International Simulation Football League
”Trade Deadline: Rumblings and Grumblings” - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: ”Trade Deadline: Rumblings and Grumblings” (/showthread.php?tid=1414)

Pages: 1 2

”Trade Deadline: Rumblings and Grumblings” - Admin - 06-24-2017

Code:
Requested media $600,000 bonus/min 400 words

The NSFL trade deadline is fast approaching and we have already seen the Orange County Otters make 2 big trades. It started when they sent QB Ethan Hunt to the San Jose SaberCats in exchange for DT Bert Metas. Before Metas could even process the trade the Otters were making another deal, this time sending Metas to the Baltimore Hawks in exchange for DT Franklin Harris.

These two deals have set the tone and I expect there to be more deals done before the deadline on Wednesday. Here are a few deals that make sense for both teams.

Trade #1
OCO give:
QB - Josh Bercovici or QB - Mike Boss
LB - Glennie Retro

ARI give
LB - Jaylon Lee or LB - Harrif Ernston

The Arizona Outlaws currently have Vincent Draxel as their starting quarterback. Draxel has been performing admirably, but the problem is that he hasn't updated in almost 2 weeks. They would be wise to look for a more active option at the most important position on their team. They have three excellent linebackers and could easily move one of them in order to solidify their starting QB role. If they continue with Draxel at quarterback and he continues to be semi-active it could cripple their championship hopes for S1.

The Orange County Otters have already moved one QB and now it's time to move another one. They only have 2 active linebackers, so moving a QB plus Glennie Retro would solidify their defense while giving Arizona back a linebacker who they can use as their 3rd LB. When asked about the possibility of going to Arizona, Bercovici responded "Its my home state, so obviously I'd love to play there. It'd be interesting with Draxel there, given our history, but I can say I'd love to lead the Outlaws and be the face of that franchise, because they definitely need one-- Vincent isn't exactly a pretty face to look at"

Trade #2
BAL give
K - Stephen Harris

ARI give
CB - Jason Williams

The Baltimore Hawks are wasting Stephen Harris by playing him as only a punter. They have Turk Turkleton who can easily pull double duty as the Kicker and Punter. It would be a smart move to trade Harris in order to improve a weaker area of their team such as their secondary.

The Arizona Outlaws have an inactive 50 TPE kicker. They could move Jason Williams for Harris and land themselves a top notch kicker. If they did this it would be easy to play Samuel Watson at CB without seeing a huge drop off in their secondary. Watson and Williams both have 70 speed, and Watson is actually more agile than Williams with 70 agility to Williams 65. Watson is even a better tackler than Williams, but falls far behind Williams in the intelligence department.

Trade #3
COL give
K - Jimmy Darkapple
WR - Jonathan Shaloiko
WR - Granit Lewis

OCO give
WR - Robert Phelps

The Colorado Yeti have a good amount of depth at receiver and at kicker. Moving Darkapple to a team where he could be the starting kicker would be a better use of his talent than just using him as a punter. This deal has them giving up Shaloiko, who is their lowest TPE receiver, and Darkapple in order to upgrade one of their starting receiver spots to with Robert Phelps. I have them throwing in Lewis to give the Otters a third receiver, as they only have 2 on their roster.

The Otters have been getting along fine with Brandon Walsh as their starting kicker but the fact remains that he is an inactive 50 TPE player who should be upgraded. They slightly downgrade their receiving corps in order to bring in an active kicker and they still have a stud receiver in Bradley Westfield and provides them with a very good #2 receiver with Jonathan Shaloiko. Adding Granit Lewis gives them a little flexibility if they dont want to have to play a running back as their slot receiver.

Other players we may see on the move:
BAL CB - Matthew Peterson
COL RB - Kieran O'Connell, or RB - Luke Tiernan, or RB - Boss Tweed
YKW DE - Jason Spearhead
ARI WR - Lincoln Jefferson or WR - Stormblessed
OCO OL - Cliff Hamilton
SJS CB - Timote Shoate

Code:
694 words

@Peterson
@WinstonKodogo
@evryday
@Noble
@`incitehysteria`
@Lainncli
@Ltsmashie
@PigSnout
@NUCK
@RavensFanFromOntario
@BasedPooter
@ADwyer87
@adam2552
@`DillyDing`
@Shaka
@Jbearly
@Jiggly_333
@breakingthe4THWALL
@ckroyal92
@LT21
@.Broken
@RayCobaine
@TheAliensAreCumming
@J.shaloiko
@OwenJH
@DrunkenTeddy
@Merica
@Valtookan
@youngcricket
@Glennie_p

”Trade Deadline: Rumblings and Grumblings” - LT21 - 06-24-2017

Sick I'm on the trade block

Trade me!

”Trade Deadline: Rumblings and Grumblings” - Jiggly_333 - 06-24-2017

You forgot the groundbreaking Garden for gif trade.

”Trade Deadline: Rumblings and Grumblings” - DrunkenTeddy - 06-24-2017

Trade #3 is garbage, I'm worth at least the entire team and their draft picks.

”Trade Deadline: Rumblings and Grumblings” - Jbearly - 06-24-2017

(06-24-2017, 01:47 PM)LT21 Wrote:Sick I'm on the trade block

Trade me!

Oooooo, looks like the yeti have trouble. Wait I thought you were Tiernan, poor sabercats

”Trade Deadline: Rumblings and Grumblings” - Admin - 06-24-2017

(06-24-2017, 12:00 PM)Jbearly Wrote:Oooooo, looks like the yeti have trouble
But he plays for San Jose

”Trade Deadline: Rumblings and Grumblings” - Jbearly - 06-24-2017

(06-24-2017, 02:03 PM)Ballerstorm Wrote:But he plays for San Jose

I meant the famous San Jose saberyetis

”Trade Deadline: Rumblings and Grumblings” - ckroyal92 - 06-24-2017

(06-24-2017, 02:47 PM)LT21 Wrote:Sick I'm on the trade block

Trade me!
If you didn't hear that from me, it's simply not true. #fakenews

”Trade Deadline: Rumblings and Grumblings” - RainDelay - 06-24-2017

Yeah for real though^ this is just an article...

”Trade Deadline: Rumblings and Grumblings” - RayCobaine - 06-24-2017

3 picks, two TDs, worth a kicker ????