International Simulation Football League
*Forrest Gump + Jimmy Dugan Joint Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Forrest Gump + Jimmy Dugan Joint Presser (/showthread.php?tid=13996)

*Forrest Gump + Jimmy Dugan Joint Presser - TomHanks - 06-25-2019

Two strikingly similar looking figures sit at the press table, surrounded my cameras and microphones.

Forrest Gump: "Thank you guys for comin'. Before I leave the Luchadores organisation to officially join New Orleans, my GM Jimmy Dugan and I have decided to do a joint press conference."

Jimmy Dugan: "Ya, ya, let's get this moving ok? I got places to be. If you've got a question for either one of us specifically let us know who, otherwise we'll both answer."

(06-25-2019, 04:58 PM)Bigred1580 Wrote:For Gump

How do you see yourself being used by the Second Line?

What is your crowning achievement in the DSFL?

For Dugan

What is your strategy going into the DSFL Contraction?

Why are you still obsessed with OLineman?

Forrest:
"With Tyler Swift already on the team, I reckon he's going to handle a lot of the receiving back situations and move out to the slot fairly often, where I'll be more the the focus on rushin' downs. Y'all know I just love runnin' and I can't wait to get out there and start runnin' in the big leagues. Don't think we're gonna be a one dimensional backfield pair though. Get me out in some open space with the ball in my hand and I can make some guys miss, whether I gotta catch it first or if they just hand it to me. Swift is a talent no matter where he lines up, so not gettin' him some time as the runner wouldn't be fair to him either."

"I really wish I had an Ultimini to mention here, but we couldn't get it done this season. Winnin' the MVP last night is an amazing honour though, and one I couldn't be more proud to have been selected for. I played hard all season long and it was real nice to be recognized by the league."

Jimmy:
"Well as you guys know, I brought on one of the GMs of one of the teams that's unfortunately being contracted, Scorp. So that's the first part of my strategy. I was getting overworked, and I fixed that. The team is losing a lot of talent this off-season, so we're looking to use the contraction draft to plug some holes, and the proper draft to look for talent for the future. We've got some guys picked out that we're really hoping to get, but scouting is still going on. Won't say too much more since I don't want to give away information."

"Obsessed is a strong word, don't you think? Nevertheless, why shouldn't I be passionate about the offensive line? What unit was responsible for making holes that Forrest here could run through? You think he wins MVP without those big guys up front putting in work? We said we were gonna build the wall in Tijuana, and God bless us, we did it. We put together a group of 5 human offensive linemen, something unheard of in the DSFL. The offensive line needs to be the most cohesive positional group, and chemistry is damn hard to create when you're lined up next to a robot. We wanted to protect our star QB as well. How do we do that? With the best damn offensive line in the league. If you can win in the trenches, you can win the game a hell of a lot more easily. Maybe I am a little bit obsessed."

(06-25-2019, 05:27 PM)ValorX77 Wrote:Questions for Gump:

How do you feel about the second line and their new QB Stan Francisco?

For Dugan:

How do you feel about being the gm for the Luchadores?

Why does Leaf hate Tijuana?

Forrest:
"I'm real excited to be startin' a new chapter of my life in New Orleans. We had a rough go of it this season, but also two of us stayed down here in Mexico to have another run at the Ultimini, so you'll all see a lot of improvement next year, I can promise you that. Stan Francisco is a real talented athlete, not only making the pro bowl as a tight end this season, but deciding to switch positions to be our QB of the future going forwards. Super smart and has solid accuracy, if there's one thing to work on there it's arm strength. Shouldn't be a problem though, check down to me, Swift, or Fyodo and we'll run it to the house."

Jimmy:
"How do I feel? Right now, hungover. About the team? Damn good. Love this group of guys, we got a good thing going here and we're ready to compete each and every day. There's bound to be a ton of turnover, that's the nature of development leagues, but I coached baseball minors back in the day, development leagues aren't something that's new to me. I know we can keep the atmosphere in the locker room the same as it's been the last two seasons, and that's the most important thing. Also, the city of Tijuana has some amazing perks on its own."

"I have three guesses. Firstly, poor judgement. We're all about the trenches here in Tijuana so a defensive tackle should love us. For god sake we had 1.5x as many sacks as the next closest team. Second, jealousy. We're the best, and people hate the best. Real Madrid, the Yankees, the Warriors, everyone hates on the best. Third and finally, because Ryan Leaf Jr. failed to make it past the Wall and sack Corvo Havran this season."

(06-25-2019, 05:39 PM)RaiderNation Wrote:To Gump:

How do you feel your transition will be from the DSFL to the NSFL?

