International Simulation Football League
Newbie Questions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Newbie Questions (/showthread.php?tid=1480)

Pages: 1 2

Newbie Questions - Darnellthebeast - 06-25-2017

I have two questions before I create my player(sorry if these were answered somewhere, I looked but didn't see anything)
1. What schemes do teams run? Are they all the same? Mainly just concerned about 3-4 vs. 4-3.
2. Do teams get to choose what schemes their cb's run? Like can a team choose to be zone based and exclusively/most of the time run zone(vice versa for man)?

Thanks

Newbie Questions - RainDelay - 06-25-2017

Not sure about 1, but for two I believe teams set their own strategies and likelihood of using any package in a situation

@Ballerstorm @princekyle or someone else should be able to answer definitively!

Newbie Questions - Admin - 06-25-2017

(06-25-2017, 06:41 PM)RainDelay Wrote:Not sure about 1, but for two I believe teams set their own strategies and likelihood of using any package in a situation

@Ballerstorm @princekyle or someone else should be able to answer definitively!
Yeah that's pretty accurate. Teams choose formations and blitz ratio on defense.

Newbie Questions - timeconsumer - 06-25-2017

(06-25-2017, 09:35 PM)Darnellthebeast Wrote:I have two questions before I create my player(sorry if these were answered somewhere, I looked but didn't see anything)
1. What schemes do teams run?  Are they all the same?  Mainly just concerned about 3-4 vs. 4-3.
2. Do teams get to choose what schemes their cb's run?  Like can a team choose to be zone based and exclusively/most of the time run zone(vice versa for man)?

Thanks

1) the sim allows team GMs to select from several different default playbooks. Offense can be balance, vertical, power, etc. Then you choose the run pass ratio among different situations (1st and 10, 1st and short, 3rd and long, etc. about a dozen choices). Defense you choose from 4-3, 3-4, nickel, dime. You can do different formations depending on the situation (same dozen as before) with blitz percentages as well for each.
2) Actually the man vs zone is built into the playbooks used. So for example the nickel playbook has about 12 plays and some of them have corners playing man, sometimes zone. I'd estimate there is a bit more man coverage than zone coverage in the default playbooks but I haven't added it all up.

Newbie Questions - Bzerkap - 06-26-2017

(06-25-2017, 09:01 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:1) the sim allows team GMs to select from several different default playbooks. Offense can be balance, vertical, power, etc. Then you choose the run pass ratio among different situations (1st and 10, 1st and short, 3rd and long, etc. about a dozen choices). Defense you choose from 4-3, 3-4, nickel, dime. You can do different formations depending on the situation (same dozen as before) with blitz percentages as well for each.
2) Actually the man vs zone is built into the playbooks used. So for example the nickel playbook has about 12 plays and some of them have corners playing man, sometimes zone. I'd estimate there is a bit more man coverage than zone coverage in the default playbooks but I haven't added it all up.

Did you buy the sim? I just ask because you mention default playbook. I'm wondering if they allow you to make a custom playbook

Newbie Questions - timeconsumer - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 11:56 AM)Bzerkap Wrote:Did you buy the sim? I just ask because you mention default playbook. I'm wondering if they allow you to make a custom playbook

Yes I own the sim. In the sim itself it does allow for custom playbooks, but I don't think that is really feasible for our league because they aren't something that can be easily built, exported, and imported for our simmer.

(06-26-2017, 10:03 AM)timeconsumer Wrote:Yes I own the sim. In the sim itself it does allow for custom playbooks, but I don't think that is really feasible for our league because they aren't something that can be easily built, exported, and imported for our simmer.
Gotcha. Thanks for the answer! You'd think they'd have a simple export import to CSV or JSON or something. Oh well

Newbie Questions - timeconsumer - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 12:20 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:Gotcha. Thanks for the answer! You'd think they'd have a simple export import to CSV or JSON or something. Oh well

There is a way that the sim uses for online leagues, but it requires every GM to own the sim and it is all synced to a server. That's more meant for leagues that actually use the sim as intended, not our version where it's more player focused.

Newbie Questions - Admin - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 09:20 AM)Bzerkap Wrote:Gotcha. Thanks for the answer! You'd think they'd have a simple export import to CSV or JSON or something. Oh well
We make teams choose one offensive playbook to use for all situations. Custom playbooks too easily exploit the sim. Ive seen running QBs have almost 3000 yards in a single season with them.

(06-26-2017, 10:22 AM)timeconsumer Wrote:There is a way that the sim uses for online leagues, but it requires every GM to own the sim and it is all synced to a server. That's more meant for leagues that actually use the sim as intended, not our version where it's more player focused.

Alright I guess kind of like a little DRM thing then. Makes sense.

(06-26-2017, 10:23 AM)Ballerstorm Wrote:We make teams choose one offensive playbook to use for all situations. Custom playbooks too easily exploit the sim. Ive seen running QBs have almost 3000 yards in a single season with them.

I can see where that wouldn't be too fun.