International Simulation Football League
SaberCats Captain Addresses Media - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: SaberCats Captain Addresses Media (/showthread.php?tid=1373)

SaberCats Captain Addresses Media - dropbear - 06-21-2017

What's Wrong in San Jose?

After the San Jose SaberCats suffered a 23 - 3 drubbing at the hands of the Arizona Outlaws -- now their fourth consecutive loss -- a visibly dejected Ben Longshaw approached the away team's locker room. An Arizona Daily Sun reporter was able to get a few words in with the team's captain before he made his way toward the screams of the Head Coach echoing down the tunnel.

M: "Ben, Mark Miwerds from the Daily Sun. Can I get a quick word?"

B: "Oh, yeah sure... go ahead".

M: "I'll get right to the point -- what is wrong with the SaberCats? That's four straight losses now, and the team has a league-worst 1 - 5 record".

B: "Well, I wish I could tell you exactly what was wrong, I do. But it's not that simple. We've got a team full of great guys who are out there at training every day putting in 100%. We've got guys who I think are some of the most committed in the league. But as you can see that doesn't always translate into wins. Some teams have simply 'clicked' from the outset -- the Yeti look live they've been a team for years. We're not quite there, but we've definitely got the pieces".

M: "So would you say that you guys aren't getting along? What's causing the product that we're seeing on the field each week?"

B: "Not at all. The spirits are high in the locker room. We've got a great bunch of guys, I really can't stress that enough. I interact with a lot of other players around the league, and despite the record we've got hanging over our heads right now, I can't imagine being with any other group of guys. Honestly, we just need a bit more polish out on the field, a few more things to come together, and we're gonna start turning heads".

M: "We're approaching the midway point of the season, do you think it's too late to start 'turning heads', or are you still eyeing the playoffs?"

B: "Of course we're still eyeing the playoffs. There's eight games left and we're only two wins away from the Otters who we can jump to make it. We'd have to win at least one more than them because of the tiebreaker, but there's no way I write us off this early. We're loaded with talent and sometimes that takes a while to smooth out and find the best configuration and best way to utilise all of our skills".

M: "Is there anyone in the team that you can point to as perhaps contributing to your lack of success so far?"

Longshaw laughs

B: "Trying to get me to throw my teammates under the bus? We're not the Otters, man. You want to point the finger at a guy? Point it at me. I was taken 16th overall, first offensive lineman off the board, and I'm sitting in the middle of the pack in stats like I'm a late-rounder or undrafted guy. The guys around me on the offensive line are playing their hearts out and racking up some huge numbers. Tebow (@.wahala.) has been mauling guys and he was a goddamn quarterback before the season kicked off! Robicheaux (@Electraspace) has been easily one of the best linemen in the league. It's me who's got to step up his game".

M: "So would you say that you are under-performing? Causing the team to lose? Are you a bust?"

B: "Under-performing? Yes. Causing the team to lose? No. As a unit, we've allowed the fewest sacks of any team in the NSFL and have the third most pancakes. We're also one of the top rushing teams in the league and Bowers Jr. is looking like an MVP out there, even with Wiley taking considerable carries. The line is doing it's job, but it's a bit sporadic. And finally, no, I would not say I'm a bust. But if anyone wants to add fuel to the fire then they can publish their take about me and I'll stick it on my locker".

Longshaw's name echoes down the tunnel from the locker room, and he turns to leave

M: "One last question, Ben. What do you say to the fans who have stuck through this slow start?"

B: "I want to thank them for their support. We're not always going to be winners, but we're always going to be the guys putting in more effort than anyone else in this league and playing our assess off for the city of San Jose. We want you to come along for this ride with us, because you can believe that we're hurting just as much as you are. But when we win that's going to make it all the sweeter. And we will win -- and everyone will regret looking down on us. LET'S GO SABERCATS"!

With a final yell as he heads toward the losing locker room, the voices of his teammates great Longshaw in a joint cry of "LET'S GO SABERCATS"!

SaberCats Captain Addresses Media - RainDelay - 06-21-2017

Nice write-up! We will turn it around!

SJS

SaberCats Captain Addresses Media - White Cornerback - 06-21-2017

But guys what about that #1 pick?

SaberCats Captain Addresses Media - Jbearly - 06-21-2017

I see that shot you fired

(06-22-2017, 10:32 AM)Jbearly Wrote:I see that shot you fired

:ph34r:

(06-22-2017, 10:31 AM)Dermot Wrote:But guys what about that #1 pick?

[Image: giphy.gif]

SaberCats Captain Addresses Media - Anti-Hype - 06-21-2017

Great read, gotta stay positive and just keeping putting in work. It will show.

SaberCats Captain Addresses Media - 7hawk77 - 06-21-2017

This article very accurately portrays my feelings.

SJS