International Simulation Football League
(S15) - PT3 - Namesake - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S15) - PT3 - Namesake (/showthread.php?tid=13604)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

(S15) - PT3 - Namesake - Bigred1580 - 05-27-2019

(S15) - PT3 - Namesake

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. All graphic responses must show at least some effort. Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S15 claim thread. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

This task is due next Sunday, June 2nd, at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: I’m going out on a limb with this one so here it goes. There is another person in this world that shares your name. Some super random ordinary guy. Like how would it feel to be a 50 year-old postman named Tom Brady. Describe your namesake's day to day life, job, and/or how he feels to share a name with an NSFL or DSFL superstar.

Or

Graphic Option: Create a sig of your ordinary player. Must be sig worthy with like added effects and descriptions of their ordinary job. Don’t just post a random picture of a guy and call it good. Bonus points if your guys is real life Dermott.

Reminder, Graphic Options are unable to be submitted for GFX grades. It is either one or the other.

As always, you can link your affiliate PT:
SHL,
GOMHL,
PBE

(S15) - PT3 - Namesake - infinitempg - 05-27-2019

Micycle McCormick's name twin is a 48 year old man who, by all appearances, is a regular dude. Mr. McCormick runs a bicycle shop in Minneapolis, named quite appropriately, "Micycle's Bicycle Shop". This was quite a unique name for a while, as no one had ever heard of a person named Micycle for a long time. This would all change when Mitch McCormick was visiting Minneapolis on business, and destroyed his rental bike while on a weekend ride. Devastated that he didn't have the tools on him to fix the bike himself, Mitch pulled into the first bicycle shop he found - Micycle's Bicycle Shop. The two of them quickly diagnosed the problem and were able to solve it, and upon learning that the two shared a (fairly common) last name, the elder Micycle decided to only charge half price. Mitch was so honored by this that he would always recommend Micycle's Bicycle Shop to all who visited the Twin Cities. The two kept in touch and became very good friends, such good friends to the point that Mitch named his third son after the bicycle repairman who saved him all those years back.

When Micycle the younger got his big break in the NSFL, he made sure to partner his charitable program "Micycle's Bicycles" to the man who gave him his name. Micycle the younger and Micycle the elder still get coffee whenever the younger is in the Midwest, and the younger is an official spokesperson for the elder's newly expanding chain of bike stores.

--

no micycle is not technically retired yet and i sure as hell didn't want to do a PT on someone who was also named Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff McDummy. You can read all about the real Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubert_Blaine...nbergerdorff_Sr.

(S15) - PT3 - Namesake - PSanchez55 - 05-27-2019

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/ind...indpost&p=80595

(S15) - PT3 - Namesake - Frick_Nasty - 05-27-2019

Meet Mo Berry, the in and out of jail, petty theft criminal out of Denver Colorado. Mo Berry is what you call scum. This Mo cannot stay out of jail, doesn’t get a job because he doesn’t want to pay his child support. You name it this is what this pile of hot garbage does. Mo Berry is currently being held in Denver County Jail for 2 Counts of Felonious Burglary and 4 Counts of possession of Burglary tools. It was a Monday Night when dispatch called for service to a possible break in. Police Arrived on scene of the large house and noticed the front door was cracked open. First arriving officer entered the house and called out. Mo Berry walked up to the officer and asked if anything was wrong. Officer explained to Mo Berry that a silent alarm was tripped on the house. Berry tried to explain that he forgot something. Mo Berry stated he was the Yeti’s new Linebacker and he’s still getting used to the new place. He attempted to pull out his ID to show the officer but was quickly put into handcuffs. This was considering the pictures in the house of the actual football player Mo Berry and not this other clown Mo Berry.

(S15) - PT3 - Namesake - Leafs4ever - 05-28-2019

I've been alerted to quite an amusing thing. Apparently there is another Xavier Flash roaming the world. After being told this, I wanted to contact him and just say hello. Turns out he's a fan of my play!

I messaged bizarro Xavier and learned a little bit about him. Apparently he's a school teacher on Canada. He's married with 2 kids and actually watches the NSFL with his friends. He found out about me from watching the DSFL draft. I was in the top prospects list and he noticed the name right away. He told me that I immediately became his favourite player, for obvious reasons. He followed my career in Tijuana and then right to San Jose. His friends find it hilarious that he shares a name with someone and rag him a bit about being the less successful Xavier Flash. I told him I just play a game, but he shapes young minds and takes on a much bigger task at work every day.

