International Simulation Football League
*Three Guest Interview - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Three Guest Interview (/showthread.php?tid=13963)

*Three Guest Interview - Duilio05 - 06-23-2019

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Welcome to the Late Late Late Late Night Show. I am your host Robbie Fuel. That’s right, the same Robbie Fuel that has brought you great media articles as S15 Players Contending for OROY and DROY, and S15 NSFL Draft Recap, is now hosting a late night tv show. For my premiere episode I have three incredible players from the National Simulation Football League. For those who don’t know about the league, they just finished their fifteenth season. The Baltimore Hawks are the current reigning Champions and all the General Managers are getting ready for the next draft. They have been scoping out all the fresh young faces that have been playing in the Developmental Simulation Football League who are hoping to move up to the NSFL.

My first guess tonight comes from the San Antonio Marshals. After being regular season champs in Season 14 and missing the Ultmini by a playoff game, they struggled to a 5-8-1 record. They had a few bright spots with LB Van Buren and K Brand. However down the stretch the team finished the season 3-1, and a big reason for that is the improved play by rookie QB Peter Larson. Please welcome to the set Peter Larson.

*Audience Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap*[/div]

[div align=\\\"left\\\"]Hello Peter, welcome to the Late Late Late Late Night Show premier. To start off I’ll ask you an easy question. What is your favorite cookie?

“Gifflar, they are from Sweden but available everywhere in Denmark too. They are like mini cinnamon buns that are cookie sized. I just found out that I can pick them up at the IKEA in Austin. I bought out their supply before I remembered they have a short shelf life. My Marshal team mates got awfully bored of them.”

Mini cinnamon buns? That sounds delicious, wish you brought me some. So I understand you were a late arrival for the 15 season, and that when San Antonio selected you off waivers they coerced you into playing QB, however you really want to play tight end in the NSFL. Why is that?

“Brutally I am just not sure I have what it takes to carry a team in the NsFL as a QB. As far as TE I have always valued being flexible in my approach to games and the TE is the ultimate Swiss army knife for a NSFL team. From my goalie work I actually have amazingly fast hands perfect for both hitting the catch in stride as well as for landing blocks. I am really excited to be part of a few units, as well since it's lonely being a QB.”

Ah that is right, you’re a two sport athlete already building a career in the SHL. In the first part of the season San Antonio struggled to a 2-7-1 record after Week 10. What were your emotions during that?

“It was rough. Not an ideal start to my first season for sure. But really they were frustrating more than crippling. We lost a number of close games having pulled a head in the 4th. As always TC kept us focused and on what we could do about it. “

Over the last four weeks the team finished the season 3-1, what do you think led to your end of season success?

“Honestly. I am not sure we changed that much we just had some on field calls go our way and some good plays that actually came off. I want to say the defense stepped up or that I did. But truth be told I think we just got some luck to counter the poor luck at the start of the season.”

You have a Twitter account. In a recent tweet, you @ all the NSFL GM's. Does that mean you don't have a preference where you play at the next level? Has anyone reached out to you yet?

“So far a couple of people have reached out, however I just really wanted to make sure that all the GMs knew who and what they would be assessing come draft Day. I just really don't want to mislead or confuse anyone.”

Speaking of GMs, you have two new ones for the Marshals, which has the worst/grossest habit, and what is it?

“I operate by a fairly strict what happens in the team stays with the team. But. I will say that Shady chewing tobacco is a bit weird. Didn't expect to see that in the states.“

You clearly haven’t explored enough of the west if you didn’t expect to see chewing tobacco in the states. Last season the Marshals had a group of players nickname themselves the “Fabulous V”. Do you think the FabV are over compensating for something?

“They were before my time on the field, but if their on field performance matches their locker room presence, then I doubt it. “

One final question for you Peter. I hear rumors you expect to play in the DSFL another season. How do you think your second season will compare to your first?

“So second, season. I think it's going to be different for sure. We have the new GM team, hopefully some new draftees coming in, I am definitely more confident in my abilities both with my arms and legs.

I think coming in as a returning member of the lockerroom will make a big difference, hopefully being able to help the rookies we bring in acclimatise and get their comfort levels high with the game. I think if we as a team can do that we will be in a much better position this season to make a consistent impact against the other Dsfl teams.”[/div]

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Great stuff. Our second guest is actually one of the FabV - Quenton Bode. Welcome to the set Bode. Lets jump right into things. Why were you excited to watch the Ultimus Championship? [/div]

[div align=\\\"left\\\"]“I'm obviously very disappointed that NOLA isn't playing in the Ultimus this season, and it's always hard to watch a championship game instead of playing in it. But I love the game of football, so I'm excited to see two of the best teams in the league go head-to-head for a championship. I think we're gonna see a great game, and I'm really looking forward to watching the high-level play that these two teams are sure to bring. “

We certainly got high-level play from one team. Coming up quickly is the expansion draft. Which teammates do you hope aren't taken in expansion draft?

“I honestly don't want to lose any of my teammates in the expansion draft. The guys I'm closest to--Gump and Sloth-- are automatically protected, which is great. But I'd hate to see any of our veterans leave, whether that's Bork, Swift, Vlad, Harrison, or any of them. They've each been great at making me feel welcome in the locker room and helping me adjust to the NSFL, and losing their mentorship and support would be difficult. I want to keep this team exactly as it is”

That adjustment to the NSFL from DSFL can be difficult. How have you grown as a player since you were first drafted to San Antonio?

“That's a really good question. I think I've learned a lot about the inner workings of the league. Coming in to San Antonio, I just expected to play ball. But TC saw something in me, and decided to start mentoring me and teaching me the ins and outs of the league. I never really thought I would be interested in those sorts of things, but the more I've learned, and the more I've talked with TC and now Juosu in New Orleans, the more passionate I am about that aspect of the game. I'm still excited to play, of course, but there's a whole new level to the game that I'm really enjoying.”

Concerning that, as you put it, ‘whole new level to the game’, what are your current goals for being involved with the league?

“I have some irons in the fire as far as becoming more involved with the league. I don't want to give away too much, but I believe an announcement will be made soon and I think a lot of people are going to be surprised. As far as goals, I just want to make sure that my involvement with the league has a positive impact, and helps make the league even better than it already is.”[/div]

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Thank you for your time Bode, those were quality answers. My final guest couldn’t make it to the studio, so he is actually calling in. Please briefly welcome the previous San Antonio GM, Timeconsumer! How have you enjoyed retirement since stepping down from being GM?

“Well I'm getting ready to head to Belize for a week on a fishing trip so that's going to be pretty exciting. Then once I get back from there I'm looking forward to some kayaking and camping this summer.”

Oh, look at the time, our hour is over. Thank you to the three interviewees for being on the show. Good Morning![/div]

Code:
Duilio05 360
@[terriblehippo] 400
@[Tomasnz] 700
@[Timeconsumer] 40