International Simulation Football League
*Path To The Draft S1 Ep5 NSFL Edition - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Path To The Draft S1 Ep5 NSFL Edition (/showthread.php?tid=14304)

*Path To The Draft S1 Ep5 NSFL Edition - Buttersqauch101 - 07-16-2019

“Hello there and welcome back to the NSFL Channel, coming up next is a special edition of Path To The Draft featuring NSFL starter Ryan Leaf Jr, Current Defensive Tackle for the Yellowknife Wraiths. Come back in a half hour for NSFL direct.”
———————————————————————————————————————————
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Intro & Early Life[/div]

(Narrator)
“Hello there and welcome back to a special edition of Path To The Draft, I’m your host Charismatic White Guy and tonight we will be talking about the History of NSFL Rookie Ryan Leaf Jr..”

“December 13th 2007 Oregon is facing a record cold winter but the Leaf family is feeling a new warmth inside their mind, a new baby son who would be named directly after his father Ryan Leaf. Ryan Leaf, known as one of the biggest draft busts in the history of all football leagues and current NFL and NCAA analyst now has a chance to be forgiven and redeemed by his son, Ryan Leaf Jr. At age 5 Leaf Jr went to his first football camp and met past stars of the leagues and stunned people with an unordinary ability by being able to throw the ball 25 yards while competing in a friendly throwing competition between his peers.”

(Ryan Leaf)
“When I saw that throw I thought that he was gifted with a throwing ability I once had when I was younger, but nowadays I can see that it was just pure strength. I always wanted him to do sports but that just pushed the feeling”

(Narrator)
“At age 7 Leaf Jr was signed up for Flag Football and throughout most of his time he was the QB, almost always throwing the farthest and the most accurate. By the time it came for him to play his first years of tackle football he had to play both sides of the ball to be fair to the other players. Weird enough for a QB he was assigned the role of Defensive Tackle and learned to battle in the trenches”

(Leaf Jr)
“Back then I thought it was the perfect strategy, I would play in the trenches against Offensive Lineman and then I could teach my own teams lineman about how to combat it. It was say to say that whatever team I was on was easily going to go undefeated.”

(Narrator)
“At age 14 in his last year before high school, Leaf Je was caught in his first controversy, a scandal where a local high school coach was trying to recruit Leaf Jr as to play QB for the team. Luckily this time Leaf Jr was on the good end of this controversy as he was the one who told officials what was going on”
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]High School Career[/div]

(Narrator)
“A few months before Leaf Jr would turn 15 he would try out for his most local high school as a QB where his coaches were thrilled to have such a well known person on the team because as the old saying goes, Any publicity is good publicity. After making the team with no competition, which rumors have stated were due to publicity Leaf Jr would be starting for his team in no time.”

(Ryan Leaf)
“I was obviously a little worried that my son would me made fun of for my ability to flop a professional career like I did, but if anything everyone was more excited that he was a better version of me”

(Narrator)
“In Leaf Jrs first season he led the team to 4-2 before being suspended for fighting in a game for two games. When he came back he led the team to another two wins finishing the season 6-4 and making the Oregon 6A High School Playoffs as the the number 6 Seed and would play the number 3 seed. What would happen next would be what put Leaf on college scouts eyes everywhere in the west. With 3:47 left in the 3rd quarter Leaf Jrs High School has lost yet another Defensive Tackle and had no one to spare or start, Leaf Jr volunteered himself to play Defensive Tackle, a risky move for him and his coach’s to even accept. On his first play on defense Leaf Jr Strip Sacked the QB and was promptly returned for a Touchdown to bring his team the lead for the first time that game. Leaf would promptly lead the team to a deciding 38-25 score and would go al the way to the state finals”

(Ryan Leaf)
“That game where he came out and played Defensive Tackle stunned everyone. No one expects an offensive player to randomly come out and play defense, let alone a QB”

(Narrator)
“During Leafs Sophomore season, Leaf would play at a magnificent level until around the midway point of the season came and was suspended for the last half of the season for not being able to get his grades up”

(Leaf Jr)
“I didn’t try my Sophomore year because I thought I could do whatever I wanted and receive no punishment due to my father and role with the city, I learned my lesson after that”

(Narrator)
“Leafs team would come just short of that years playoffs at 5-5 and had many people get angry at Leaf for “ruining their chances” by not doing school work. But Leaf Jr had something up his sleeve. For Leaf Juniors Junior Season (Yes I did that fuck you) he would be playing not only QB but also Defensive Tackle. He would be the first Ironman player in his teams history.”