With winning RBotY last night in the DSFL, do you feel you can repeat that success in the next level?

To Dugan:

What are you most excited about with your Luchadores team going into next season?

Forrest:
"Smooth I reckon. I got an extra season to get better, although I don't really know how much better you can get at runnin'. I feel faster going into this season which I didn't think was possible so that's real good. I hope I can get in the end zone as much as I did in the DSFL at the next level though, all my best good friends on the team really seem to love it when I do. I'll be leaving behind some of my linemen, I'll be sad about that, but there's a lot of talent a the next stage of my career, and I'm ready to compete against the best."

"Running back of the year, MVP, in the discussion for offensive player of the year, last night was an amazin' night for me. It feels good to be recognized for doin' my best out there, and I'm gonna keep doin' my best for the rest of my career. There's a lot of talented running backs and defenders in the big leagues though, so I don't know how fast I'll be able to perform at the top level alongside guys like Brown. If anyone can do it quickly though, it's me."

Jimmy:
"All the new faces we're going to be able to bring in. Not only my new co-GM, but also the new players. This class is huge both in numbers and in the amount of talent. I love all the guys I brought in last season, but there were a lot fewer of them to look through. I'm looking forward to meeting the new guys and seeing how they'll fit in the locker room, and can't wait to welcome a big crop of new athletes (and possibly some returning ones) to Tijuana."

(06-26-2019, 02:49 AM)Duilio05 Wrote:Why is Life like a Box of Chocolates?

How often do Gump and Dugan talk to each other?

Is Gump Hyde and Dugan Jekyll? Or the other way around?

Forrest:
“‘Cause you never know what you’re going to get.”

Jimmy:
“Because Forrest is an idealist and isn’t smart enough to check the bottom of the box.”

Forrest:
“I love my GM, he and I are like peas and carrots, we talk all the time.”

Jimmy:
“Too much if you ask me. I talk to myself enough without having to talk to a dumber version of myself.”

Forrest:
“I don’t know, I just like runnin’. Which one of them is the runner?”

Jimmy:
“I think that proves I’m the brains of the operation. That’d make me Jekyll. But, I’m also the one who’s going to cause trouble if the need arises, so I have my moments as our Hyde as well.”

(06-29-2019, 09:58 AM)Duilio05 Wrote:Who in the Tijuana locker room do you hope will step up and lead your new class of rookies?

What is the best item/object/thing in the Tijuana locker room? Do you have an endless supply of chocolates?

What tradition does Tijuana do before every game?

Forrest:
“Well we got a lot of real nice guys in the locker room, former players included. The guy returnin’ who’s been active constantly since joining the team who I’m really hoping will step up and lead the offensive side of the ball, I think Laszlo Forty-Two can be a guy to show people the ropes. He’s got a funny way of talkin’ but what he’s always got the team in mind first. Defensively, while he hasn’t been ‘round too long, Jordan Andrews has shown he can step up and be a leader, so I’m glad Jimmy was able to bring him back in the draft.”

Jimmy:
“Me, obviously. If you want something done right you have to do it yourself, so I will personally be ensuring each rookie knows what’s going on and is ready to go for game day each and every week. There’s no replacement for the leadership of the right person, and believe you me, I am the only right person for this job.”

Forrest:
“Life is like a box of chocolates, but the best thing in the Tijuana locker room is the endless supply of Doctor Pepper. When Jimmy installed the mini fridge I must’ve drank me 15 of ‘em. I’ll see if we can get an endless supply of chocolates too, that’s a real good idea.”

Jimmy:
“This may come as a surprise, but I’m actually going to agree with Forrest, at least partially. Obviously I’m not saying Dr. Pepper is the best part, but that mini bar is. I originally bought the soda as a mixer, but I’m not going to stop to team from enjoying it, so long as they keep their mitts off my booze. But that bad boy is fully stocked at all times, per my new contract, and I’m working on negotiating to get a keginator installed too. That might beat out the bar as my favourite thing once that gets here.”

Forrest:
“Everyone’s got their own rituals, and we like to respect that. Once everyone’s feeling good and ready to go, Jimmy gives us a pre game speech and then leads us all in a prayer. Being from Alabama and raised religious I really like that.”

This is met by murmurs from the crowd about what business Jimmy Dugan has leading a prayer

“What? I’m a man of God. As a matter of fact let me give you a preview of what the prayer will be before the upcoming preseason game, I adapted it from one I used when coaching women’s baseball:
Uh, Lord, hallowed be Thy name. May our feet be swift; may our tackles be mighty; may our balls be thrown accurately. Lord, I'd just like to thank You for that waitress in South Bend. You know who she is - she kept calling Your name.”

