International Simulation Football League
*The Donut Hole - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Donut Hole (/showthread.php?tid=14258)

*The Donut Hole - SabaDonutMan - 07-10-2019

The Donut Hole
Week 1 & 2 Recap

Welcome to The Donut Hole where we review what has been happening in the DSFL. Today we will be reviewing Week 1 & 2 of the DSFL as they were both played one after the other (games played vs bot teams will not be reviewed).

Luchadores vs Marshalls
The first game of the week was the Luchadores vs Marshalls. This was one great way to kick off the season because of the rivalry they have and all the drama they have been stirring up in the media. In my opinion, the Luchadores were the favorites to win because of their strong combination of defense and offense. In the 1st quarter the Luchadores came out guns blazing by holding the Marshalls to 0 points while scoring 14 points of their own. The first quarter of the game did not have many interesting plays. However, one of the highlights of the 1st quarter was when McCann threw a 30 yard pass to Rey, which was the longest play in the quarter. In the 2nd quarter the Marshalls were finally able to put some points on the board by scoring a 19 yard field goal. However, the Luchadores were able to get a field goal of their own which kept a strong lead of 14 points. After being able to rest and re-strategize during the break, the Marshalls started the second half on fire and scored 14 points while not allowing the Luchadors offense to score which tied the game 17-17. The RB duo of Owens and Dallas was on full display during the 3rd quarter and they did not disappoint. It all came down to the 4th quarter and when the game is on the line the Luchadores never give up. The Luchadores offense came in clutch when they scored a touchdown off of a dime from McCann with 1 minute remaining. Their strong defense defense was able to hold the Marshalls offense and that sealed the game.

Final Score: Luchadores 24 - 17 Marshalls.
MVP: JoJo Burr-Kirven

Pythons vs Coyotes
The second game of Week 1 was again between 2 user teams, the Pythons and the Coyotes. I had the Pythons winning because of their very explosive offense however there were concerns with their defense specifically their front 7. The Coyotes found a flaw in the Pythons game and they exposed it in the 1st quarter. They scored 7 points while holding the Pythons to 0. Their pass game was on fire and could not be stopped. Coming into the 2nd quarter the Pythons changed their game plan and it paid off. The combination of their pass game led by Franklin Armstrong and their run game led by Rkansaw started to rip apart the Coyotes defense. Although the Coyotes were able to score 2 field goals the Pythons scored 2 touchdowns off of goal line runs. This made the score 14-13 in favor of the Pythons. After the half time break the third quarter was all Pythons. They were able to score 1 touchdown and 1 field goal for a total of 10 points. Although the Coyotes offense tried their best, the Pythons defense was able to hold the Coyotes scoreless while getting 4 interceptions and 1 sack in only the 3rd quarter. During the 4th quarter not a lot of interesting things happened. The Pythons scored a touchdown very early in the quarter and after that everyone was scoreless.

Final Score: Pythons 31 - 13 Coyotes
MVP: A.C. Payton

Pythons vs Marshalls
This was the only game of Week 2 that was not played versus a bot team so this will be the only game in week 2 that I will be reviewing. The Pythons were the favorite to win the game however, the Marshalls have one of the best defenses in the league and if they are able to shut the Pythons down they would have a much higher chance of winning the game. The Marshalls started with the early lead when they scored a touchdown and made the kick. Kicky Bobby put points on the board for the Pythons with a 34 yard field goal. The second quarter was kind of monotonous because they both scored a touchdown off of not very interesting plays. Also, the amount of penalties was absurd which made the quarter very boring. In the 2nd quarter alone there were 5 penalties. The 3rd quarter wasn't very interesting either because most of the plays were short passes and runs. However, the Pythons were able to tack on another touchdown which gave them a 3 point lead. In the 4th quarter no touchdowns were scored but 2 field goals were scored by the Pythons to close the game. Most of the game wasn’t very interesting and I would not watch it again.

Final Score: Pythons 23 - 14 Marshalls
MVP: Allen Josh

Power Rankings

All Power Rankings were based on how they played and their stats. Keep in mind this is not based off of TPE amount it is based on stats and how they played.

QB Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) Jay Longshaw [KC]
2) Jordan McCann III [TIJ]
3) Franklin Armstrong [POR]
4) Jim McMahon [SA]

RB Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) N/A RKANSAW [POR]
2) Ashley Owens [SA]
3) Ducky Donut [TIJ]
4) Octavius Godspeed [KC]

WR Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) Hugh Mongo [POR]
2) Laszlo Forty-Two [TIJ]
3) Dexter Banks II [KC]
4) Max Lovote [KC]

TE Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) Timmy Hoss [SA]
2) Brennen Biletnikoff [KC]
3) Honda Edmond [TIJ]

DT Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) Jacob Rowan [TIJ]
2) Bruce Wayner [SA]
3) Donte Shields [TIJ]

DE Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) Bo Hall [POR]
2) Antonio Sandoval Jr. [POR]
3) Michael Beckham [TIJ]

LB Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) JoJo Burr-Kirven [TIJ]
2) Duncan Donut [POR]
3) Allen Josh [SA]

CB Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) Koda Adok [POR]
2) Jordan Andrews [TIJ]
3) Groovy Johnson [TIJ]

Safety Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) A.C. Payton [POR]
2) Momodou Jallow [TIJ]
3) Takeda Okura [SA]

K/P Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) Kicky Bobby [POR]
2) Joshua Jones II [TIJ]
3) Michael Locatelli [KC]

Power Rankings(With Bot Teams)
Portland Pythons 2-0
Tijuana Luchadores 2-0
Kansas City Coyotes 1-1
Norfolk Seawolves 1-1
Palm Beach Solar Bears 0-2
San Antonio Marshals 0-2

Thanks you for reading and check us out again after week 3 and 4 of the DSFL
See you next time on The Donut Hole

If your not on the power rankings don't be mad at me. I based it off of the stats and I believe everyone in the DSFL is very talented

*The Donut Hole - Buttersqauch101 - 07-10-2019

Hey Saba, the first game was actually Kansas City and Portland. Other than that great read!

(07-10-2019, 06:19 PM)Buttersqauch101 Wrote:Hey Saba, the first game was actually Kansas City and Portland. Other than that great read!
That was the first game shown, according to the sim the 1st game was Marshalls vs Luchadors

*The Donut Hole - idkman - 07-10-2019

saba godly man

(07-10-2019, 11:20 PM)SabaDonutMan Wrote:That was the first game shown, according to the sim the 1st game was Marshalls vs Luchadors
Ah that’s my bad then. Good read still

*The Donut Hole - woelkers - 07-10-2019

No love for Two Tackle Gang, making me sad.

Solid takes here, Saba. Hopefully my boy @Buttersqauch101 and I can work our way into those power rankings.

(07-11-2019, 02:51 AM)woelker11 Wrote:No love for Two Tackle Gang, making me sad.

Solid takes here, Saba. Hopefully my boy @Buttersqauch101 and I can work our way into those power rankings.
Didn’t even notice that, no 2 Tackle gang, no life ????????????. #TwoTackleGangForLife

*The Donut Hole - TickleTim - 07-12-2019

Thanks for the love BB POR