We really hit it off, I must say. I decided that I was going to bring him and his family out for a game in San Jose. They of course accepted and I'm going to hook his whole family up with jerseys, memorabilia, and field access before and after the game. It's been really cool to find out about Xavier Flash, the Canadian school teacher.

(231 words)

(S15) - PT3 - Namesake - Renrut - 05-28-2019

Childish Gambino’s real name is Donald Glover. It is funny because our NSFL Donald Glover really liked the stage name “Childish Gambino” from the “real” Donald Glover, so that is the name he uses for his NSFL appearances. What you may not know is there is yet a third, Donald “Childish Gambino” Glover our there. Our third Gambino/Glover hails from New York City where he is rumored to be a part of the La Casa Nostra, also known as The Mafia and part of the Gambino Crime family. Okay, it’s not rumored. He is a part of the family. He runs a small time underground illegal gambling ring for the family and is very immature. That’s why he earned the name “Childish Gambino.” That is very Brilliant, right? Any who, our third Donald “Childish Gambino” Glover might run the underground gambling ring at night, but above ground during the day he is just an ordinary garbage man...well, this is the mafia, so nothing is just “ordinary”. The debts that are owed to Glover are dropped off in garbage bags around the city so that the cops do not actually see the money exchanging hands and no one is none the wiser. What a country.

(S15) - PT3 - Namesake - CalvinP - 05-28-2019

Meet Logan Uchiha, regular guy raised in Atlanta, Georgia. He works for the biggest company in Atlanta, Coca cola, as a system analyst. Nice home, nice family, pretty boring life....... But he hides a dark secret. When he's not working his nine to five he's focusing all his attention on one thing. Raising his family? Of course not, don't make me laugh. He tracks and maps the whereabouts of Wraiths' rookie safety with the same name. He's had enough of this young kid being the first person you think of when you mention his name. His end goal isn't to kill or injury the kid, no, his true goal is to find a weekend where he can "bump" into him at a hotel and ultimately kidnap him. Once kidnapped, Logan will use a shaman he found on the deep web to do a spiritual body transfer. This is a practice where the outside bodies stay the same but the spirit and conscience swap hosts. The endgame is to have Logan psychologically destroy NSFL Logan by living out his career on the field and then the day he retires he will switch back into bodies after donating all his money. All of this because they share a name. Crazy people out there.

-------------------

211 words

(S15) - PT3 - Namesake - majesiu - 05-28-2019

PBE Affiliation

(S15) - PT3 - Namesake - Graciejj2000 - 05-28-2019

While on vacation at Yellowstone National Park I ran into another person with my exact name. It blew me away. We were at an Imax movie theather and his tag said Chad M. I had to ask and found out he had my same name. I’m going to take some time to explore my brother from another mother’s life. Chad works at an Imax theater in the park. His daily duties include running the entire Imax theater with him and 1 other person. Of course he does everything from open up, clean, and make popcorn, to setting up the projetors. He gave me a tour of 1 of those DLP projectors. Those are the new hotness in the film world. Much clearer picture compared to the regular film projectors. The perks to working at a movie theater? 1.) free movies. 2.) all the free popcorn you can eat. They take all of the extra popcorn and put them in these massive garbage bags. They are probably a 50 gallon trash bags. He kindly gave us one of these bags to take with us on the rest of our trip. Needless to say we were eating popcorn for the next 2 weeks. I know more about the movie theater business than I ever expected on this vacation.

(216 Words)

(S15) - PT3 - Namesake - Rising Equinox - 05-28-2019

My namesake actually goes through his day-to-day life in a rather ordinary way. The name Lanzer Grievous is obviously an extremely unique name, so he actually didn't even know that there is a celebrity/football player with the same name as him. He just always assumed that his name was too unique for there to be another one like it. He works as a graphic designer and animator for a well-established video game company. He goes about his days like normal, but every once in a while, one of his coworkers or clients will mention the fact that they recognize his name. He usually just shrugs it off though, because he doesn't have any idea what they're talking about. One day, one of his friends asked him, "Did you know you have the same exact name as a professional football player in the DSFL?" From that day on, Lanzer's life was forever changed. He accepted the fact that he shared a name with a celebrity, and he used it to his advantage. He just so happened to look very similar to the football player Lanzer Grievous as well, so he made people all over believe that he was him until the day he died, living a perfect life, a life of luxury.