International Simulation Football League
Tight End Rankings: Week 5 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Tight End Rankings: Week 5 (/showthread.php?tid=1360)

Tight End Rankings: Week 5 - Blake Bortles - 06-20-2017

Welcome to the NSFL Tight End Rankings! As usual it is important to keep in mind that these rankings are based singularly off of play. Other factors like TPE are not taken into account. With that out of the way, let's get riiiiiiiiight into the rankings!

#1 Break Bottles, San Jose SaberCats
[Image: YtER5fR.png]
@Blake Bortles
Break Bottles had a great week in week 5, showing himself to be a reliable target for Christ. Not only did Bottles not drop a single pass, he set the current NSFL record for most receptions in a game, with 9. Bottles did not achieve many yards per catch, but that is primarily due to the passes being primarily from 5-10 yards. In addition to those impressive stats, Bottles also had a solid game blocking, as he had two pancake blocks. One attribute in which Bottles could improve is his ability to turn short plays into long plays, as he didn't take a single pass for more than 10 yards.

#2 George Wright Jr., Orange County Otters
[Image: YLhcaSL.png]
@Player1
For whatever reason George Wright Jr. had trouble getting it done in terms of blocking in week 5, but he made an impact anyway through his receiving. Despite only having 4 catches Wright managed to have a significant number of receiving yards. Wright didn't have a bad game in terms of blocking, as he had 1 pancake block, but that is below his average. One aspect of his play that is slightly alarming is that two of the passes thrown his way were intercepted. While that may not be a fault on Wright's part, it does mean that he was successfully covered on those occasions.

#3 Ricky Maddox, Yellowknife Wraiths
[Image: ZJAWiaB.png]
@SimmerDownBruhh
Ricky Maddox had a solid game in week 5, not really standing out in many regards. You could say Maddox was "shut down" by Harrif Ernston, his primary linebacker opponent in week 5. All throughout the game, Ernston was in his face, deflecting passes, and ultimately forcing him to fumble the ball. Despite such strong opposition, Maddox managed to give his team solid yardage in addition to solid blocking, but nothing particularly impressive.

#4 Gabriel Tenzini, Baltimore Hawks
[Image: j3B6EWd.png]
@princekyle
(06-18-2017, 05:58 PM)princekyle Wrote:But have you taken into consideration that I'm trash?
No, should I? In all seriousness, Tenzini has been consistently a top 5 tight end, and that's largely due to his reliability. Earlier in the year I might have said that nothing stands out about Tenzini, but that's not quite true. Tenzini has been developing into a top Red Zone threat, and currently has 3 straight weeks with a touchdown reception. He didn't have much to show in terms of blocking for week 5 though.

#5 Joseph Tkachuk, Arizona Outlaws
[Image: yDdFDrH.png]
@Theo667
Would you mind giving me the phonetic pronunciation of your name? Just like his name Joseph Tkachuk's play is confusing. One week he'll have literally no stats, and the next he'll have a little explosion. Tkachuk had a minor explosion in week 5, as he had 21 yards and two pancakes. Despite evidently little usage, Tkachuk manages to have an impact in both receiving and passing.

#6 Rolf Larsendorf, Yellowknife Wraiths
[Image: VOLw7US.png]
@HazardouSpork
Despite his earlier success receiving, it's become clear that Larsendorf is a blocking tight end through and through. That's not an insult though. Larsendorf leads all tight ends in pancake blocks, and he led tight ends in week 5 in that same category. What's impressive about Larsendorf's play is that he reliably seems to get 2-4 pancake blocks every game, showing that his quarterback can rely on his blocking every game.

#7 Mark Hargrove, Colorado Yeti
[Image: 3Vv7faU.png]
@Viktor1980
Hargrove had a decent week in week 5, but he was out-shined by the impressive performances other tight ends had. Hargrove was solid in all regards, over 20 yards, a pancake, block, and no sacks allowed. Nothing particularly impressive but also nothing to scoff at. We'll see if Hargrove can continue to improve his play throughout the season.

Hope you enjoyed my rankings! If you disagree or have any suggestions for this series, let me know!

Tight End Rankings: Week 5 - Molarpistols - 06-20-2017

Finally have a good week because you weren't playing me... Tongue Nice write-up!

Tight End Rankings: Week 5 - ADwyer87 - 06-20-2017

@Blake Bortles I believe it's pronounced Ka-chuck

Tight End Rankings: Week 5 - Theo667 - 06-21-2017

You'd be correct, Ka-Chuck is the correct pronunciation.