International Simulation Football League
The Outlaws Defense is Good - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: The Outlaws Defense is Good (/showthread.php?tid=1375)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Outlaws Defense is Good - ErMurazor - 06-22-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]ARI ARI ARI [/div]
The Arizona Outlaws have the best defense in the league. Sure maybe some other teams are allowing fewer yards per rush or fewer total yards per game. But the last time I checked teams don’t get any points for yards. At the end of the day that is the only thing that matters: points.

The Outlaws have allowed the fewest points on the season at just 92. This feat is more impressive when you consider how poor other facets of the Outlaws have been throughout the season. The offense has been nothing to write home about; leading the league in punts with 9 more than the next closest team (the two win Hawks). To the offense’s credit they’ve been effective at not turning over the ball and playing it safe, knowing their defense can stop the opponents. The offense has scored 93 points this season, the second worst in the league just above the 1-win Saber Cats. To compound the issue, the Outlaws have the worst special teams group in the league; last in both punting average and field goal percentage.

So, how the heck have they won four games? Defense! The Outlaw’s defense has scored 23 points for the team. The rest of the league’s defenses have scored 34 points. Not only are the Outlaws stopping the other teams from scoring points, they’re directly scoring points on their own.

As for other stats, the Outlaws are lacking in sacks with just 16, tied for second worst in the league. The Outlaws lead the league in tackles for loss with 21. The Outlaws have generated 15 turnovers in 6 games, another best in the league.

If the Outlaws can start to put together a more fierce defensive line and the rest of the team maintains its level of play, watch out NSFL; because that defense is going to be even scarier. Only time will tell if it is scary enough to carry the rest of the team to a championship.

Code:
330 words

@Bushito @Destroyer @Ramadeus @youngcricket @DeathOnReddit @RayCobaine @Blaster @theFlock @Foompin @Valtookan @Kendrick

The Outlaws Defense is Good - Foompin - 06-22-2017

ARI ARI

The Outlaws Defense is Good - DELIRIVM - 06-22-2017

They're pretty good. Not Yeti good but nobody can be perfect. Wink

The Outlaws Defense is Good - timeconsumer - 06-22-2017

(06-22-2017, 02:40 PM)incitehysteria Wrote:They're pretty good. Not Yeti good but nobody can be perfect. Wink

[Image: ig7pxGs.png]

Yeti good looks pretty average to me when it comes to defense.

(06-22-2017, 11:51 AM)timeconsumer Wrote:[Image: ig7pxGs.png]

Yeti good looks pretty average to me when it comes to defense.

Easily the best pressure defense. We're 3rd in Sacks (by 2), 2nd in Interceptions, 2nd in TFL and have been extremely clutch. Pure yardage numbers mean nothing if you're able to turn the tide often.

We've given up a fair amount of points, true. But we've easily been the best all-around pressure defense and easily the most clutch.

The Outlaws Defense is Good - DeathOnReddit - 06-22-2017

Yeti better defense than Outlaws? I think we need to get you a drug test.

(06-22-2017, 12:45 PM)DeathOnReddit Wrote:Yeti better defense than Outlaws? I think we need to get you a drug test.

[Image: mJeCxwdHRN2ypovrDSButQ.png]

They've both been fairly good. I know the low sack count really is detrimental to the Outlaws. Your front can't get a lot of pressure on the QB. It is great you have really good DBs though. The only reason your defense has been fairly good is turnovers.

Yards aren't my favorite measurement of Defense because there are a lot of factors involved with that. But the Yeti are the only team in the top 3 in both Sacks (3rd) and Interceptions (2nd).

The Outlaws Defense is Good - Kendrick - 06-22-2017

(06-22-2017, 12:25 PM)incitehysteria Wrote:Easily the best pressure defense. We're 3rd in Sacks (by 2), 2nd in Interceptions, 2nd in TFL and have been extremely clutch. Pure yardage numbers mean nothing if you're able to turn the tide often.

We've given up a fair amount of points, true. But we've easily been the best all-around pressure defense and easily the most clutch.
But the name of the game is keeping the other team out of the end zone. So like you said yardage means little if you change the tide. Arizona doesn't allow teams to get in the end zone.

(06-22-2017, 12:59 PM)Kendrick Wrote:But the name of the game is keeping the other team out of the end zone. So like you said yardage means little if you change the tide. Arizona doesn't allow teams to get in the end zone.

At the end of the day one team is 5-1 and the other is 4-2.

The Outlaws Defense is Good - ErMurazor - 06-22-2017

(06-22-2017, 12:01 PM)incitehysteria Wrote:At the end of the day one team is 5-1 and the other is 4-2.

Well that's a shift from who has the best defense to who has the best team. Which wasn't what we were arguing.

The Yeti offense has scored 28 more points than the Outlaw offense. You've had one less turnover from your offense, your punter averages 3.5 more yards an attempt, and I don't even need to go into place kicking.

Are the Yetis an overall better team? The record says yes. We'll see how the season goes out.

Do they have the better defense? Nah son.