International Simulation Football League
*SLM Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *SLM Presser (/showthread.php?tid=14360)

Pages: 1 2 3

*SLM Presser - iamslm22 - 07-24-2019

Hey all. Been some discussions about agents and about a lot of things. Ask me anything about my clients, being an agents, anything about the General Managers I have worked with or anything of the sort.

(07-24-2019, 10:35 AM)ValorX77 Wrote:Hello Slm.

Why do I have to wait until S18 for a new contract?

Do I have a good chance to win an award this year?

Why have I stopped drinking leaf-cola?

For the first question it is because you are under contract for next season (S17) so it wouldn't make sense for the team to decline the cheap option to re-sign you.

I think thus far you are a clear cut Pro Bowler. If you continue on this track you also have a shot at defensive lineman of the year. For an S15 player its a very impressive season!

As for why you stopped drinking leaf-cola? I think that is a grave error and you should go back to drinking it.

(07-24-2019, 10:47 AM)infinitempg Wrote:How would you say the first year of your agency (and the league's agency "experiment") has gone?

Are there any hiccups or issues that you think should be addressed/fixed for the upcoming offseason?

Any statement regarding the inactivity of the only other major agency, FHO?

There are also some accusations of you favoring certain teams over others. Do you have a statement on that?

Why is Mo Berry the absolute worst (best) client you've ever had?

I think the first year of the agency has proven my point. We have 22 clients right now, and that is with me barely advertising or asking for clients. The users of this league WANT agents to exist, they serve a purpose and players are better off for it.

There have certainly been hiccups. I have heard from a couple GMs that Free Agent conversations that happened this off season didn't have the best communication so I want to work on that. I didn't do a good job of explaining to teams why they were not chosen as destinations - though I honestly don't know if that's my job. A player chooses where he wants to go, but to work with these teams in the future I should have better explained why decisions were made.

As far as favoring teams that accusation has been made by one GM tandem so far and it is a ridiculous thing to say. I have never favored any one or any team over another thus far, and I have been straight up and up front about everything. If a team failed to extend a player of theirs it is because of their own cap situation and own job being awful in negotiations. It has nothing to do with favoritism. I also have to say - that even if it was favoritism THAT IS REALISTIC. Agents all the time have teams they prefer and prefer to work with. It is what free agents do when they don't have an agent. I have said I won't play favorites and that is true. But ignoring a team member for a month and ignoring their 6 times they reached out to talk extensions is not a good look. That's not about playing favorites. That's about competence.

As far as Mo Berry - he is both the best and worst. He's like schrodiner's client. But really he's amazing - and was one of the first guys to sign up for SLM. A true pioneer.

(07-24-2019, 01:43 PM)To12143 Wrote:Do you think it's professional for an agent to constantly attack a GM unprovoked?

Do you think it's unreasonable to believe that you would be biased against a team when you have made it your mission to attack said GM time and time again?

I do not think I've attacked any GMs and if I have it certainly would not have been unprovoked. If you are referring specifically to yourself and Muford I think any criticisms would be compltely warranted. You ignored my client and I for weeks on end, and then when he decides he wants to test Free Agent you immediately go into GM chat and start to say how I'm clearly biased and how agents should be banned, all because of how unprofessional you were with negotiations.

I have not made it my mission to attack any GM - but I would like you to take note that outbursts like this don't help your case or your teams. If you make the best offer for my client I am going to recommend you sign there, but I'm not some mind controlling puppet master. I don't know why you are acting like I am.

(07-24-2019, 02:22 PM)run_CMC Wrote:Why is Ashley Owens one of the top 22 clients you currently have?

Owens is one of the best players in this upcoming NSFL draft and he is the likely number 1 overall pick. He's an incredible running back who is going to lead the league in rushing several times at various points in his career. I'm excited to see what he can do in the big league level.

(07-24-2019, 02:50 PM)TomHanks Wrote:I see you’re handing out hype, I want some of that tossed my way.

New Orleans has the number 1 rushing attack in the league so far in both yards and scores by a distance, do you think this is a sign the team is improving long term or is this a fluke season?

What do you expect out of Forrest Gump in the future?

I definitely think New Orleans is improving. I knew they would be good the second they hired @JuOSu as head GM. She's one of the best General Managers in sim leagues - winning titles in 2 different leagues (if you count that whack hockey league). But they have a great foundation - and Gump is certainly part of it.

When you look at Forrest Gump you see one of the brightest stars of the S15 draft. I think he is a foundation level piece to an offense and it is no surprise that he is carrying New Orleans to a surprisingly successful season.

(07-24-2019, 03:29 PM)Huskies311 Wrote:What team(s) do you think have the brightest future going forward?

Do you think having 22 clients is too much, too little, or a good amount?

There aren't really any teams that jump out right now - and since I have clients no every team but one I will just say that there aren't any directionless teams right now haha.

22 clients is definitely a lot, and I had considered capping it at around 10 when I started - but I figured that I didn't want to deny anyone the opportunity that wanted an agent. I am still willing to take on more clients if there are players who feel they need or could need, representation.

*SLM Presser - ValorX77 - 07-24-2019

Hello Slm.

Why do I have to wait until S18 for a new contract?

Do I have a good chance to win an award this year?

Why have I stopped drinking leaf-cola?

*SLM Presser - infinitempg - 07-24-2019

How would you say the first year of your agency (and the league's agency "experiment") has gone?

Are there any hiccups or issues that you think should be addressed/fixed for the upcoming offseason?

Any statement regarding the inactivity of the only other major agency, FHO?

There are also some accusations of you favoring certain teams over others. Do you have a statement on that?

Why is Mo Berry the absolute worst (best) client you've ever had?

Answered to here

*SLM Presser - tlk742 - 07-24-2019

why?

*SLM Presser - Oles - 07-24-2019

Do you think it's professional for an agent to constantly attack a GM unprovoked?

Do you think it's unreasonable to believe that you would be biased against a team when you have made it your mission to attack said GM time and time again?

Answered here

*SLM Presser - run_CMC - 07-24-2019

Why is Ashley Owens one of the top 22 clients you currently have?

Answered

*SLM Presser - White Cornerback - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 06:22 PM)run_CMC Wrote:Why is Ashley Owens one of the top 22 clients you currently have?
He's top 22 atleast