International Simulation Football League
*The Donut Hole - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Donut Hole (/showthread.php?tid=14320)

*The Donut Hole - SabaDonutMan - 07-18-2019

The Donut Hole
Week 5 & 6 Recap

Welcome to The Donut Hole where we review what has been happening in the DSFL. Today we will be reviewing Week 5 & 6 of the DSFL as they were both played one after the other (games played vs bot teams will be reviewed unlike last article).

Week 5

Luchadores vs Solar Bears

Everyone and their mothers thought the Luchadores would win this game. Most even believed it would be a blowout. In the 1st quarter it was indeed a blowout. However, it was the Solar Bears who were blowing the Luchadores out. Going up 14 - 0 against one of the top teams was very unexpected and must have made them feel on top of the world. It wouldn’t stay like this because the Luchadores retaliated and scored 14 of their own in the 2nd quarter off of runs from Ducky Donut. Solar Bears didn’t give up because they were able to score a 25 yard field goal. The 3rd quarter was essentially just for stats because although both teams scored they each only scored 1 touchdowns which voided each other. The Luchadores were behind by 3 and they needed to take the lead or they would drop to 4 - 1. At about 14:23 the Solar Bears were able to score a field goal to increase the lead by 3. The Luchadores would not budge until they won the game. They kept pushing and budging until they were able to score a touchdown off of a run by Moffat. After this touchdown the Luchadores were able to hold the Solar Bears scoreless and won the game.

Final Score: Luchadores 28 - 27 Solar Bears
MVP: Ducky Donut | 29 Att, 138 Yds, 2 TDs

Seawolves vs Marshals

This game was between 2 1-3 teams and I personally believe that the Seawolves would win this game because the Marshalls had a lot of holes in their team that the Seawolves could exploit. They were not able to find the holes however because they could not get through the Marshal’s defense as they did not score any points during the 1st quarter. The Marshals on the other hand were able to get a 44 yard field goal to score the first points of the game. Owens was able to increase the Marshals lead by 7 by scoring a touchdown with 7 minutes left in the half. However, the Seawolves were confident to score before the half ended and they were able to do so when they scored a touchdown with 2 minutes left in the half. Also, to close out the half the Seawolves were able to score a field goal to make the score 10 - 10 going into halftime. After halftime neither of the teams were able to score more than 3 in a quarter. The Marshals were able to score a 37 yard field goal in the 3rd quarter and a 38 yard field goal in the 4th quarter. On the other hand the Seawolves were not able to score at all in the 3rd quarter and only scored a 46 yard field goal in the 4th quarter.

Final Score: Marshals 16 - 13 Seawolves
MVP: Takeda Okura | 5 Tck, 1 PD, 1 Int

Pythons vs Coyotes

This was a game most people expected to be one sided. The Pythons had the best defense in the league, were 4 - 0, and were my number 1 ranked team. I expected a blowout on the Pythons behalf. The 1st quarter neither confirmed nor denied my theory but it did show that the game might be closer than I expected. Both teams scored a single field goal during the first quarter. The second quarter made me feel much more confident in my prediction as the Pythons were able to score a touchdown off of a run from Rkansaw and they also got a 42 yard field goal off of the amazing leg of Kicky Bobby. The Stranglehold did not let the Coyotes get in field goal range at all to keep them scoreless. In the third quarter the Pythons were not able to get a single touchdown but they were able to get in field goal range twice and got 2 field goals. Again the Stranglehold was able to hold the Coyotes scoreless in the 3rd quarter. With a 16 point lead and only one quarter left it seemed like this game was in the bag for the Pythons. No way they could mess this up. Well that assumption was incorrect. The Coyotes were somehow able to score 17 unanswered points to have a comeback win.

Final Score: Coyotes 20 - 19 Pythons
MVP: Rainbow Sprinkles | 11 Tck, 1 FR

Week 6

Coyotes vs Seawolves

After defeating the Pythons I had the Coyotes winning this game but not by a landslide as the Seawolves are not a bad team. It seemed like nobody would score in the first quarter but with the first quarter coming to a close Quick was able to run it in for a touchdown. The Coyotes were not able to keep it up as they were not able to score at all during the second quarter. Also, they threw a pick which resulted in a Seawolves touchdown. Their defense didn’t do terrible as they didn't let up a touchdown but they did let the Seawolves get a 42 yard field goal. This was the type of back and forth action that most fans enjoy watching. In the 3rd quarter the Seawolves weren’t able to score a touchdown but they were able to get in field goal range to hit a 35 yard field goal. Late in the 3rd quarter Quick was able to force his way into the endzone for a Coyotes touchdown. The 4th quarter was essentially just a quarter used for stats. This was because both teams scored a single touchdown which canceled each other out when it came down to the final score. As expected the Coyotes came out on top of this back and forth game.