*Forrest Gump + Jimmy Dugan Joint Presser - Bigred1580 - 06-25-2019

For Gump

How do you see yourself being used by the Second Line?

What is your crowning achievement in the DSFL?

For Dugan

What is your strategy going into the DSFL Contraction?

Why are you still obsessed with OLineman?

*Forrest Gump + Jimmy Dugan Joint Presser - ValorX77 - 06-25-2019

Questions for Gump:

How do you feel about the second line and their new QB Stan Francisco?

For Dugan:

How do you feel about being the gm for the Luchadores?

Why does Leaf hate Tijuana?

*Forrest Gump + Jimmy Dugan Joint Presser - RaiderNation - 06-25-2019

To Gump:

How do you feel your transition will be from the DSFL to the NSFL?

With winning RBotY last night in the DSFL, do you feel you can repeat that success in the next level?

To Dugan:

What are you most excited about with your Luchadores team going into next season?

*Forrest Gump + Jimmy Dugan Joint Presser - Duilio05 - 06-25-2019

Why is Life like a Box of Chocolates?

*Forrest Gump + Jimmy Dugan Joint Presser - TomHanks - 06-27-2019

(06-26-2019, 02:49 AM)Duilio05 Wrote:Why is Life like a Box of Chocolates?

Forrest:
“‘Cause you never know what you’re going to get.”

Jimmy:
“Because Forrest is an idealist and isn’t smart enough to check the bottom of the box.”

Forrest:
“I love my GM, he and I are like peas and carrots, we talk all the time.”

Jimmy:
“Too much if you ask me. I talk to myself enough without having to talk to a dumber version of myself.”

Forrest:
“I don’t know, I just like runnin’. Which one of them is the runner?”

Jimmy:
“I think that proves I’m the brains of the operation. That’d make me Jekyll. But, I’m also the one who’s going to cause trouble if the need arises, so I have my moments as our Hyde as well.”

*Forrest Gump + Jimmy Dugan Joint Presser - Duilio05 - 06-29-2019

Who in the Tijuana locker room do you hope will step up and lead your new class of rookies?

What is the best item/object/thing in the Tijuana locker room? Do you have an endless supply of chocolates?

*Forrest Gump + Jimmy Dugan Joint Presser - TomHanks - 07-04-2019

(06-29-2019, 09:58 AM)Duilio05 Wrote:Who in the Tijuana locker room do you hope will step up and lead your new class of rookies?

Forrest:
“Well we got a lot of real nice guys in the locker room, former players included. The guy returnin’ who’s been active constantly since joining the team who I’m really hoping will step up and lead the offensive side of the ball, I think Laszlo Forty-Two can be a guy to show people the ropes. He’s got a funny way of talkin’ but what he’s always got the team in mind first. Defensively, while he hasn’t been ‘round too long, Jordan Andrews has shown he can step up and be a leader, so I’m glad Jimmy was able to bring him back in the draft.”

Jimmy:
“Me, obviously. If you want something done right you have to do it yourself, so I will personally be ensuring each rookie knows what’s going on and is ready to go for game day each and every week. There’s no replacement for the leadership of the right person, and believe you me, I am the only right person for this job.”

Forrest:
“Life is like a box of chocolates, but the best thing in the Tijuana locker room is the endless supply of Doctor Pepper. When Jimmy installed the mini fridge I must’ve drank me 15 of ‘em. I’ll see if we can get an endless supply of chocolates too, that’s a real good idea.”

Jimmy:
“This may come as a surprise, but I’m actually going to agree with Forrest, at least partially. Obviously I’m not saying Dr. Pepper is the best part, but that mini bar is. I originally bought the soda as a mixer, but I’m not going to stop to team from enjoying it, so long as they keep their mitts off my booze. But that bad boy is fully stocked at all times, per my new contract, and I’m working on negotiating to get a keginator installed too. That might beat out the bar as my favourite thing once that gets here.”

Forrest:
“Everyone’s got their own rituals, and we like to respect that. Once everyone’s feeling good and ready to go, Jimmy gives us a pre game speech and then leads us all in a prayer. Being from Alabama and raised religious I really like that.”

This is met by murmurs from the crowd about what business Jimmy Dugan has leading a prayer

“What? I’m a man of God. As a matter of fact let me give you a preview of what the prayer will be before the upcoming preseason game, I adapted it from one I used when coaching women’s baseball:
Uh, Lord, hallowed be Thy name. May our feet be swift; may our tackles be mighty; may our balls be thrown accurately. Lord, I'd just like to thank You for that waitress in South Bend. You know who she is - she kept calling Your name.”