International Simulation Football League
A modest O-line proposal - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: A modest O-line proposal (/showthread.php?tid=14894)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

A modest O-line proposal - Quigonginger - 08-12-2019

To slowly phase in one mandatory Oline position.

Why? Noting the many disclaimers before even making a dude, further noting that I can swap at any time, I still persist that the Oline position is undervalued and the general notion that everybody is on here for fat stats and stacks of cash is far from what I've observed to be universal truth. I have also seen "do I go get a lineman that's worse than bots, or do I preserve waiver priority?" to truly reflect how little the position is valued. Further, adding potential weak spots to a line creates more opportunity to an opposing team with a strong Dline (thus bringing value to what is seen as the second least "fun" position group). I propose the following to bring value to the vaunted IRL positions like LT and building of team comradery and overall community:

Seasons 1 and 2 of implementation, all NSFL teams will be required to carry one starting Olineman. This can be any tackle, guard, or center, and have a maximum of four bots.

Season 3, reevaluation of the policy. Voting will be to either revert back to the old bot-dominated policy, keep it as-is indefinitely, extend the transition period and set a new reevaluation date, fix key positions such as LT or C to be human only, or up the requirement to two human linemen. Consideration to number of active players and popularity of changes shall be made.

This will, in the short term, create more complexity in team balance and draft priority, as well as create more opportunities on the defensive side when teams have neglected to fill this position (there will be games where you face maxed out LT's but also maybe you get to blow up a 250 TPE guard in others). This will add to the teams a player who is solely focused on making those around him better, and based on the activity in our exclusive big boy discord, this will bring a lot of spirit and comradery to each NSFL team. We won't just be raising up future Tyrone Smiths, we'll be adding the Joe Looneys to teams as well as Lamar Holmes's.

Most importantly, this will "give us a fair rub" so we will finally shut the hell up.

A modest O-line proposal - caltroit_red_flames - 08-12-2019

The nay sayers will say that players can already easily take a position from a bot. Not everyone is a max earner, some of us are just here to have fun and be semi active. It's time we got a fair rub.

(08-12-2019, 10:36 AM)Quigonginger Wrote:Most importantly, this will "give us a fair rub" so we will finally shut the hell up.

Probably the only thing in here that will motivate people to listen to this proposal

A modest O-line proposal - Quigonginger - 08-12-2019

"do I go get a lineman that's worse than bots, or do I preserve waiver priority? The fact this was the DSFL Luchadores and not even NSFL was pretty devastating.

A modest O-line proposal - PaytonM34 - 08-12-2019

I think giving a boost to both user DL and user OL is the long term solution to this. Make an actual demand for human OL, in a way that the bots can't fill. Balance some shit out , so that we can actually have a meaningful impact on top tier DL.

This league is so unbalanced in favour of a high percentage passing offense, that there's barely a demand for great DL too. Figure out a way to balance this shit, because currently the only meta is having a 1000+tpe qb surrounded by a couple 800+tpe WRs

A modest O-line proposal - TomHanks - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 12:45 PM)Quigonginger Wrote:"do I go get a lineman that's worse than bots, or do I preserve waiver priority? The fact this was the DSFL Luchadores and not even NSFL was pretty devastating.

Hold up, I never said we (the Luchadores) would ever preserve waiver priority over taking an active O lineman. I said that other GMs may preserve priority rather than pick up a semi active lineman. Human linemen will always have a home in Tijuana

A modest O-line proposal - PaytonM34 - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 12:23 PM)TomHanks Wrote:Hold up, I never said we (the Luchadores) would ever preserve waiver priority over taking an active O lineman. I said that other GMs may preserve priority rather than pick up a semi active lineman. Human linemen will always have a home in Tijuana

Tijuana, home of the original Human Wall

A modest O-line proposal - IsaStarcrossed - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 11:23 AM)TomHanks Wrote:Hold up, I never said we (the Luchadores) would ever preserve waiver priority over taking an active O lineman. I said that other GMs may preserve priority rather than pick up a semi active lineman. Human linemen will always have a home in Tijuana

While that is completely fair, it still seems a bit crazy that it is something that would even be considered. The mere fact that even some random GM might would consider preserving priority over any semi active player regardless of position brings to question a problem all on its own.

A modest O-line proposal - TomHanks - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 01:38 PM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:While that is completely fair, it still seems a bit crazy that it is something that would even be considered. The mere fact that even some random GM might would consider preserving priority over any semi active player regardless of position brings to question a problem all on its own.

Oh I agree 100%. I'm just trying to be clear that linemen, especially O linemen, are kind of our thing in Tijuana lol

(08-12-2019, 11:38 AM)IsaStarcrossed Wrote:While that is completely fair, it still seems a bit crazy that it is something that would even be considered. The mere fact that even some random GM might would consider preserving priority over any semi active player regardless of position brings to question a problem all on its own.

That's the heart of the problem. It's proof that OL doesn't get a fair rub.