presser - terriblehippo - 05-04-2019

Quenton Bode, wearing a New Orleans Second Line ball cap, steps up to the podium.

"Thank you all for coming out today. I'm really excited to be a part of the Second Line organization, and I'm looking forward to a great future in New Orleans. I'll take questions now."

When will Jeffery Murphy get signed? --WALDO
"Not soon enough!" Laughs "In all seriousness, I don't know anything about what's going on in Arizona's front office (obviously), but I imagine they're dealing with their influx of rookies and are focusing on getting them signed first. Once that process is done, I imagine that Murphy will ink a pretty good deal. He's a young guy with a lot of talent, so I'm sure he'll get paid."

Were you surprised to be taken #2 OA? --124715
"I was shocked, in all honesty. I knew from my conversations with various GMs around the league that I was being scouted very highly. It's impossible to predict a draft, though, especially a draft as deep as this. There were also a lot of mock drafts that didn't even have me going in the first round, so I honestly had no idea where I was going to go. So hearing my name called as the second pick was a huge shock to me. I'm just glad New Orleans recognized all the hard work I've put in."

Thoughts on your new teammates? --124715
"Oh man, I'm so excited about this Second Line roster. You can ask Juosu or anybody else in the locker room, I've been talking non-stop about how pumped I am about this team. I know there was some controversy about Forrest Gump being the first running back off the board, but honestly I'm thrilled to have him as a teammate again. We were on the same team in the Prospect Bowl (go Grizzlies!) and I was bummed we didn't end up in the same place in the DSFL, so getting a chance to play with him in a more long-term situation is fantastic. Same goes for Brave Ulysses, too -- he's a fantastic player and teammate, so I'm thrilled to get to share a locker room with him again. I'm glad I've got some Marshals in the locker room with me as well. I had a blast playing with Max Vaz and Shaquill Williams VII last season, and I'm looking forward to getting to play with them again. Beyond the rookies, I'm really excited to get a chance to play with players like Borkus Maximus III, Stan Francisco, Tyler Swift, and Thjalfi Halvorsen. It's a great squad, and I'm so glad to get a chance to share a locker room with each and every one of these guys."

Question, what kind of bear is best? --Ben
"My initial reaction is to say polar bear (obviously). I believe in one of my earlier press conferences, I said 'gummi bear.' But I have since been informed that both of those answers are false, and that the correct answer is 'black bear.'"

What was your reaction to hearing your name called so early? --TomHanks
"Like I said, I was totally surprised. I barely had time to process the fact that Brock Landers was the first overall pick. That sounds bad, but I don't mean it like that. Brock is a great player, and he absolutely deserved to be picked there. I'm not trying to say that he shouldn't have been picked there. But there weren't a lot of people who expected Arizona to go with a wide receiver with the #1 pick. It makes sense, looking at it now, but at the time it surprised a lot of people, myself included. So I was still dealing with the fact that my mock draft was kaput when I heard my name being called. After the surprise wore off (which didn't take very long, believe me), I was just over the moon. I really liked what I had heard from the New Orleans front office, and I felt like I could really make an impact on that team -- I still do. To make a long answer short, it was a surprise, but a very pleasant one."

How do you feel about being drafted to the Second Line? --TomHanks
"I'm excited, man, really excited. I had really great conversations with Juosu leading up to the draft, and I knew I'd be able to come in and start contributing right away. The team has had a lot of success in the past, and I want to be a key factor in the return to that glory. They've struggled recently, yeah, but that's not going to be the case for much longer. This is a fantastic time for this team, and I'm honored and ecstatic to be a part of it. I still haven't come down from the draft, honestly. I cannot overstate how happy I am to be here, and I look forward to being with New Orleans for a very long time."

Who are you most excited to tackle in the NSFL? --TomHanks
"Oh man, that's a great question. I'd really like to take on Morgan Marshall: it'd be fun to try and take him down in a real game, instead of a scrimmage, and I'd enjoy the challenge of trying to stop a guy like him. I'd like to try and stop Terry Taffy, too. He's a great guy and a great football player, and playing against him is always fun. I've heard a lot about guys like Marquise Brown, Fast Boija, and Dick Wizardry too. Tackling one of those guys would be definitive proof that I'm capable of succeeding in this league, and I'm looking forward to trying to take those guys down. I'm looking forward to the challenge that NSFL running backs present."

How do you feel about your fellow New Orleans draftees? --ValorX77
"This is a great group of guys New Orleans managed to pick up, and I couldn't be happier. Gump and Ulysses I already knew from the Prospect Bowl, so I'm excited to be sharing a locker room with them again, hopefully for a long time. Getting to play side-by-side with Johnny Slothface is going to be awesome too: we've already talked a lot, and we're both all-in on making this a formidable defense for years to come. I have a feeling we're both going to push each other to be better, which is great news for New Orleans and bad news for everyone else. I'm glad I have Max Vaz and Shaquill Williams VII on my team again. It's nice having some familiar faces in the locker room, and getting a couple of Marshals to make this transition easier is fantastic. I'm really looking forward to getting to know the other guys, too. All in all, I feel great about my fellow draftees, and I know we're going to do great things for this franchise."

Do you think you'll be a send down? --ValorX77
"I've talked about it with Juosu and some of my new teammates, and my answer is a definitive no. I was thinking about that question toward the end of last season, and even then I was torn. Getting knocked out of the playoffs so early -- especially when we were the heavy favorites to win it all -- definitely complicated that too. I really wish we could've brought a title back to San Antonio, and I'd love to stay there and try for it again. I really thought about staying there another season to try to make that happen, but at the end of the day my dream was to play in the NSFL. As callous as it sounds, I'd rather chase an Ultimus than an Ultimini. So Juosu and I have decided that I'll be playing for the Second Line this season. It was a tough choice to make, but it's the right one for sure."

*Quenton Bode Post-Draft Presser - WALDO - 05-04-2019

when will Jeffery Murphy get signed?

*Quenton Bode Post-Draft Presser - 124715 - 05-04-2019

Were you surprised to be taken #2 OA?

Thoughts on your new teammates?

*Quenton Bode Post-Draft Presser - Ben - 05-04-2019

Question, what kind of bear is best?

*Quenton Bode Post-Draft Presser - TomHanks - 05-04-2019

What was your reaction to hearing your name called so early?

How do you feel about being drafted to the Second Line?

Who are you most excited to tackle in the NSFL?

*Quenton Bode Post-Draft Presser - ValorX77 - 05-04-2019

How Do you feel about your fellow New Orleans Draftees?

Do you think you’ll be a Send Down?