International Simulation Football League
*Top 10 DSFL Prospects and Where They Fit - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Top 10 DSFL Prospects and Where They Fit (/showthread.php?tid=13743)

Pages: 1 2 3

*Top 10 DSFL Prospects and Where They Fit - nickyvmlp - 06-07-2019

The DSFL season is in the books, and now is the time to start looking forward to these guys moving on up to the big leagues. And with the majors expanding to ten teams, it only makes sense to show off the ten highest rated minor leaguers, as they're most likely going to fill out most of the first round. Let's talk about some football.

1. NOR CB Dermot Lavelle Jr. (@White Cornerback)
Current TPE: 223, Activity Level: 9/10
Best Fit: Chicago

Dermot Lavelle Jr. is holding all the cards right now, and those cards look like a royal flush. He's got a healthy lead in the "highest TPE in this draft class" race, and he performed pretty darn well on the field, pulling down four interceptions, 14 deflections, 78 tackles, and even a pick-six. However, because of his level of play so far, Lavelle has recently put out a list of demands for whichever team drafts him, with the possibility of a holdout on the table if they aren't reached. This sounds egotistical, but Lavelle has plenty of leverage here, and can afford to twist a couple of arms. The list of said demands includes the right to be a Day 1 starter at corner and both return spots and a one-year contract that will let him weigh his options next offseason. Now if I recall correctly, the two expansion teams will have the #1 and #2 picks in this years draft, and if he wants to be a Day 1 starter, that seems like the ideal place for him to land. Chicago drafted Xerxes Ridley in the second round, but that could allow Lavelle to blossom on his opposite side. Or Austin could select him; they currently have no one at corner, and while it would be a bit of a trial by fire, he would have the chance to prove himself right away. Plus both teams will have plenty of cap space to accommodate Dermot's contract demands. Seems to me like a perfect fit.

2. POR RB Sam Torenson (@Jonny2x)
Current TPE: 203, Activity Level: 10/10
Best Fit: SJS

The story of Sam Torenson is a remarkable one. He started the season as a first round selection at defensive tackle but after not seeing much action and knowing his draft stock was going down, he took the initiative. He lost a bunch of weight and moved to running back, a position where Portland was struggling to find an undisputed starter. He got the start in Week 9, and Portland never looked back. In just six games, Torenson racked up 481 yards and seven touchdowns. There's a couple of teams that could use his services, but they're some of the better teams, meaning he might not go in the early 1st. Orange County springs to mind, their only active RB is the rookie Apollo Reed, who only performed decently. Some depth would be a welcome sight, if not an outright competition for the starting job. Same for San Jose; all they have is Chris Orosz and a bot, and for a team that runs as much spread option as the Sabercats, they need as much offensive talent as they can find.

3. KCC S Jaylen Storm (@Daybe)
Current TPE: 187, Activity Level: 9/10
Best Fit: BAL

The Kansas City Coyotes greatly exceeded expectations: I had them pegged to win four games this season, and I thought they might be the worst team in the D-League. Instead, they won seven games, and ended up tying Portland for the conference title, and Jaylen Storm definitely played his part in that. He finished the season with 71 tackles, two TFLs, two sacks, four picks, five deflections, and a pick-six. OK, seriously, what didn't this guy do? Both of the expansion teams took safeties in the S15 Draft, so I don't think that'll be the highest priority for them. New Orleans will need some safety help behind William Harrison. Baltimore might go safety again despite taking Walt Green and Fatih Terim last year, just because they have no depth behind them. And San Jose has three high-level safeties, who are all on expiring deals. There aren't any teams that have safety as their #1 priority, but Storm's talent level is too high to let him fall far down the draft board.

