International Simulation Football League
*NSFL MVP Rankings (Through Week 4) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *NSFL MVP Rankings (Through Week 4) (/showthread.php?tid=14301)

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Through Week 4) - nickyvmlp - 07-15-2019

Season 16 is off and running and it's time to start placing these people in some order based on my own levels of goodness. I think this is a good order, but I'm only one man, and this is a lot of responsibility. I'll do my best though. First up, honorable mentions.

First up, the front runners for offensive and defensive Rookie of the Year, Sam Torenson (Butchers, @Jonny2x) and Lanzer Grievous (Otters, @Rising Equinox). I thought Torenson would be simply a role player in the Chicago offense, but no, he's the focal point, and it's working well. He’s second in the league in rushing yards, and first in rushing touchdowns. With Ricky Adams moving to receiver, and Aksel Danielsson taking a backup role, Torenson is thriving. And on the other side of the ball, Lanzer Grievous isn't quite up to his old tackling antics, but he's still contributing in other ways. He's second in the league in sacks with seven, and second among linebackers in deflections with seven. And hes also fifth in the league in tackles with 37, so he’s still got that going. Errol Maddox (Hawks, @PigSnout) has stepped into his new role as #1 receiver well, and is leading the league in receiving yards. The only thing holding him back is a lack of touchdowns. William Harrison (Second Line, @Mongoose87) is leading the league in interceptions, and has had multiple picks in a game twice in just four starts. And Alex Reese (Outlaws, @SwagSloth) is second in the league in completion percentage, and is in the top half of just about every other category.

6. AUS RB Dick Wizardry (@AdamS), 110 carries, 456 rush yards, 2 TD, 11 receptions, 106 rec yards, 1 TD

The Copperheads offense has been bad so far, like one of the worst in the league. In fact, the only thing keeping it afloat at all is Dick Wizardry. Wizardry is leading the league in rushing yards, but he’s also leading in attempts. He is the Austin offense. His touchdown numbers aren't fantastic, but he is contributing a bit in the passing game, so that's nice. His finest performance so far on the season would either be a 139 yard day, which he achieved on a ridonkulous 43 carries, or 124 yards on a much trimmer 27 carries (unfortunately, no touchdowns for either game). Dick Wizardry’s MVP aspirations will go about as far as the Copperheads will, and unfortunately for him, they might not be going very far.

5. PHI QB Adriana Falconi (@enigmatic): 1274 pass yards, 62.5% completion, 10 TD, 8 INT, 87.3 rating

Adriana Falconi is doing something really impressive right now. She’s leading the league in passing yards, completion percentage, and passing touchdowns. It’s hard enough to do just one or two of those, but all three? That requires some serious quarterbacking skills. So why is she only #5 on this list? Simple, she’s also leading in a fourth category: interceptions. She’s normally on point with her passes, but when they go awry, they have a nasty habit of landing in the defense’s hands. Her best game so far exemplifies her strengths and her weaknesses: Week 1 vs. Colorado, 26/43 for 373 yds and two TDs, with 17 rushing yards thrown on for good measure, but unfortunately, there were also four INTs on the day to a Yeti defense that no one is scared of. If she can just slow down those picks, she’ll be an MVP frontrunner for sure though.

4. OCO WR Vinny Valentine (@Unicorn): 24 receptions, 441 rec yards, 5 TD

Vinny Valentine has such good fortune with his quarterbacks. After spending four years catching balls from Childish Gambino, he’s now doing so from Gus T.T. Showbiz. That’s pretty useful, I’d say. And sure enough, Valentine is making it work. He’s leading the league in receiving touchdowns, and is a stone’s throw away from Errol Maddox’s lead for receiving yards. He came out of the gates strong with a beastly Week 1: six receptions for 161 yards and a score against the defending ASFC Champion Sabercats. So far, he’s hit 100 yards receiving in three out of four games, and the one where he didn’t, he scored three times, so you can’t say he was lagging behind that week. The 1-2 punch of Valentine and Sunnycursed is nigh-on criminal, so look for one (or both) of them to be on this list several times this season.

