International Simulation Football League
*Gekyume's Chicago Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Gekyume's Chicago Presser (/showthread.php?tid=13985)

*Gekyume's Chicago Presser - soryantyler - 06-24-2019

Ready for Grading (2x Draft media)

Gekyume Stokeley will be taking questions for his new team the Chicago Butchers as he was traded this offseason from the Arizona Outlaws.

(06-24-2019, 06:41 PM)ValorX77 Wrote:Hello!

What was your initial reaction to the trade?

How do you feel about the butcher this season?

Do you have any expectations this season?

Hello!

1. My initial reaction to the trade was more or less good. I'm more happy that it got done as fast as it did and also helped out my former team in a point to where they didn't just lose something completely that got some good things in return for me, which I was happy with.

2. Hmm, the Butchers this season? I'm not 100% sure, to be honest I know I played in a stacked LB core in Arizona and over here it seems like I'll get more opportunities to shine so I'm going to do everything I can on defense to help this organization win games this upcoming season.

3. I missed the Pro Bowl/All-Star game. I'm a damn good linebacker in this league and I'm going to make that fucking team this year. I will help put this defense on the map! I want my play to speak for itself and show why I should be considered the best linebacker in the league.

(06-24-2019, 06:41 PM)flyeaglesfly29 Wrote:How does it feel to be a part of the Chicago Butchers?

What are you looking forward to most after joining the team?

You are a key part of a very young and upcoming defense, how's that make you feel?

1. Chicago is a fucking sports town if I've ever seen one. The culture here is amazing and I'd love to be able to meet up with some other sports players from the Chicago area teams. Chicago has been so welcoming to me it's been amazing. The locker room has been pretty good so far.

2. I'm looking forward to helping command this defense and make it one that is feared. I want to be labeled the best linebacker in the league and the best way for that to happen is by being the #1 defense in the league!

3. I was apart of a young and upcoming defense before and we were great, nothing has changed except my role seems to be bigger and I love to be a part of something special. Always glad to be able to play with guys my age of course as well.

(06-24-2019, 06:43 PM)gucci Wrote:Which teammates are you going to miss the most from your old team the Arizona Outlaws?

Can I say most of them? I only had beef with one guy that I just didn't want to be a part of. Lee probably the most we were drafted together and we were supposed to be the best linebacking duo to ever grace the field but I'm sorry I ruined that opportunity.

(06-24-2019, 06:46 PM)Hydracronis Wrote:What do you feel is the most important thing you can do to take your game to the next level?

I'm heading into my 2nd year in the pros and my fourth year overall. I think with my first full year under my belt I'm ready to take the next step mentally and become a leader. I'm currently locked in on this season coming up and only this season. I'm putting it all on the line this year.

(06-24-2019, 08:28 PM)Muford Wrote:After seeing what Chicago has done so far, with the draft fast approaching, do you think you guys will be able to compete this year?

If not this year, when if at all do you see Chicago competing? How has your interactions been with the General Managers? Anything you wish could be changed?

How do you feel about being part of an expansion team? Any hopes?

With your contract up after this season, do you see Chicago as a new home, or is this just a rental trade and you plan to go somewhere else?

Finally, throughout all of this, are you mad some other teams didn't try to trade for you? If not Chicago, where else would you play?

1. I honestly haven't paid much attention to what the organization has done before or since I've gotten here. I know I was traded right around the expansion draft time so I joined with a bunch of new teammates at once and I've met a few of them in the locker room here and there but this offseason has been about focusing on myself and figuring out what and where I want to be going into my second season so I can take the next step not only for myself but for my new team in Chicago.

2. Like I said I'm going to give it my all to try and win as many games as possible, as long as I'm doing my part I can't complain but just know if I'm doing my part I'll hold other players responsible if i think they aren't playing to their own capabilities. The General Managers have been great, to be honest, I myself have never really interacted with them before this so meeting fresh new welcoming faces is always good and they obviously want and value me otherwise they wouldn't have traded for me. Nothing really needs changing, I'm content with how things went done my former GM was a great guy and understood my feelings and why we needed to part ways.

3. It's just another team ya know? Like the team, I was on before this was a rebuilding team so it's a fairly similar situation but here I can instantly become the best player to ever put on a Butcher's jersey.

4. In all honesty, I plan on going to Free Agency and seeing what I'm worth but I will say if no offers are wooing me and not much if any better than what the Chicago team offered I'd probably return because they obviously want me otherwise they wouldn't have traded for me. But for now that's enough talk about next offseason, I'm 100% focused on this season as a Butcher.

5. I was contacted by about 75% of the league no cap. All I got a say is if you didn't even try for me you a fool.

(06-24-2019, 09:55 PM)To12143 Wrote:With the draft coming up, who are you looking for the Butchers to draft most? Is there any rookie you want to play with when the season starts?

I'd love to get Blake Faux to pair with me at Linebacker! Dude is a stud and could learn a thing or two from me. Also, Sam Torensen the HB would be a huge pick and would help rest our defense with some big runs when he can. Both users are fantastic as well and I'd love to have either one of them on this team!

*Gekyume's Chicago Presser - ValorX77 - 06-24-2019

Hello!

What was your initial reaction to the trade?

How do you feel about the butcher this season?

Do you have any expectations this season?

*Gekyume's Chicago Presser - flyeaglesfly29 - 06-24-2019

How does it feel to be a part of the Chicago Butchers?

What are you looking forward to most after joining the team?

You are a key part of a very young and upcoming defense, how's that make you feel?

*Gekyume's Chicago Presser - gucci - 06-24-2019

Which teammates are you going to miss the most from your old team the Arizona Outlaws?

*Gekyume's Chicago Presser - Hydracronis - 06-24-2019

What do you feel is the most important thing you can do to take your game to the next level?

*Gekyume's Chicago Presser - Muford - 06-24-2019

After seeing what Chicago has done so far, with the draft fast approaching, do you think you guys will be able to compete this year?

If not this year, when if at all do you see Chicago competing? How has your interactions been with the General Managers? Anything you wish could be changed?

How do you feel about being part of an expansion team? Any hopes?

With your contract up after this season, do you see Chicago as a new home, or is this just a rental trade and you plan to go somewhere else?

Finally, throughout all of this, are you mad some other teams didn't try to trade for you? If not Chicago, where else would you play?

*Gekyume's Chicago Presser - Oles - 06-24-2019

With the draft coming up, who are you looking for the Butchers to draft most? Is there any rookie you want to play with when the season starts?

*Gekyume's Chicago Presser - soryantyler - 06-25-2019

Grade pls