International Simulation Football League
Matthew Vincent personal workout / first presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Matthew Vincent personal workout / first presser (/showthread.php?tid=1437)

Matthew Vincent personal workout / first presser - sapp2013 - 06-25-2017

I cordially invite the GMs of the 6 NSFL teams to my personal workout before the waiver period ends to view my work ethic, dedication to the game, and to answer any questions that you may have for me at that time. The workout will be held at the University of Florida Gym on the southeast side of the stadium. I will go through my daily workout routine starting at 3pm and will answer questions throughout the session. It will also be open to the media and public. I hope to see all of you there.

(06-25-2017, 03:47 AM)theFlock Wrote:1.) With the Receiver position already flourishing in the NSFL, and not many opportunities available, how do you feel you'll be able to contribute to a team? 
2.) Any team in particular you want to plead your case to, in hopes of being picked up before the waiver period ends? 
3.) Are you a good writer/graphic artist? These pressers don't net any money any more, as they were only part of the Inaugural Draft, so you'll need to be able to contribute other ways to make money. 
4.) Activity is a dime a dozen it seems, how often do you plan on checking into this site in order to improve your player? 
5.) Any NFL or NSFL receiver you model your game after?

1.) Early on, I understand that I won't be a first, or maybe even a second option on most teams, and that is fine by me. I need to get out there, get some reps, find a feel for the game, and get ready to dominate when my time comes. That's the great thing about entering the league early; I get to test the waters, see where I need to improve, and do so accordingly before my career really takes off.

2.) I have talked to some players from around the league and all seem eager to add to their depth, but the first person who introduced me to the league and really helped me make the decision was Adamle [Tomlinson]. It would be cool to play with him, as well as some of the other great stars here like Garden, Stormblessed, and Phelps. But it doesn't really matter where I land right now as all opportunities will give me a little of what I am looking for. If I end up on a really good team, I get to learn from the pros, maybe take a little heat off them every once in a while, and watch them potentially earn a ring. If I get picked up by a not so great team, I will be able to grab some valuable reps in both practices and games and set myself up well for the upcoming draft.

3.) heh. Delaying my entry to the league due to wanting to earn my degree might become fruitful. However, earning a mechanical engineering degree didn't really help with neither writing nor graphic design as I was focusing on coding and physics most of the time. I dabble here and there, and it might be one of my best attributes; my adaptability. I can and will do anything to become a force in this league, and if that means firing up the old type writer to hammer out a couple paragraphs after practice, so be it.

4.) Again, like I said, I will do whatever it takes to become a force in this league.

5.) It's hard just choosing one. I guess it would be Calvin Johnson. He was created in a lab and could do anything as long as it didn't involve making the playoffs. I would throw a little Dez and Larry in there, with the elusiveness and hands that they have. Go a little historic and add Moss and Rice, but thats just overkill. When I am done in this league, people will be looking at me as the prototype Wide Out to base their game off of. Going back to Megatron, I will be using my overall size to dominate these defenses. not to point anyone out, but some of these guys who exaggerate and say they are 5'10", 5'11", Might be a fuzz over 5'9" and possibly pushing 2 bucks in weight. Now, you got decent height, but are you really gonna want to tackle someone, like me? That extra 40-some pounds I got over you isn't going to go down easy when I run full speed down the middle of the field at you. Now just think how someone much smaller than you would feel in the same situation. Good Luck.

Fin.

(640 words without questions).

Matthew Vincent personal workout / first presser - theFlock - 06-25-2017

1.) With the Receiver position already flourishing in the NSFL, and not many opportunities available, how do you feel you'll be able to contribute to a team?
2.) Any team in particular you want to plead your case to, in hopes of being picked up before the waiver period ends?
3.) Are you a good writer/graphic artist? These pressers don't net any money any more, as they were only part of the Inaugural Draft, so you'll need to be able to contribute other ways to make money.
4.) Activity is a dime a dozen it seems, how often do you plan on checking into this site in order to improve your player?
5.) Any NFL or NSFL receiver you model your game after?

Thanks for you time, and good luck getting picked up! If not, then I look forward to seeing where you go in Season 2!

Matthew Vincent personal workout / first presser - timeconsumer - 06-26-2017

(06-25-2017, 05:47 AM)theFlock Wrote:3.) Are you a good writer/graphic artist? These pressers don't net any money any more, as they were only part of the Inaugural Draft, so you'll need to be able to contribute other ways to make money. 

Yes, they do. Asking questions does not generate money, but answering them still does, albeit at half the rate of a normal article.

Matthew Vincent personal workout / first presser - 7hawk77 - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 12:32 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Yes, they do. Asking questions does not generate money, but answering them still does, albeit at half the rate of a normal article.

I didn't realize asking questions generating nothing. I thought it was some reduction from early... Sad

Matthew Vincent personal workout / first presser - timeconsumer - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 04:59 PM)7hawk77 Wrote:I didn't realize asking questions generating nothing. I thought it was some reduction from early... Sad

Yeah the $100k per presser question asked was pre-draft only, after that asking questions nets nothing, but I'd still encourage people to ask questions so the guy answering them can get a little money.