3. OCO QB Gus T.T. Showbiz (@Molarpistols): 1160 pass yards, 52.7% completion, 9 TD, 3 INT, 89.9 rating

And speaking of the Otters passing attack, here’s the guy orchestrating it. Gus T.T. Showbiz is in charge the most explosive passing offense in the league. With Vinny Valentine, Sunnycursed, and Johnny Blaze to throw it to, who can you double cover? Showbiz is showing that he’s more than capable of handling the offense without breaking anything, seeing as how he’s second in passing touchdowns, second in fewest picks, and third in passing yards, giving him the lead in passer rating. Showbiz’s best game so far was either Week 1 against San Jose where he threw for 391 yards, or Week 3 against Austin where he had five passing scores. Showbiz is throwing bombs all over the field, and the only thing holding him back is his completion percentage. 52.7% is only good enough for 7th in the league, and he’s been hanging around 50% completion in three of his four games. That’s not gonna endear you to MVP voters, but luckily for him, everything else he’s doing will.

2. BAL RB Marquise Brown (@YoungTB): 89 carries, 430 rush yards, 5 TD, 14 receptions, 109 rec yards, 1 TD

Marquise Brown spends so much time in these MVP rankings, I seriously considering charging him rent. For the third straight season (that I know of), Brown finds himself as one of the league’s elite players, and he’s probably the front runner for Offensive Player of the Year (hint hint on who #1 is right there). Brown is only third in rushing yards, but what’s important here is his yards per carry. His 4.8 yards per carry is far and away the most by any player with at least 50 carries (12.5 carries per game, basically any starting caliber RB). And his five rushing touchdowns is tied for second in the majors. The only thing holding him out of the top spot is, ironically, the same thing that I first listed as a strength, his lack of carries. Seeing as how good he is right now, and considering the Hawks are transitioning to a new QB in Corvo Havran, you’d think that Brown would be more relied upon than ever, especially considering they aren’t giving much to rookies Dorfus Jimbo or Ludicolo Bigby, but nope. Havran is getting a substantial workload (he’s second in the league in pass attempts), and one could argue that he’s not quite ready for such a role, seeing as how he’s just league average in most categories. If Brown’s usage goes up just slightly, say from 22 carries per game to 26, he’d have a much better shot at the league’s top individual title.

1. ARI LB Raymond Vans (@karl): 29 tackles, 2 TFLs, 8 sacks, 2 FFs, 2 FRs, 1 INT, 3 deflections, 1 TD, 1 blocked punt

This is a historic moment for this series. This is the first time that a defensive player is in the top three of these standings, let alone at the top of them, but boy let me tell you, Raymond Vans more than deserves it. Let’s start with something I don’t mention a lot: a player’s worst game. Through four weeks, Raymond Vans’s worst game saw him nab nine tackles, a deflection and a sack. I’ll say that one more time to let that sink in. His WORST GAME still saw him get nine tackles, a deflection, and a sack. A lot of linebackers, even the elite ones, would call that a pretty great day at the office, but not Vans, that’s his floor. His better games though? How about Week 3 against Austin with seven tackles, two sacks, and a forced fumble with the recovery, along with a shutout? How about Week 4 against the Otters with five tackles, two deflections, a sack, and a pick? Or how about the Defensive Performance of the Year frontrunner? A Week 2 throttling of Austin, where he recorded eight tackles, four sacks, a blocked punt, and a Defensive Grand Slam (a sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery, and a touchdown). And now my Sabercats get to face him this week. Friggin’ yikes. Raymond Vans is a large part as to why the Outlaws are sporting the league’s best defense, and it’s not close at all. Seriously, the Outlaws allow 10.25 points per game. The next closest, Orange County, gives up 19.25, more than a full touchdown per game more. I don’t know if a defender has ever won MVP in this league before, but Raymond Vans could be on track for a historic season if he keeps this up.

1588 words .

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Through Week 4) - Duilio05 - 07-15-2019

Nice work! no SJS mentions? You pay more attention to all that than I do, but don't overcompensate yourself just because you're on that team. Just be realistic and honest. Like your fella Cameron Olsen - Mr. 357 yards on 27 catchs for 3 TDs!!

Keep up the good work

*NSFL MVP Rankings (Through Week 4) - karl - 07-16-2019

oooo, #1.
doubt I stay there, but I appreciate the recognition.
don't sleep on arizona!