International Simulation Football League
*DSFL S16 MOCK DRAFT - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DSFL S16 MOCK DRAFT (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

Pages: 1 2

*DSFL S16 MOCK DRAFT - TubbyTim69 - 06-25-2019

Good evening everyone, tonight I'll be doing a 5 round Mock Draft of the DSFL Draft that is coming up. I will only feature 20 of the 44 players getting drafted. So without further ado, here is my 5 round Mock Draft:

Round 1
1. SA Jordan Andrew's CB-
With a League low 6 INTS last year, the Marshals need improvement in the secondary very quickly. Andrew's had a very impressive showing in the Prospect bowl and can come onto the Marshals roster and contribute immediately.

2. KCC Dallas Decker DE- The Coyotes had a league worse 15 Sacks last season. Despite having the most INTS, the Coyotes couldn't get much pressure to opposing QB's. The addition of Decker will help add pressure to QB's and cause more INTS.

3. TIJ Jason Carver LB- The Defensive POG at the prospect bowl doesnt have to wait long to hear his name called. Carver steps into a Luchadore Defense that needs a player who can stop the run. Carver is aggressive and his first step is hard and fast. Carver could very well be the DROY this year.

4. POR Lilcringer Kendrick OL- Pythons run game was below mediocre last season. This is an instant boost to the run game. Kendrick will fill in immediately and help take the Pythons run game to the next level.

Round 2

5. SA Brayden Ennis DT- Ennis is 6'4 305 pounds.... but as a Nose Tackle he moves as smoothly as any LB or DE in this draft. A reason the Marshals only had 6 INTS last season was the lack of getting to the QB. Ennis will take on Double teams freeing up other players to make plays. He does all the dirty work and boy does he do it right.

6. KCC Takeda Okura S- Okura is one of those rare safeties that enjoys coming down into the box and stuffing runs. He was all over the field in the Prospect Bowl and made plays both in the passing amd run game. Coyotes get much needed safety help with this pick.

7. TIJ Michael Doud TE- Doud is a monster. He's a possession Reciever who makes and secures catches, but he is also an absolute Mauler in the Run game. He is the prototypical TE.

8. POR Saba Donut WR- Pythons add a WR to the best recieving group in the league last year. Gives the Oythons more options and more ways to exploit match ups.

Round 3

9. SA Nate Oliver LB- Oliver is a great coverage LB who can break out of coverage and have the speed to come up and make a play on the run. He's great at baiting QB's into making dangerous throws. Marshals get the best Available Player

10. KCC Julian McMorris WR- Coyotes had the leagues worse receiving core last year finishing last in receiving stats. McMorris is a big bodied Reciever who goes up to get the ball. He's great in jump balls and 50/50 balls and will be a threat in the Redzone.

11. TIJ Ronald Watkins LB- Every Yin has its Yang. And the Luchadores get the Yang to Carvers Yin. Watkins is a coverage LB who can lock down TE's or RB's freeing up Carver. This is a great complimentary pick to their first round selection.

12. POR Balic Taylor DT- Taylor had a mediocre prospect bowl but it's not because he had a bad game... The opposing offense just stopped running the ball his way. He plugs gaps in the run game and can win one on one battles to get to the QB.

Round 4
13. SA Ducky Donut RB- The prospect bowl wasnt his best showing as they used him a power runner. When Donut can get the edge or into open space he turns his jets on and he is gone. One of the fastest players in the draft can also do work as a receiving back. Marshals get a steal here.

13. KCC Michael Brown DE- Coyotes scoop up another DE. Brown needs a little more work than Decker does but boy does the guy have a Motor. Him and Decker will be absolute nightmares for opposing QB's.

15. TIJ Koda Adok CB- Luchadores take another defensive player. Adok had a nice showing in the Prospect bowl and solidified himself as the #2 CB in this draft. Nice fit for the Luchadores

16. POR Tyron Brackenridge S- Brackenridge is the type of safety that can cover sideline to side line. Has the speed to chase down the ball while it's in the air and change his movement quickly.

Round 5
17. SA Ashley Owen's RB- Owen's boosts the Marshals run game . Its another RB in the backfield and gives them more options running the ball. Owen's will be a perfect rotational player in his first year.

18. KCC A.C Payton S- Coyotes scoop up the last safety on the board. They didnt have anyone really stand out at that position last season and Payton can come in amd get valuable reps in and could potentially take over the starting job.

19. TIJ Daniel Woodhead RB- Recieving back gives the Luchadores the ability to stretch out the field and cause mismatches with LB's. Woodhead gets in open space he can do some damage.

20. POR Bill Biletnikof TE- a boost to the Pythons TE group, Biletnikof is a very well balanced TE and will fit perfectly into the Pythons Scheme.

*DSFL S16 MOCK DRAFT - Duilio05 - 06-25-2019

I see there's no QBs in the top 20

*DSFL S16 MOCK DRAFT - ValorX77 - 06-25-2019

Good writeup, but where’s the QB’s?

(06-26-2019, 03:02 AM)Duilio05 Wrote:I see there's no QBs in the top 20

Only 2 QBs and all teams have good starters with decent Back ups.neither QB really stood out during the prospect bow either so that has both of them dropping.

(06-25-2019, 09:13 PM)TubbyTim69 Wrote:Only 2 QBs and all teams have good starters with decent Back ups.neither QB really stood out during the prospect bow either so that has both of them dropping.

The starting QBs for KC and Tijuana will be moving up to their NSFL teams this season. Both will need a replacement.

(06-26-2019, 03:18 AM)Duilio05 Wrote:The starting QBs for KC and Tijuana will be moving up to their NSFL teams this season. Both will need a replacement.

Also I'm still really new to this I just went by what was on their rosters and where I think they needed help. I didnt know who was losing what and the impact it has in them.

(06-25-2019, 09:22 PM)TubbyTim69 Wrote:Also I'm still really new to this I just went by what was on their rosters and where I think they needed help. I didnt know who was losing what and the impact it has in them.

All good. It's just league nuance that you'll learn as we progress through your first season. This is a great first mock, especially going a full 5 rounds.

Though I think @TomHanks would be sad that Tijuana didn't get Lilcringer Kendrick OL for Tijuana's Wall.

*DSFL S16 MOCK DRAFT - hihihi_62 - 06-25-2019

CB Mervin Leonard is using this as bulletin board material to motivate himself this upcoming season. Any team that gives him a chance is going to get one hungry player.

*DSFL S16 MOCK DRAFT - PSanchez55 - 06-25-2019

Seeing some names fall incredibly far in this mock.

*DSFL S16 MOCK DRAFT - KillaScrilla - 06-26-2019

Action Jackson will prove this wrong. Good write up though my man.