Final Score: Coyotes 20 - 19 Seawolves
MVP: Greg Newton | 10 Tck

Pythons vs Luchadores

This was the game of the week because there is a high chance that this will be the Ultimini matchup. Most had the Luchadores winning as they had the better record but I had the Pythons winning because I believe that they have the better defense. In the first quarter the Luchadores had the edge but it wasn't by much. Both defenses would not let up a single touchdown. However, the Luchadores were able to get 3 field goals to make the score 9 - 0. In the second quarter both defenses stood strong but the Pythons were able to get a touchdown off of a run from Rkansaw to make the score 9 - 7 in favor of the Luchadores. The 3rd quarter was a quarter which both teams scored a touchdown. This made this quarter “voided” in the long run. However, it was a great time to get the player’s stats up. The game came down to the 4th quarter. At the 11 minute mark in the 4th quarter Rkansaw was able to run it in to make the score 21 - 16. At the 8:44 mark Kicky Bobby was able to hit a 25 yard field goal to make the game 24 - 16. With 5 minutes left and the game on the line Forty-Two was able to get a 96 yard kick return to make the game 22 - 24. The Pythons knew they had to go for 2 to decide the fate of the game. The Stranglehold prevailed and the Pythons did not get the 2 points conversion.

Final Score: Pythons 24 - 22 Luchadores
MVP: NA Rkansaw | 31 Att, 124 Yds, 2 TDs

Marshals vs Solar Bears

I thought the Marshals would win this as they had defeated the Seawolves which defeated the Solar Bears week 1. If the Solar Bears are able to neutralize the running back duo of Ashley Owens and Deejay Dallas than they would have a larger chance of winning. The first quarter made my predictions see more accurate as the Marshals were able to score a touchdown while the Solar Bears were only able to get a 41 yard field goal. In the 2nd quarter the Solar Bears defense was able to hold the Marshals scoreless. Also, the Solar Bears offense was able to score a touchdown and a 49 yard field goal. After halftime the Marshals defense slowed down the Solar Bears but where not able to completely shut them down. The Solar Bears were able to score a touchdown while keeping the Marshals scoreless during the 3rd quarter. The Marshals knew they had to go all or nothing because they laid it all on the line in the 4th quarter. It paid off as they were able to score 17 points off of runs from Dallas and Owens which helped them win the game by a very narrow margin.

Final Score: Pythons 24 - Seawolves 13
MVP: Mervin Leonard | 4 Tck, 1 Int, 1 Def TD

Power Rankings

All Power Rankings were based on how they played and their stats. Keep in mind this is not based off of TPE amount it is based on stats and how they played.

Key
+ Went up in ranking
- Went down in ranking
^ New to the list

QB Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) Franklin Armstrong [POR] +1
2) Jay Longshaw [KC] -1
3) Jordan McCann III [TIJ]
4) Jim McMahon [SA]

RB Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) N/A RKANSAW [POR]
2) Ducky Donut [TIJ] +1
3) Ashley Owens [SA] -1
4) Octavius Godspeed [KC]

WR Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) Hugh Mongo [POR]
2) Laszlo Forty-Two [TIJ]
3) Dexter Banks II [KC]
4) Max Lovote [KC]

TE Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) Timmy Hoss [SA]
2) Brennen Biletnikoff [KC]
3) Demarcus Strike [POR] ^

DT Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) Jacob Rowan [TIJ]
2) Donte Shields [TIJ]
3) Bubba Thumper [SA] ^

DE Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) Bo Hall [POR]
2) Michael Beckham [TIJ] ^
3) Evan Trigg [KC] ^

LB Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) JoJo Burr-Kirven [TIJ]
2) Greg Newton [KC] ^
3) Ronald Watkins [SA] ^

CB Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) Koda Adok [POR]
2) Jordan Andrews [TIJ]
3) Tobias Chase [SA] ^

Safety Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) A.C. Payton [POR]
2) Takeda Okura [SA]
3) Tyron Brackenridge [KC] ^

K/P Power Rankings(No Bot Teams)
1) Kicky Bobby [POR]
2) Joshua Jones II [TIJ]
3) Darius Ruckerberg [SA]

Power Rankings(With Bot Teams)

1) Tijuana Luchadores (7-1-0)
2) Portland Pythons (6-2-0)
3) Kansas City Coyotes (5-3-0)
4) San Antonio Marshals (4-5-0)
5) Norfolk Seawolves (1-7-0)
6) Palm Beach Solar Bears (1-7-0)

Thanks you for reading and check us out again after week 9 and 10 of the DSFL(I will be skipping 7 and 8)
See you next time on The Donut Hole

*The Donut Hole - SabaDonutMan - 07-18-2019

Sorry this was late, I wont be late for 9 and 10

*The Donut Hole - Buttersqauch101 - 07-19-2019

The fact I’m not ranked is blasphemy. Just wait Saba, unless we’re teammates in the NSFL you and the Pythons gotta watch out

*The Donut Hole - Jaspers - 07-19-2019

I just saw these donut hole bits.

They're super cool! I went through all of them, they're a super cool way to read about what's happening to other teams, kinda like a summary on an ESPN site. Great work!

(keep making them, this is awesome)

*The Donut Hole - woelkers - 07-19-2019

As somebody who performed better than ever weeks seven and eight, I'm devastated that the Donut Hole won't be running for them.