International Simulation Football League
pro bowl and all pro - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: pro bowl and all pro (/showthread.php?tid=14440)

Pages: 1 2

pro bowl and all pro - ScorpXCracker - 08-03-2019

have pro bowl be voted on by player and all pro voted on my gms and ho

pro bowl and all pro - White Cornerback - 08-03-2019

(08-03-2019, 08:30 PM)ScorpXCracker Wrote:have pro bowl be voted on by player and all pro voted on my gms and ho

when the old pro bowl was voted on people abused it by just copying and pasting or posting meme teams.

Better idea would be keeping pro bowl voted on by GM's and HO and having all pro voted on by a committee. Or giving both an awards committee the ability to create both the pro bowl and all pro team

pro bowl and all pro - Raven - 08-03-2019

(08-03-2019, 10:57 PM)White Cornerback Wrote:when the old pro bowl was voted on people abused it by just copying and pasting or posting meme teams.

Better idea would be keeping pro bowl voted on by GM's and HO and having all pro voted on by a committee. Or giving both an awards committee the ability to create both the pro bowl and all pro team

pro bowl and all pro - run_CMC - 08-03-2019

(08-03-2019, 03:57 PM)White Cornerback Wrote:when the old pro bowl was voted on people abused it by just copying and pasting or posting meme teams.

pro bowl and all pro - Rising Equinox - 08-03-2019

(08-03-2019, 03:57 PM)White Cornerback Wrote:when the old pro bowl was voted on people abused it by just copying and pasting or posting meme teams.

Tbf, the GM's just copy and paste ballots and vote for players who don't deserve awards also, so why not get the players involved as well? I do agree that a committee would be the best option though, so they will actually take stats into consideration.

pro bowl and all pro - Raven - 08-03-2019

(08-04-2019, 12:26 AM)Rising Equinox Wrote:Tbf, the GM's just copy and paste ballots and vote for players who don't deserve awards also, so why not get the players involved as well? I do agree that a committee would be the best option though, so they will actually take stats into consideration.

Mostly because gm votes make some kinda sence, meanwhile players will go full meme.

pro bowl and all pro - manicmav36 - 08-03-2019

(08-03-2019, 05:26 PM)Rising Equinox Wrote:Tbf, the GM's just copy and paste ballots and vote for players who don't deserve awards also, so why not get the players involved as well? I do agree that a committee would be the best option though, so they will actually take stats into consideration.

Some do, yes. But to a far smaller frequency than we saw with players. Plus, because there's so few voters, people routinely get called out in GM chat when they do vote team before all else.

pro bowl and all pro - ADwyer87 - 08-04-2019

(08-03-2019, 04:26 PM)Rising Equinox Wrote:Tbf, the GM's just copy and paste ballots and vote for players who don't deserve awards also, so why not get the players involved as well? I do agree that a committee would be the best option though, so they will actually take stats into consideration.
This is an annoyance, I wish GMs would take award voting much more seriously. But mostly I would say that its a case of what you would rather have, 15 copy pasted ballots, or 70+ very meme-y copy pasted ballots?

An awards committee would be nice, but seeing as we just had two of the biggest openings in our site happen, head updater and DSFL simmer, and they both had to be filled by HO members because no one is applying for jobs, i would be very skeptical of adding another job to be filled

pro bowl and all pro - 37thchamber - 08-05-2019

(08-03-2019, 09:30 PM)ScorpXCracker Wrote:have pro bowl be voted on by player and all pro voted on my gms and ho
This might be an option later down the line when the pro bowl selections don't have to be a forum post, otherwise you just get a bunch of C+P/meme selections. If there's nobody to copy, and the process requires less work (like maybe you just have to click the player names or select from drop downs) it might encourage more people to do it. We'll see.

Same goes for GMs voting on awards, tbh. And the predictions and trivia, too.

Basically I think it boils down to the idea that when people can just copy someone else's selections, they're basically encouraged to. Particularly if there is a reward (or you avoid punishment in the case of GMs) for doing it.

pro bowl and all pro - ScorpXCracker - 08-05-2019

(08-04-2019, 06:49 AM)ADwyer87 Wrote:This is an annoyance, I wish GMs would take award voting much more seriously. But mostly I would say that its a case of what you would rather have, 15 copy pasted ballots, or 70+ very meme-y copy pasted ballots?

An awards committee would be nice, but seeing as we just had two of the biggest openings in our site happen, head updater and DSFL simmer, and they both had to be filled by HO members because no one is applying for jobs, i would be very skeptical of adding another job to be filled

But aren't those 2 jobs very serious jobs with a big time commitment? I font think an awards committee is nearly as serious as that, thus more people applying?