International Simulation Football League
*NSFL MVP Rankings (Through Week 9) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *NSFL MVP Rankings (Through Week 9) (/showthread.php?tid=13616)

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Through Week 9) - nickyvmlp - 05-29-2019

Nine games down, five to go. We’re two-thirds of the way through the season, and while some teams have been huge surprises (hello Arizona), some are right where we expected them to be (hello Baltimore). So without further ado, let’s break down the MVP race as we enter the home stretch.

Beginning with the honorable mentions, first up is Alex Reese (Outlaws). His transformation from Pro Bowl DT to league’s worst quarterback to possible Pro Bowl QB in just two short years is the kind of thing that’ll make a fantastic 30 for 30 someday. Joliet L. Christ (Sabercats) had a fairly disastrous Week 9, but he’s still gunning and/or running with the best of them. Ryan Applehort (Wraiths) already has more deflections through nine games than anyone else in all of last season. Not bad for a converted quarterback. Slim Shady’s (Outlaws) production has slowed greatly in recent weeks, and he’s been surrendering carries to Ricky Adams, so we may not see him much more in this list. And finally, Danny Grithead (Otters) is seventh in tackles, second in sacks, and ninth in deflections; he’s all over the field and is running that Otters defense.

6. FS Mason Brown OCO (Prev.: HM) (@Toasty) 88 tackles, 3 FFs, 2 INTs, 3 deflections

Or maybe this guy is leading that Otters defense. Mason Brown is locking down opposing offenses. He’s currently leading the league in both tackles and forced fumbles. He honestly might not’ve made the jump into the top six if not for his performance in Week 9: 12 tackles, a forced fumble, and a deflection. He has had a couple of games where he’s disappeared, like only three tackles in Week 7, but still he’s doing a lot right now, and the Otters defense would be in total disarray without him.

5. WR Sunnycursed OCO (Prev.: NR) (@ADwyer87) 50 receptions, 956 yards, 5 TDs

Here’s a guy who came out of absolutely nowhere. When I made the last of these posts, Sunnycursed was on the cut line for honorable mentions. He was good, but not quite in the conversation just yet. Since then, he’s taken the lead in the receiving yards race. He has our attention now. In his last three games, he’s put up numbers of seven receptions for 137 yards, six receptions for 118 yards and two scores, and seven receptions for 112 yards and two scores. He’s been shot out of a cannon these last few weeks. The only things preventing him from being even higher in this race are that his receiving touchdown numbers are below the elite in the category (and as of Week 7, he only had one TD), and also I just want to see this kind of performance on a consistent basis. I’ll make another one of these after Week 12. If he’s still having this type of performance, he won’t be at #5 for long.

4. CB Arbin Asipi III BAL (Prev.: 5th) (@DeathOnReddit) 39 tackles, 7 INTs, 2 TDs, 14 deflections

A performance like what we saw from Arbin Asipi III in Week 1 was one we’ll be talking about for ages. Six tackles, two picks, and a pick-six. That’s a once in a lifetime kind of game. Oh wait, scratch that, he just topped it. Asipi’s second encounter with the Yeti was just as fruitful as the first, as he made Micycle long for an early retirement. Seven tackles, two picks, and his second pick-six of the year. In fact, this whole secondary has been money all season. Rookie Fatih Terim has pulled down a couple of picks lately, along with Charlie Trout. This team is the runaway lead in INTs this season with 15, and Arbin has nearly half of those. This fourth year corner is quickly becoming the most dangerous player in a loaded defense, and he might just be the frontrunner for Defensive Player of the Year, especially if he can break the interceptions record of 10.

3. RB Marquise Brown BAL (Prev.: 2nd) (@YoungTB) 236 carries, 1063 yards, 9 TDs, 36 receptions, 244 yards, 2 TDs

Marquise Brown has been all over the place lately, which is part of what led him to going down a spot. Week 7: perfectly good numbers. 25 carries for 132 and a score, plus another score through the air? Fantastic numbers, MVP quality. Week 8: similar numbers, 126 yards and two total touchdowns, but it took him ten more carries to get there, which just killed his efficiency. And then in Week 9, his workload took a dive, only 15 carries for 71 yards in the whole game, while Childish Gambino threw dots all over the field. A receiving touchdown was the lone saving grace for a downright uneventful day. The Hawks have been getting in more and more shootouts lately, and as such have been relying on Childish more and Marquise less. He’s still playing at an elite level, and with Slim Shady’s decline in usage, he’d have to catch the plague while being accused of a war crime to lose the best RB award. But, if he wants MVP, he may need to talk to his coaches about taking the ball away from You Know Who and into his hands.

2. WR James Bishop COL (Prev.: 3rd) (@Bwestfield) 48 receptions, 950 yards, 9 TDs

Last time around, I mentioned that James Bishop had a statline that he was hitting with metronomic consistency: five or six receptions, 105 yards, and a score. Divide those season-long numbers by nine games, and what do you get? A little over five receptions, almost exactly 105 yards, and one score. He's become the safest bet in all of football. His individual game lines included six receptions for 116 yards and a score in Week 7, six receptions for 124 yards and a score in Week 8, and his worst game of the season in Week 9: four catches for 78 yards. The Yeti are behind in a lot of games, and that means they're throwing the ball often late in games. That means Bishop will get a chance to improve his numbers, but man, I wanna see some wins from the Yeti.

1. Childish Gambino BAL (Prev.: 1st) (@Renrut) 2888 yards, 59.8% completion, 30 TDs, 4 INTs, 110.8 rating, 5 carries, 35 yards, 1 TD

Nothing has changed. I keep expecting Gambino to have the game that brings him back down to earth, and makes this a race again, but it's not happening, at least not yet. Childish is on a whole nother plane of existence. He threw for five TDs in two of his last three games. His lone blemish as of late was against Yellowknife in Week 8 where he went for 318 yards, three TDs, and two picks. Baltimore still won that game 44-26. In fact, they've scored more than 40 in four straight games and six times out of the nine games played this season. Looking in the offensive Top Performances tab, he has four of the top five games this season. Abandon all ye hope. This is Gambino’s race to lose, and unless he just completely self-destructs, he won't.

1239 words .

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Through Week 9) - DeathOnReddit - 05-29-2019

im so good

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Through Week 9) - YoungTB - 05-29-2019

(05-29-2019, 07:34 PM)DeathOnReddit Wrote:im so good
I'm better

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Through Week 9) - Renrut - 05-30-2019

(05-29-2019, 10:41 PM)YoungTB Wrote:I'm better

I’m betterbetter.

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Through Week 9) - YoungTB - 05-30-2019

(05-30-2019, 02:26 AM)Renrut Wrote:I’m betterbetter.
Definitely not a bad thing

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Through Week 9) - Renrut - 05-30-2019

I’m actually kind of sad I retired and chose not to fight regression longer, but I still didn’t want to play for another team after expansion for a season or two. Born a Hawk. Die a Hawk. #CawCaw