4. POR WR Wolfie McDummy (@infinitempg)
Current TPE: 180, Activity Level: 9/10
Best fit: COL

The Pythons offense was bolstered by the emergence of Beauregard Smallwood-Chess as an elite receiver/running back hybrid, but the first overall pick in the DSFL Draft put in some solid work as well. Wolfie McDummy finished the regular season with 45 receptions for 584 yards and three touchdowns. He and the rest of this year's wide receivers class might need to stay down one more year, so they can contend for starting jobs right away, but if Wolfie was drafted by Colorado, he could line be a Day 1 starter, as the Yeti need someone to play opposite of James Bishop. One team that might draft Wolfie and wait a year to bring him up is New Orleans, who currently has an aging Vlad Fyodorovich and an inconsistent Bona'beri Jones at the position.

EDIT: Didn't know that Wolfie was usered by Colorado's GM, so hes probably going there.

5. TIJ WR Laszlo Fourty-Two (@C9Van)
Current TPE: 177, Activity Level: 8/10
Best Fit: YKW

Much like Wolfie, Laszlo Fourty-Two was the #2 receiver on a high powered offense behind a receiver that dominated the league, in this case Rod Tidwell. Thing is, he was also outplayed by fellow rookie Hugh Mongo. Fourty-Two finished the season with 43 catches for 371 yards and four scores (he did lead his team in TDs). That's solid, but they aren't numbers that leap out at you. Still, he's been active, and hasn't missed any updates, even if he didn't upgrade as much as some others. The aforementioned Colorado and New Orleans are on the table for him, as well as Yellowknife, who have a lot of receivers on expiring contracts.

6. POR LB Blake Faux (@AlexF)
Current TPE: 175, Activity Level: 7/10
Best Fit: BAL

This year was a tackling bonanza in the D-League. Teams seemed to go at a quicker pace, which equals more plays, which equals more chances to tackle the ball carrier. Blake Faux capitalized on this trend and finished his rookie season with some very nice numbers: 125 tackles (8th in the D-League, first among rookies), two TFLs, four sacks, six deflections, and a pick. He was outshined a bit by his teammate, Lanzer Grievous, who destroyed the previous DSFL record for tackles in a season (so close to 200), but Faux still definitely turned some heads in the right direction. Baltimore could see linebacker as a need with Austin Roenick and Ben Horne in the clutches of regression. Philadelphia might go there after swinging and missing on Rock Hardshaft last year. And then there's San Jose, who have the best one-two punch at linebacker in the league with Kolby Deringer and Chad Pennington, but they'll both be in regression next season, so he'd likely stay down for a year, before coming up in S17.

7. PB QB Easton Cole (@JKortesi81)
Current TPE: 167, Activity Level: 8/10
Best Fit: Austin

I will fully admit, I was skeptical of Easton Cole at first. His TPE on the day of the DSFL Draft was minuscule (only 55), and yet he still went #2 overall to a team that didn't pick again until the fourth round. I thought Palm Beach reached on a player despite having pressing needs elsewhere, solely because he played a marquee position and was the only quarterback on the board. Boy, was I wrong? Easton was a perfect fit in Palm Beach and was without question the best quarterback in the D-League this season. He led the D-League in completion percentage by five percentage points, he had the most touchdowns, was tied for the fewest picks, and had the highest passer rating. His 88.1 was more than ten points higher than second place Franklin Armstrong. To me, his destination is obvious. He has to be going to New Orleans. Borkus Maximus III bombed this season, and New Orleans needs a new option at quarterback sooner rather than later. They might be able to wait a year while Cole improves in the D-League, but they need someone better pronto. Not to mention, Borkus is in heavy regression AND he's on an expiring contract. New Orleans really should've addressed this last year, but here we are, this needs to be the pick. The only other team I can see going QB is Philadelphia, if they want to get way ahead of Adriana Falconi's regression like Orange County did last year with Gus T.T. Showbiz, but even that's a stretch.

EDIT: Easton Cole's user is a GM for the Austin Copperheads, so he's going there. Didn't know that. Might be a rough rookie season.