(Leaf Jr)
“Yeah it was all part of the plan, lose the support of the people then come back at twice the strength. Although it didn’t go the way I hoped it would’ve”

(Narrator)
“Leaf Juniors stays went down moderately for his Junior year, most likely due to the fact that he didn’t have the practice time he had to play QB full time since he also played DT. Due to his ability drop, he wasn’t getting a start every week of the season at QB, and during the final week of the season Ryan Leaf Jr called out and got into a verbal fight with his coaches”

(Leaf Jr)
“I’ll admit my temper got the best of me but I I’m no way regret what I said, it may have costed me my Defensive Tackle job in week 11 but I was back starting both positions for the Playoffs”

(Ryan Leaf)
“Those nights were hard for me and his mother, no matter the situation Jr was always trying to start a fight or argument with one of us. Eventually we got sick of it and forced him to take Anger Issue Classes”

(Narrator)
“For Leaf Jrs senior and final season in high school, he would be mostly focusing on his ability to play Quarterback. Although he would still get reps as a Defensive Tackle in practice and in games, he was back to full time starter at QB and three for a team record of Touchdowns with 61”

(Leaf Jr)
“My confidence was at a all time high back then, I wanted to prove to my Father that I wasn’t gonna be like him and I was actually going to play QB for a long time at the professional level.”

(Ryan Leaf)
“At that point I had extremely high expectations for him, he was getting contacted from nearly every power 5 college in the country. I’ll admit I thought he was about to be a HOF Quarterback”

(Narrator)
“After finishing how he started, Leaf Jr would win his second State Title and would have to make a major decision in just a few weeks. On May 11th 2027 Ryan Leaf Jr of Portland Oregon would make that very decision, and committed to Washington State University to play Quarterback”

(Leaf Jr)
“I mostly picked them for the fact I could run my ability in the face of The Oregon Ducks, and Oregon State Beavers since neither of them were interested in me for reasons unknown. I may or may not of rubbed in their faces like I said they would”
[div align=\\\"Center\\\"]College Career[/div]

(Narrator)
“Ryan Leaf Jrs College Career was a very short one to be sure, as he only played for one season before dropping out to play in the NSFL. Out of Washington States 12 game regular season Leaf Jr started at Quarterback throughout week 3-14. He would proceed to throw for an amazing 6 touchdowns in a game vs rival Washington Huskies which would earn him NCAA Offensive Player of the Week honors for week 3.

(Leaf Jr)
“A great game, is a great game. Sure it wasn’t against either of the Oregon teams but I proved myself to be a force to be reckoned with. That 66-34 victory was my biggest moment in college. And let’s be honest I’m the best college player to live”

(Narrator)
“Washington State would finish 8-4 on the season and Leaf Jr would be 8-2 as a starter. They would come just short of the All loving Top 25 ranking but would be granted a bowl game placement vs North Carolina in the Outback Bowl.”

(Leaf Jr)
“I finished good enough to be the Heisman that year, but the NCAA has a bias against me so all they did was give me 1st Team PAC-12 and 3rd Team All NCAA.”

(Narrator)
“After a overtime 45-42 2OT victory, Leaf Jr would finish the season with 33 Touchdowns, 3468 Passing Yards and only 4 interceptions. Leaf would be invited to the DSFL draft for season, but not for the reason he thinks”
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]DSFL Career+NSFL Draft and controversy [/div]

(Narrator)
“When Ryan Leaf Jr was invited to the DSFL he was expecting to be the next big QB like Childish Gambino, but he was sadly mistaken and was invited to play as a Defensive Tackle”

(Leaf Jr)
“I can’t tell you how angry I was when I heard from scouts that they only wanted me as a DT. I mean I only played as a QB in college. What the hell was up?)

(Narrator)
“Leaf Jr was signed by Norfolk for waivers and trading before the draft where players would most likely be sent to a different team. On June 1st 2029 Ryan Leaf Jr was drafted 17th overall to the Kansas City Coyotes”

(Leaf Jr)
“I hated Kansas City from the beginning, I was gonna deal with playing with them but I hated everyone there, the Gms, players. (NOTE: This is not the opinion of Valor or Me so don’t get mad Fly and Rra) and I wanted out. I contacted the Norfolk gm and asked if he would b interested in trading for me”

(Narrator)
“After 4 weeks of playing for Kansas City Leaf Jr was traded to the Norfolk Seawolves where he would play the rest of his DSFL career. A couple weeks into the season with Norfolk, Leaf Jr put out a public media piece complaining about not being on the depth chart for a couple games. After much ridicule for the Article, Leaf Jr publicly apologized to his teammates and gms which didn’t help much with him getting rid of the “Drama Maker” persona.

(Leaf Jr)
“I know very well what happened due to what I said and like with what happened in High School I don’t regret what I said. If anything it helped me get a lot of attention in the draft which put me higher up on the board of some teams and lower for others.”

(Narrator)
“On June 25th 2030 the date of the NSFL Draft, a team had to take a risk by taking Leaf. And with the 64th pick of the draft of the draft the Yellowknife Wraiths selected Defensive Tackle Ryan Leaf Jr. From this point on we don’t know what is going to happen in the future for Leaf Jr, or any other rookie DSFL or NSFL. We hope you enjoyed the program here on the NSFL Channel and we hope you have a great night!!

Hey all, I hope you enjoyed this NSFL Special. This took me about 3 times as long so I hope it enjoyed it. I’d like to thank @ValorX77 for letting me use his character likeness for this episode. If you have any questions about the series and would like to be part of an episode please dm me here or on discord at PleaseEndMeNow. Thank you all and go Coyotes!!!