International Simulation Football League
*Sneak Peek interview with Saba Donut - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Sneak Peek interview with Saba Donut (/showthread.php?tid=14003)

*Sneak Peek interview with Saba Donut - SabaDonutMan - 06-25-2019

ready to be graded - double draft day media - 1018 words according to google docs

Today on Sneak Peek we have gotten the once in a lifetime chance to interview a DSFL draft prospect and Ultimini Champion Saba Donut. Saba, the 200 pound 6'2" WR coming out Oregon, posted very good numbers coming out of college. These numbers are what led him to be a top WR prospect for the DSFL draft. He is the brother Ducky Donut, an RB coming out of Oregon who is also a prospect for the DSFL draft. He was picked up off of waivers by the Solar Bears(Breaking News, the Solar Bears will no longer be a user controlled team going into season 16) and helped them win the Season 15 Ultimini. Of course we had many questions we wanted to ask but we had to narrow it down. Here were the questions we asked and these were his answers.

1) You've probably been asked this 100 times but, are there any team you want to play for?

Not at all. Yes, I have been asked this about 100 times and I always say the same thing. I don't care where I play because I know I'm going to work hard, play hard, and succeed. Every team is going to be happy with my production. Also, anyone can get used to where they live. Even if its the freezing arctic or the dry desert, I would find a way to make it fun and live happily with it.

2) What made you want to play WR in the first place?

I can't really think of one reason why I wanted to play WR. I do however, remember a couple of things regarding why I picked WR. My Dad used to watch football with me and point out all the fast players. Most of the time it was WRs and RBs. Also, whenever my friends and I played backyard football I played WR and excelled at it. Yet, the true reason I think I picked WR was because it was fun to me. Catching the ball, burning DBs, scoring touchdowns all make get me excited and makes me truly enjoy the game.

3) Where do you think you will go in the DSFL Draft?(as in 1st, 2nd, etc...)

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever. I do think I will go fairly high for WRS because I have had interviews with some of the teams and I am one of the top WRS in the class. What do you expect me to say? That I'm a bad prospect, that I'm not at the top of the class? Its an easy answer on my side.

4) This is a question regarding both you and your brother. How have you guys been dealing with the media surrounding the Donut Brothers?

Its been a new experience to say the least. We never really had this exposure growing up but we always learn to adjust. It definitely look intimidating at first but once you get used to the media it changes. It's kind of like the zoo, sometimes it can be boring, sometimes it can be terrible, sometimes it can be meh, but you always come out of it learning something.

5) Where do you think your career will lead you?

For sure it will lead me to accolades. I hope to win a WROTY in DSFL. Winning the Ultimus would be nice but WROTY is more important to me. From a statistical standpoint I want a lot of yards, especially yac(yards after catch). I see myself going 10 maybe 11 seasons. I haven't really thought that far yet. Why should I worry about the future when I can make pay attention and enjoy the now.

6) How have you been training for the draft?

I’ve been working out a lot both on the mind and body. Lifting weights, running on a treadmill, jumping jacks, all that type of stuff. Been working on my speed especially. I run about 100 40 yard dashes a day which is helping me up my speed. I’ve been reading all the teams playbooks as well to familiarize myself with how the team runs and where I am going to fit. The entire process is a whole lot of and I am thoroughly enjoying it. All the plays are so different and make my future so much more exciting.

7) Are you prepared for the very rigorous DSFL game schedule and the stress it is going to put on your body?

I feel that I am. The most important part of handling the schedule is knowing that you can handle it. Without the confidence there isn’t a chance you are going to survive in the DSFL and your dreams of the NSFL go poof. If you have the grit and are willing to put up with the pain and frustration that comes with the rigorous DSFL season then you will make it. It takes a lot of effort and most aren’t willing to do it. Some give up quickly and fail, others work but don’t really put in effort and they have mediocre careers. However, some put in an exceptional amount of effort, more than they were ever told or needed to. Those players turn into the greats of the NSFL. I plan to be one of those greats in the NSFL.

8) Is there a player that you try to model your game after?

If I had to pick one player I model my game after it would have to be Bradley Westfield. He was one of the top WRs of all time and I admire him for that. He was a receiver that could do it all. He is the current all time receiving yards record holder and tied for the all time receiving touchdowns record. Those are both records I want to break by the time my career ends.

He seems to handle the media well and is prepared for the DSFL atmosphere. In my opinion he can be a top 10 draft pick and a top 3 WR pick. This was Sneak Peek. Tune in next time for more NSFL content.