8. SA CB Anthony Rowland (@ARJ04)
Current TPE: 166, Activity Level: 3/10
Best Fit: COL

Well this is a darn shame. Anthony Rowland came into this year's draft class with all the momentum in the world on his side. He had a very nice TPE, he was writing articles, and it looked like Lavelle vs. Rowland was going to be a storyline all through the year, into the draft, and for years to come. But sadly, Rowland stopped updating a month ago, and he's lingered at the same level he was at back then, while Lavelle ascended to stardom (which probably raised his ego even more, he won the war). He finished the season with 69 tackles, three picks, and 12 deflections. Some team will likely take a chance on him in the second or maybe even third, hoping he'll come back into the fold, but as it stands his rookie season was a wasted one.

9. TIJ WR Hugh Mongo (@speculadora)
Current TPE: 156, Activity Level: 6/10
Best Fit: OCO

Hugh Mongo and Laszlo Fourty-Two were basically in lock-step in TPE all season long, but by the end of the season, Hugh had a significantly better year than Laszlo, finishing his rookie campaign with 48 receptions for 650 yards and one score. However, there's a slight problem with Mr. Mongo. He hasn't updated in two weeks, which explains why the near mirrored TPEs of these two has suddenly drifted apart. Which is weird, because his user is a GM, so you'd think there wouldn't be this gap, but here we are. I think he'll still be active, especially in the majors, but this gap in posts is just odd. Either way, the aforementioned receiver-needy teams are still in play (Colorado, New Orleans, Yellowknife), but also keep an eye out for Orange County, the team Mongo's user is GMing. They have two good young receivers in Sunnycursed and Django Anoa'i, but with Carlito Crush retiring soon, they could use a new #3.

10. SA K/P ForThe Brand (@Renrut)
Current TPE: 152, Activity Level: 8/10
Best Fit: COL

I finally get to talk about a kicker, it's practically Christmas. ForThe Brand had a moderately successful rookie year, making all but one of his extra point attempts, and going 21/25 on field goals. He did miss one kick inside 30 yards, and he missed his only attempt beyond 50 yards, but he was a very impressive 7/7 on kicks in the 40-49 yard range. There are plenty of teams who could start ForThe right away, as he'd be better than anyone else they have on their rosters, specifically Baltimore, Yellowknife, and Colorado. Arizona might also be in the running, since Dean Jackson is nearing retirement. And if I recall correctly, Stephen Harris Jr. was a first round kicker a couple of years ago, so if you don't think someone will pull a Janikowski in the first, you've got another thing coming.

2081 words .

*Top 10 DSFL Prospects and Where They Fit - speculadora - 06-07-2019

I've been doing PTs and such just haven't gotten around to updating bc I'm lazy

(06-07-2019, 12:59 PM)speculadora Wrote:I've been doing PTs and such just haven't gotten around to updating bc I'm lazy
Yea I figured it was something like that since you were still here according to your profile.

*Top 10 DSFL Prospects and Where They Fit - infinitempg - 06-07-2019

i switched to QB btw

otherwise this is a great article!

*Top 10 DSFL Prospects and Where They Fit - JKortesi81 - 06-07-2019

Just for the record, I’m going to be the QB in Austin since I’m co-GM there. <3

*Top 10 DSFL Prospects and Where They Fit - AlexF - 06-07-2019

Just posted my update for the week. TPE is actually at 192 total.

I probably know the answer to this but it wasn't addressed in the blurb: why the 7/10 activity?

(06-07-2019, 01:30 PM)AlexF Wrote:Just posted my update for the week. TPE is actually at 192 total.

I probably know the answer to this but it wasn't addressed in the blurb: why the 7/10 activity?

There was at least one week missing on your update page

*Top 10 DSFL Prospects and Where They Fit - C9Van - 06-07-2019

Draft me.

*Top 10 DSFL Prospects and Where They Fit - RaiderNation - 06-07-2019

Keep y'all's eyes open for an upcoming CB.
Sleeper? Steal of the draft?

*Top 10 DSFL Prospects and Where They Fit - ValorX77 - 06-07-2019

(06-07-2019, 08:13 PM)C9Van Wrote:Draft me.
We’ll take ya.