International Simulation Football League
Graphics and the pay-scale - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Graphics and the pay-scale (/showthread.php?tid=13573)

Graphics and the pay-scale - Pizza-faith - 05-22-2019

Hello! Hope everyone is well!

First and foremost I do not want this to be regarded as a "I make shitty graphics that take me hours so I deserve more money." But I want to open up the discussion of the current pay scale between the various media outlets.

Comparison:
Quote:Words/old pay/new pay
400/400k/580k
600/1,000k/904k
1000/1,600k/1,644k
1500/2,100k/2,589k
2000/2,800k/3,514k
2500/3,300k/5,269k

1/5 – 150k– low effort, no blending between the text, image and the products looks like the effort was simply an image with text pasted on
2/5 –300k –Blending attempts made – there is signs of effort but not so much on delivery. Depth is provided and the text blends with the image.
3/5 – 500k – Render editing is present, text begins to blend and the image altogether, looks clean and crisp but lacking motion or depth to really catch the eye.
4/5 – 720k – The is detail, motion, render work and overall there are only minor problems that really set the sig back.; text being slapped on at the end, for example.
5/5 – 850k – from the rendering to the blending, this sig has no issues, pops and is a great image all around.

1)I would argue that it is more difficult/takes longer to achieve 850k via graphics. You might be saying "Go write then if it's easy" (I cannot write for the life of me, I dont think its easy) but through recent discord conversations it seems like there are others who want to make graphics but are deterred by the payment scale.

2)Other users have mentioned that it takes longer for the graphics to be graded- At the time of this post the oldest ungraded graphic is 16 days old.

Possible changes besides raising the $ amount:
-After the graphics have been graded the option for the creator to take feedback into account and have another shot at bettering the graphic for a better grade.

Please add ideas/criticisms !

Graphics and the pay-scale - Bigred1580 - 05-22-2019

I agree with you if the scale was based solely off of effort requires. However, I think it’s more based off value added to the league. You will notice increased discussion surrounding media posts than graphics. I do think the payouts could be closer though.

I also think statistical analysis should make more

Graphics and the pay-scale - Rising Equinox - 05-22-2019

As someone who enjoys making graphics, I definitely agree. I honestly just can't find a reason to when the payout is so low, and the grading process is so much slower than media. I just looked, and there's actually graphics from almost two months ago that haven't been graded. Personally, I think that, since the grading process takes so much longer, it should be rewarded with a larger payout than media.

(05-22-2019, 11:09 AM)Bigred1580 Wrote:I agree with you if the scale was based solely off of effort requires. However, I think it’s more based off value added to the league. You will notice increased discussion surrounding media posts than graphics. I do think the payouts could be closer though.

I also think statistical analysis should make more

Something like a weekly NSFL Magazine Cover page that could be done with the input of voters but made by a graphics team possibly?

And I agree some of those stats analysis are out of this world!

Graphics and the pay-scale - TeyonSchavari - 05-22-2019

I agree, something needs to be re-worked. When I get an idea I enjoy attempting to make graphics, as shitty as they are, and decide to post them because why not, but there is zero incentive for me to keep trying if A) I barely get anything for them, B) it takes weeks and sometimes more than a month for them to be graded, and C) it takes hours of effort (at least for me) to create them - why do that when I can write a media post in a quarter of the time and get paid 4 times more. Graphics may not spur discussion but I do enjoy seeing what is submitted.

Graphics and the pay-scale - Eco - 05-22-2019

(05-22-2019, 11:58 AM)Allplanet Wrote:2)Other users have mentioned that it takes longer for the graphics to be graded- At the time of this post the oldest ungraded graphic is 16 days old.

Incorrect, it is almost 2 months old Sad

(05-22-2019, 12:04 PM)Eco Wrote:Incorrect, it is almost 2 months old Sad

I did not see page 2 or 3 :O

Graphics and the pay-scale - Bigred1580 - 05-22-2019

It's funny, before you even made this suggestion, I mentioned on discord that I was planning on grading some tonight. Grading should be caught up soon

(05-22-2019, 01:17 PM)Bigred1580 Wrote:It's funny, before you even made this suggestion, I mentioned on discord that I was planning on grading some tonight. Grading should be caught up soon

I'm sure thats not a fun task ahead of you, appreciate you doing it.

Graphics and the pay-scale - tlk742 - 05-24-2019

Hey I'm the GFX head, don't hesitate to reach out to me. We can def scale it up, not against it. We just have to figure out the max and go from there.

Give me a few days (I'm in the hell month for work for the next week), and I'll see what we come up with for the max scale.